RemedySpot.com

My Story - A day With Friends

Rate this topic

Guest guest

As many of you know, I often make trips to northern Maine to visit my housing projects. The trip is through the mountains, and due to the unusually brilliant autumn colors I felt transported to another world. This day I made the trip in my somewhat dilapidated pickup that rumbles and hiccups its way up and down the mountains which was so soothing I felt like drifting to sleep.

I may have, for a moment, because the rumbles and hiccups gave way to a hum of chatter behind me. I glanced in the rear view mirror and was surprised to find people behind me, a lot people, more than could ever fit into a pickup, but then I realized that I wasn't in my pickup, I was driving a school bus. I slowed my speed so I could keep one eye to the back to learn where I was and who were these people.

Then I saw the tanks and the lines and the cannulas. I recognized Bruce going down the aisle, adjusting cannulas, fiddling with dials, and redraping lines. Beth was demonstrating sitting exercises.

Mama Sher was passing out tea. Lou was in a comic mode and the laughter was music. We topped a rise and I drove into a small open space where we could look across 15 miles to large granite cliffs. It was breathtaking. The chatter stopped and we sat in silence for awhile.

Our journey began again as the day began to darken. In a short while we were in the valley at the parking lot. With goodbyes and hugs and kisses, all made their way to their cars.

As she passed me, Mama Sher put her cheek against mine and whispered, "thank you for this day."

Now it was dark and I was once again in my old pickup. I had my family day and I didn't want it to end, but it had to as all things do. I touched my face, and it was then I felt the moisture.

May God be with each of you.

Jack79/IPF - UIP/dx06/05 Maine

Ahhhhh Jack. What a softie you are!

MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

My Story - A day With Friends

As many of you know, I often make trips to northern Maine to visit my housing projects. The trip is through the mountains, and due to the unusually brilliant autumn colors I felt transported to another world. This day I made the trip in my somewhat dilapidated pickup that rumbles and hiccups its way up and down the mountains which was so soothing I felt like drifting to sleep.

I may have, for a moment, because the rumbles and hiccups gave way to a hum of chatter behind me. I glanced in the rear view mirror and was surprised to find people behind me, a lot people, more than could ever fit into a pickup, but then I realized that I wasn't in my pickup, I was driving a school bus. I slowed my speed so I could keep one eye to the back to learn where I was and who were these people.

Then I saw the tanks and the lines and the cannulas. I recognized Bruce going down the aisle, adjusting cannulas, fiddling with dials, and redraping lines. Beth was demonstrating sitting exercises.

Mama Sher was passing out tea. Lou was in a comic mode and the laughter was music. We topped a rise and I drove into a small open space where we could look across 15 miles to large granite cliffs. It was breathtaking. The chatter stopped and we sat in silence for awhile.

Our journey began again as the day began to darken. In a short while we were in the valley at the parking lot. With goodbyes and hugs and kisses, all made their way to their cars.

As she passed me, Mama Sher put her cheek against mine and whispered, "thank you for this day."

Now it was dark and I was once again in my old pickup. I had my family day and I didn't want it to end, but it had to as all things do. I touched my face, and it was then I felt the moisture.

Jack, For you never to have been in a meeting of the group you did an amazing job. The only thing left out were the tears. Yep we all wet each others faces pretty good. The good by hugs are just the BEST,Good Job. The Mountains are wonderful. Love & Prayers, PeggyFlorida,  IPF/UIP 2004"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet, when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly." 

Dear Friend Jack:

How lovely and soothing is that day you had with friends. It made me

want to give you the biggest hug you ever had, also made me cry and

think that maybe Heaven (with all of us together someday) would be

like. How beautiful you are!!!

I LOVE YOU THIS DAY !!

MARY LOU - RICHMOND VA (74)

IPF - 02

>

> As many of you know, I often make trips to northern Maine to visit

my housing projects.  The trip is through the mountains, and due to

the unusually brilliant autumn colors I felt transported to another

world.  This day I made the trip in my somewhat dilapidated pickup

that rumbles and hiccups its way up and down the mountains which was

so soothing I felt like drifting to sleep.

>

> I may have, for a moment, because the rumbles and hiccups gave way

to a hum of chatter behind me.  I glanced in the rear view mirror and

was surprised to find people behind me, a lot people, more than could

ever fit into a pickup, but then I realized that I wasn't in my

pickup, I was driving a school bus.  I slowed my speed so I could

keep one eye to the back to learn where I was and who were these

people.

>

> Then I saw the tanks and the lines and the cannulas.  I recognized

Bruce going down the aisle, adjusting cannulas, fiddling with dials,

and redraping lines.  Beth was demonstrating sitting exercises.

>

> Mama Sher was passing out tea.  Lou was in a comic mode and

the laughter was music..  We topped a rise and I drove into a small

open space where we could look across 15 miles to large granite

cliffs.  It was breathtaking.  The chatter stopped and we sat in

silence for awhile.

>

> Our journey began again as the day began to darken.  In a short

while we were in the valley at the parking lot.  With goodbyes and

hugs and kisses, all made their way to their cars.

>

> As she passed me, Mama Sher put her cheek against mine and

whispered, " thank you for this day. "  

>

> Now it was dark and I was once again in my old pickup.  I had my

family day and I didn't want it to end, but it had to as all things

do.  I touched my face, and it was then I felt the moisture.

>

> May God be with each of you.

>

>  Jack

> 79/IPF - UIP/dx06/05 Maine

>

Jack,

It is so good to see you post- I was getting worried and was missing our resident "story teller." But I am also putting in a request. . . The next time we all get together I vote we ditch the school bus and get on a cruise ship to the Carribean. Or better yet, maybe you were driving all of us to the parking lot of the docks and your dream is just the first step of the adventure. Either way I am ready for chapter two of our family reunion OR another fascinating tidbit from the life of Jack. God bless you-

R. (52) Sarcoid/PF 3/2006 Carlsbad, California

Subject: My Story - A day With FriendsTo: "Breathe-Support Group" <Breathe-Support >Date: Friday, November 7, 2008, 5:40 PM

Thank you . In truth we can go anywhere we wish, even without the tanks and cannulas and the rest of the paraphernalia that our disease requires, in our minds. And we can take our friends and family with us.

Because I am a writer, particularly of plays, I continually meet and talk with many people, strangers at first, but finally close friends. All this takes place in my mind and becomes as real to me as the actual reality.

I think my story about our group came about without my conciously aware of it until it was over. I may have missed an important element in the story. At some point the tanks and cannulas and lines disappeared, which is why it was such a joyous occasion. It was only when I watched everyone walk to their cars that I saw them again.

I was once driving along a country road when suddenly in my mind

popped up a man and woman in the middle of a heated argument. As usal, I quickly pulled over and parked and began transcribing their dialog. Another car pulled up and asked if I needed assistance. No, I said, I'm just writing a play.

I know he thought I was nuts. He was right.

JackJack79/IPF - UIP/dx06/05 Maine

To: Breathe-Support Sent: Saturday, November 8, 2008 2:01:40 PMSubject: Re: My Story - A day With Friends

Jack,

It is so good to see you post- I was getting worried and was missing our resident "story teller." But I am also putting in a request. . . The next time we all get together I vote we ditch the school bus and get on a cruise ship to the Carribean. Or better yet, maybe you were driving all of us to the parking lot of the docks and your dream is just the first step of the adventure. Either way I am ready for chapter two of our family reunion OR another fascinating tidbit from the life of Jack. God bless you-

R. (52) Sarcoid/PF 3/2006 Carlsbad, California

From: Jack Marshall <mrshlljck (AT) yahoo (DOT) com>Subject: My Story - A day With FriendsTo: "Breathe-Support Group" <Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. com>Date: Friday, November 7, 2008, 5:40 PM

Jack the funny thing about your story is when we gather together we DON'T see the tanks, tubing or cannulas.We find we all are just good people dealing with a monster that by enjoying each other we get to put him away for a time. They just seem to not be important for a time. I want to travel and meet more of our group. It is the most satisfying vacation ever..  We have a neighbor that has a small motor home that passed away just a few weeks ago and we are talking to his wife about it.. Oh I hope it happens. We will be in NC in those beautiful mountains.. things dreams are made of.. ;)Anyway keep the dreams coming I enjoyed it. Love & Prayers, PeggyFlorida,  IPF/UIP 2004"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet, when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly." 

Peggy

Actually when you meet someone for the first times, the tanks and hoses

come in pretty handy. You're standing at the restaurant, wondering how

she will recognize you. Then you realize it will be easy, since you're

the only one around with a hose in your nose and a tank at your side.

Sure makes it easier to find your group.

>

> Jack the funny thing about your story is when we gather together we

> DON'T see the tanks, tubing or cannulas.

> We find we all are just good people dealing with a monster that by

> enjoying each other we get to put him away for a time. They just seem

> to not be important for a time.

>

> I want to travel and meet more of our group. It is the most

> satisfying vacation ever.. We have a neighbor that has a small motor

> home that passed away just a few weeks ago and we are talking to his

> wife about it.. Oh I hope it happens. We will be in NC in those

> beautiful mountains.. things dreams are made of.. ;)

>

> Anyway keep the dreams coming I enjoyed it.

>

>

> Love & Prayers, Peggy

> Florida, IPF/UIP 2004

>

> " I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet,

> when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly. "

>

>

> 

>

I know.. Oh I wanna do MORE MORE..  lol Love & Prayers, PeggyFlorida,  IPF/UIP 2004"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet, when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly." 

Jack

you keep writing i enjoy reading... patti

>

> From: Jack Marshall <mrshlljck (AT) yahoo (DOT) com>

> Subject: My Story - A day With Friends

> To: " Breathe-Support Group " <Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. com>

> Date: Friday, November 7, 2008, 5:40 PM

>

>

> As many of you know, I often make trips to northern Maine to visit

my housing projects. The trip is through the mountains, and due to

the unusually brilliant autumn colors I felt transported to another

world. This day I made the trip in my somewhat dilapidated pickup

that rumbles and hiccups its way up and down the mountains which was

so soothing I felt like drifting to sleep.

>

> I may have, for a moment, because the rumbles and hiccups gave way

to a hum of chatter behind me. I glanced in the rear view mirror

and was surprised to find people behind me, a lot people, more than

could ever fit into a pickup, but then I realized that I wasn't in

my pickup, I was driving a school bus. I slowed my speed so I could

keep one eye to the back to learn where I was and who were these

people.

>

> Then I saw the tanks and the lines and the cannulas. I recognized

Bruce going down the aisle, adjusting cannulas, fiddling with dials,

and redraping lines. Beth was demonstrating sitting exercises.

>

> Mama Sher was passing out tea. Lou was in a comic mode and

the laughter was music. We topped a rise and I drove into a small

open space where we could look across 15 miles to large granite

cliffs. It was breathtaking. The chatter stopped and we sat in

silence for awhile.

>

> Our journey began again as the day began to darken. In a short

while we were in the valley at the parking lot. With goodbyes and

hugs and kisses, all made their way to their cars.

>

> As she passed me, Mama Sher put her cheek against mine and

whispered, " thank you for this day. "

>

> Now it was dark and I was once again in my old pickup. I had my

family day and I didn't want it to end, but it had to as all things

do. I touched my face, and it was then I felt the moisture.

>

> May God be with each of you.

>

> Jack

> 79/IPF - UIP/dx06/05 Maine

>

>

> Messages in this topic (5) Reply (via web post) | Start a new

topic

> Messages | Files | Photos | Database | Polls | Members | Calendar

> MARKETPLACE

>

> ________________________________

> From kitchen basics to easy recipes - join the Group from Kraft

Foods

>

> Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)

> Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest |

Switch format to Traditional

> Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

> Recent Activity

> * 5

> New Members

> * 32

> New PhotosVisit Your Group

> Yahoo! Health

> Memory Loss

> Are you at risk

> for Alzheimers?

> Meditation and

> Lovingkindness

> A Yahoo! Group

> to share and learn.

> Biz Resources

> Y! Small Business

> Articles, tools,

> forms, and more.

> .

> __,_.._,___

>

Didn't think about that but that is funny.Definitely has another

plus to using oxygen. HeH, Peggy do you think you make to NJ and

i'll come for the ride.. lol patti

> >

> > Jack the funny thing about your story is when we gather together

we

> > DON'T see the tanks, tubing or cannulas.

> > We find we all are just good people dealing with a monster that

by

> > enjoying each other we get to put him away for a time. They just

seem

> > to not be important for a time.

> >

> > I want to travel and meet more of our group. It is the most

> > satisfying vacation ever.. We have a neighbor that has a small

motor

> > home that passed away just a few weeks ago and we are talking to

his

> > wife about it.. Oh I hope it happens. We will be in NC in those

> > beautiful mountains.. things dreams are made of.. ;)

> >

> > Anyway keep the dreams coming I enjoyed it.

> >

> >

> > Love & Prayers, Peggy

> > Florida, IPF/UIP 2004

> >

> > " I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet,

> > when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly. "

> >

> >

> > 

> >

>