RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: medical insurance

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Pink ... unfortunately, yes. the 11K was out of pocket. Or rather out of Money Market. As I wrote previously, if medical continues to rise our Money Market will plummet!

Everything is so expensive anymore and to meet expenses means going to MM. I'm grateful we've had it but oh golly, I'm watching it fall. Especially since I fell into the 'donut hole' with Rx.

I know there are others who do not even have what little we have so I'm grateful to God, always.

MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Re: medical insurance

SherWell, even though my generics are only $7 per month, they are expensivegenerics that push me to the donut hole and my brand meds which I'veabsolutely been told no generic option are quite expensive. So, in 2009,if I buy my meds all in the plan I'll hit the donut hole in early April.I'd spend about $120 per month before the donut hole. During the holeI'd spend about $600 per month and I'd come out of the donut hole lateOctober and then spend $100 per month the last two months. Note that Ihave three prescriptions not covered at all by medicare. So with noadditional meds my expense would be around $4800 plus the insurance costof $900 for a total prescription cost of $5700. Thats why I willconsider to compare the costs of getting Nexium from Canada.Now, doctors and hospitals and labs are all covered completely by my$295 per month (96 Medicare + 199 Medigap) or just under $3600 per year.But at least don't have to worry about additional costs there.The ultimate problem isn't the availability of insurance or the donuthole because I think those are symptoms. The problem is the cost of medsin the US versus the same meds elsewhere. Between what I pay and whatinsurance pays the total monthly cost of my meds in the US is over $800.In Canada at retail it would be around $400 and mail order or genericsthat aren't offered in the US would reduce it to $250.> > >> > > frustrated!! ! medicare started August 1--got a decent supplemental> > plan--Blue Cross Select Advantage Gold. For a few $$$ more, itcovered> > a lot of stuff. Notified that it is being discontinued as of jan2009.> > they will switch me to Select Advantage Silver. premium is less, but> > copays and deductibles are more. Need to find a different plan, butso> > far, the ones that i looked at are not as good. will continue the> > search...> > >> > > Pink Joyce IPF 3/06 Pennsylvania> > >> >>

going to meet with a Blue Cross rep on the 14thPink Joyce IPF 3/06 Pennsylvania

Subject: Re: medical insuranceTo: Breathe-Support Date: Saturday, November 1, 2008, 12:23 PM

PinkAre you using medicare's search and compare feature on their website? Idon't know how prevalant Advantage plans vs. Medigap supplements are inPA but you might want to look at Medigap too. It was anticipated by mostto see some weakening of benefits or increase of cost ot MedicareAdvantage plans for 2009 as the amount being paid by Medicare to theInsurance company is being reduced.>> frustrated!! ! medicare started August 1--got a decent supplementalplan--Blue Cross Select Advantage Gold. For a few $$$ more, it covereda lot of stuff. Notified that it is being discontinued as of jan 2009. they will switch me to Select Advantage Silver. premium is less, butcopays and deductibles are more. Need to find a

different plan, but sofar, the ones that i looked at are not as good. will continue thesearch...>> Pink Joyce IPF 3/06 Pennsylvania>

Bruce

when nexium was taken out of formulary, they switched me to prilosec

prilosec generic is 20 mgs--since i need 40 mgs, they wrote script for 2 generics per day

forgot to remind them when I got a new script

it's in my list of questions for pulmo next weekPink Joyce IPF 3/06 Pennsylvania

Subject: Re: medical insuranceTo: Breathe-Support Date: Saturday, November 1, 2008, 12:48 PM

PinkAnother reason that over time we see fewer of the upper end plans is theprinciple of "adverse selection." Those with the most health issuesalways gravitate to the upper plan, which in turn pushes its cost higherand eventually eliminates it.Thats why plans that offered prescription coverage through the doughnuthole (other than just for generics) quickly diminished. Those like mewho take $355 of Nexium a month would all choose it.I did place my first order for Nexium from Canada this week. Guess willsee how that goes. Actually I will be getting the Astra Zenica brandedproduct from India, which is spelled Neksium there. The cost is lessthan one third of Nexium US.90 Day Supply of Nexium (80MG/Day):US Local with Discount $1065US-Drugstore. com $930Canada-Canadian Branded Nexium from Minnesota approved pharmacy $438Canada-India Branded Neksium

$309All the above products branded Astra Zenica product so same except incoating. US is Capsule, Canada is Tablet.>> frustrated!! ! medicare started August 1--got a decent supplementalplan--Blue Cross Select Advantage Gold. For a few $$$ more, it covereda lot of stuff. Notified that it is being discontinued as of jan 2009. they will switch me to Select Advantage Silver. premium is less, butcopays and deductibles are more. Need to find a different plan, but sofar, the ones that i looked at are not as good. will continue thesearch...>> Pink Joyce IPF 3/06 Pennsylvania>