RemedySpot.com

Dale Snelbaker

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Good evening all,

I'm sorry to have to let you all know that Breathe-Support member Dale Snelbaker passed away this past Tuesday, November 4. He was 67 years old. His memorial service will be on November 15th at 4pm at Covenant International Church in Raleigh, NC. There seems to be very limited information available and he had no local family. If I can find anything more, an address to send a card or something along those lines I will pass it along.

This makes my heart heavy. Dale and I were supposed to meet for lunch a couple of months ago. He became ill with a respiratory infection and ended up in the hospital that weekend. Except for a brief 2 day stay in rehab he never again left the hospital. This is someone who was not even on supplementary oxygen prior to this hospitalization. His decline was breathtakingly swift.

It's a sad reminder of how precious life is and how rapidly this disease can move in some people. Please everyone, look after yourselves carefully. Don't wait if you suspect a respiratory infection, get to the doctor immediately. We are all at risk so please take nothing for granted.

With love,

Beth-Moderator

Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 UCTD 06/08

"Take chances, make mistakes and get messy!"

Miss Frizzle

I don't care if the doctor makes you feel silly because you're coming too much or if you feel like its nothing, go go go. If you don't have a doctor who will see you almost immediately, find one who will, ideally your pulmonologist but at least your primary. If you feel something make that ER trip you don't think is necessary. Unlike many we've lost, this one snuck up on Dale. I've ignored things in the past and I won't with this disease. We don't know what happened at this point but I just reread my last post to Dale as he was waiting until Friday to see his pulmonologist's physician assistant. The first sign he reported to us was a problem during the night on Tuesday but he reported more problems on Wednesday.

If there is anyone on this board without an oximeter, get one now, please. Dale didn't get his until Aug 29. He did notice the need for oxygen before he made it to the doctor on Sept 26. He was immediately admitted after that appointment. I don't know if getting there sooner would have helped, but I will wonder. I'll wonder even if he'd gone to the ER on Thursday. Unfortunately, there were some signs that he just thought were part of the disease and they weren't just an ordinary part of the disease. If you have doubts, go. I reread one of the last paragraphs I typed to him and repost it here as a reminder to myself and to all here. We hadn't gotten a chance to know him well, but when we hesitate to get help we might remember him. Dale was typing transplant while his oxygen was low and he was coughing up blood.

We're all here for you. Now, get to a doctor immediately, if not before. Blood in your morning expectorant isn't good. A sudden change in oxygen isn't good. It could be many things causing this. Do you have acid reflux? One of the great lessons we all need to learn is to not delay and to see a doctor at the first sign. Thats the big difference between something being serious and something being mild. So, while you're wise in looking ahead, the issue for today isn't transplant. It's what is going on with Dale right now to cause the sudden change and the blood.

I wish I'd called him and said that harsher.

>> Good evening all,> I'm sorry to have to let you all know that Breathe-Support member Dale Snelbaker passed away this past Tuesday, November 4. He was 67 years old. His memorial service will be on November 15th at 4pm at Covenant International Church in Raleigh, NC. There seems to be very limited information available and he had no local family. If I can find anything more, an address to send a card or something along those lines I will pass it along.> > This makes my heart heavy. Dale and I were supposed to meet for lunch a couple of months ago. He became ill with a respiratory infection and ended up in the hospital that weekend. Except for a brief 2 day stay in rehab he never again left the hospital. This is someone who was not even on supplementary oxygen prior to this hospitalization. His decline was breathtakingly swift. > > It's a sad reminder of how precious life is and how rapidly this disease can move in some people. Please everyone, look after yourselves carefully. Don't wait if you suspect a respiratory infection, get to the doctor immediately. We are all at risk so please take nothing for granted.> > With love,> > Beth-Moderator> Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 UCTD 06/08 > > "Take chances, make mistakes and get messy!"> Miss Frizzle>

Oh MB I just hate that. I was looking forward to meeting him too. Just unbelievable. His poor family. How did you hear?? What a shame. Love & Prayers, PeggyFlorida,  IPF/UIP 2004"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet, when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly." 

Dear Beth:

I am in total shock and sadness this morning over the passing of

Dale. He was such a nice guy. I printed out what you posted about

him for further reference for jumping quickly when something in my

body says: " something is wrong " . We all can not take care of

ourselves with this dreaded disease the right way unless we are

extremely aware of our body, oxygen level is most important and every

day we have we have to be totally alert to our surroundings and not

to overdo things that are not important. WE are important to each

other and to God and He wants us to respond to our bodies and

symptoms of distress if it arises. I am knowing that Dale is at

peace and boy! I feel a big loss this day.

I LOVE YOU ALL THIS DAY

MARY LOU - (74) RICHMOND VA

IPF - 02

>

> Good evening all,

> I'm sorry to have to let you all know that Breathe-Support member

Dale Snelbaker passed away this past Tuesday, November 4. He was 67

years old. His memorial service will be on November 15th at 4pm at

Covenant International Church in Raleigh, NC. There seems to be very

limited information available and he had no local family. If I can

find anything more, an address to send a card or something along

those lines I will pass it along.

>

> This makes my heart heavy. Dale and I were supposed to meet for

lunch a couple of months ago. He became ill with a respiratory

infection and ended up in the hospital that weekend. Except for

a brief 2 day stay in rehab he never again left the hospital. This is

someone who was not even on supplementary oxygen prior to this

hospitalization. His decline was breathtakingly swift.

>

> It's a sad reminder of how precious life is and how rapidly this

disease can move in some people.  Please everyone, look after

yourselves carefully. Don't wait if you suspect a respiratory

infection, get to the doctor immediately. We are all at risk so

please take nothing for granted.

>

> With love,

>  

> Beth-Moderator

> Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 UCTD 06/08     

>  

> " Take chances, make mistakes and get messy! "

>  Miss Frizzle

>

Beth,

I am so sorry to hear about Dale. I just can't believe he went that fast. I will be praying for his family. R. (52) Sarcoid/PF 3/2006 Carlsbad, California

Subject: Dale SnelbakerTo: Breathe-Support Date: Friday, November 7, 2008, 4:55 PM

Good evening all,

I'm sorry to have to let you all know that Breathe-Support member Dale Snelbaker passed away this past Tuesday, November 4. He was 67 years old. His memorial service will be on November 15th at 4pm at Covenant International Church in Raleigh, NC. There seems to be very limited information available and he had no local family. If I can find anything more, an address to send a card or something along those lines I will pass it along.

This makes my heart heavy. Dale and I were supposed to meet for lunch a couple of months ago. He became ill with a respiratory infection and ended up in the hospital that weekend. Except for a brief 2 day stay in rehab he never again left the hospital. This is someone who was not even on supplementary oxygen prior to this hospitalization. His decline was breathtakingly swift.

It's a sad reminder of how precious life is and how rapidly this disease can move in some people. Please everyone, look after yourselves carefully. Don't wait if you suspect a respiratory infection, get to the doctor immediately. We are all at risk so please take nothing for granted.

With love,

Beth-Moderator

Miss Frizzle

It seems like i have been doing nothing but saying alot of thank yous

Bruce/ Beth

Appreciate this reminder and Beth, never ever feel too direct

with me; i need a flat out, straight from the hip, or i toss it out

as nothing . my doc has been trying; i have just blocked him out

thinking he just exaggerates..As I am finding reading all of these

posts, that it is darn serious and we do need to care for

ourselves.patti

> >

> > Good evening all,

> > I'm sorry to have to let you all know that Breathe-Support

member Dale

> Snelbaker passed away this past Tuesday, November 4. He was 67

years

> old. His memorial service will be on November 15th at 4pm at

Covenant

> International Church in Raleigh, NC. There seems to be very limited

> information available and he had no local family. If I can find

anything

> more, an address to send a card or something along those lines I

will

> pass it along.

> >

> > This makes my heart heavy. Dale and I were supposed to meet for

lunch

> a couple of months ago. He became ill with a respiratory infection

and

> ended up in the hospital that weekend. Except for a brief 2 day

stay in

> rehab he never again left the hospital. This is someone who was

not even

> on supplementary oxygen prior to this hospitalization. His decline

was

> breathtakingly swift.

> >

> > It's a sad reminder of how precious life is and how rapidly this

> disease can move in some people. Please everyone, look after

yourselves

> carefully. Don't wait if you suspect a respiratory infection, get

to the

> doctor immediately. We are all at risk so please take nothing for

> granted.

> >

> > With love,

> >

> > Beth-Moderator

> > Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 UCTD 06/08

> >

> > " Take chances, make mistakes and get messy! "

> > Miss Frizzle

> >

>

Sorry to hear about DalePink Joyce IPF 3/06 Pennsylvania

Subject: Dale SnelbakerTo: Breathe-Support Date: Friday, November 7, 2008, 7:55 PM

Good evening all,

With love,

Beth-Moderator

Miss Frizzle