RemedySpot.com

Transplant evaluation.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I've been back to see the transplant team today.

My head is spinning as we've been talking about the more unpleasant facts, figures and statistics, but all things that I need to know to be able to make an informed decision in the end.

As I have made headway with my weight they have decided to go ahead and book me in for the transplant admission, probably for january next year. It's a case of going in on the monday, having a load more tests until wednesday night, then all my details going to the transplant board on thursday morning, when they will tell me whether or not I can be listed. At that point it is my decision whether to BE listed or not.

He is disappointed that I didn't get to see the dietician sooner, and therefore haven't lost more weight, and also that I still haven't been started on any treatment for the PH. This has got worse. I thought it had as I have been feeling more breathless, but my pft's have remained fairly stable. However I have received a call from that particular hospital today, from the admissions, (I have been told that they want me in for a couple of days to put me on the meds and make sure that they don't give me any unwanted side effects) so perhaps that's sorted now.

I'm feeling quite ambivalent about things at the moment as it's too big to think of right now. I know they have a responsibility to tell me the down side, but today, I've just heard too many of them.

Love Ze xx