RemedySpot.com

edema

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I wrote last weak about the edema and how they put me on lasix. Feet have come down a lot. Now it seems I am coughing up a lot of water type. Could this be from the lasix and the draining? I know that sounds like it makes no sense at all. It did not start until about a few days into the lasix.

Amy,

Lasix is a diuretic and works on the kidneys. It increases the amount of salts you are filtering out of your body and excreting in your urine thereby increasing the amount of urine your body is making. You should be finding you are going to the bathroom alot more often then you were before.

Because Lasix works on the kidneys it's not what is causing your productive cough. You might want to give your doctor a call if you suddenly have a cough that's bringing stuff up that you didn't have before. As long as what you are coughing up is clear and you have no fever I wouldn't be overly concerned but I'd give my doctor a call regardless if only because it's a new symptom.

Hope that helps!

Beth-Moderator

Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 UCTD 06/08

"Take chances, make mistakes and get messy!"

Miss Frizzle

To: breathe <Breathe-support >Sent: Saturday, November 8, 2008 9:08:26 AMSubject: edema

I wrote last weak about the edema and how they put me on lasix. Feet have come down a lot. Now it seems I am coughing up a lot of water type. Could this be from the lasix and the draining? I know that sounds like it makes no sense at all. It did not start until about a few days into the lasix.