group!

I go to PF rehab at a local hospital (Medicare and my supplemental

pay for 12 weeks of it...then it costs $62/mo to pay on my own). I

feel comfortable exercising there as they always have 2 or more

nurses/techs monitoring everyone, checking sat rates, BP, etc. We do

some warm-up exercises, followed by using bicycles and treadmills,

and finish up our hour with more 'cool-down' exercises. On one day,

we have an extra hour of 'education' teaching us about the disease

and how to breathe more efficiently, pace ourselves, etc.

Last week, they had hand-outs of some exercises we could do at home.

If you want, I can scan them and FAX, email, or snail-mail them to

you. Just let me know...also anyone else who would like a copy of

the exercises.

Hugs -

Joan

CA/NC diag PF 4/08, on O2, but only Advair med, so far & PF rehab

Thanks, Joan, for the info and the offer. I need to learn more about my own situation before I jump into any exercise program - I never have done much in the way of exercise, and I think I sould learn more about my own situation beefore I jump into anything. Joan Masters wrote: Hi Barbara -I'm fairly new, too (diag. 4/08) and am learning so much from this group!I go to PF rehab at a local hospital (Medicare and my supplemental pay for 12 weeks of

it...then it costs $62/mo to pay on my own). I feel comfortable exercising there as they always have 2 or more nurses/techs monitoring everyone, checking sat rates, BP, etc. We do some warm-up exercises, followed by using bicycles and treadmills, and finish up our hour with more 'cool-down' exercises. On one day, we have an extra hour of 'education' teaching us about the disease and how to breathe more efficiently, pace ourselves, etc. Last week, they had hand-outs of some exercises we could do at home. If you want, I can scan them and FAX, email, or snail-mail them to you. Just let me know...also anyone else who would like a copy of the exercises.Hugs -JoanCA/NC diag PF 4/08, on O2, but only Advair med, so far & PF rehabBarbara McDIPF, Sept 08Beautiful Western NC Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Galatians 6:9

Oops! I should read my emails before I hit "SEND", especially if I get interrupted while writing one. Sorry for the idiocy of this last one! Barbara McD wrote: Thanks, Joan, for the info and the offer. I need to learn more about my own situation before I jump into any exercise program - I never have done much in the way of exercise, and I think I sould learn more about my own situation beefore I jump into anything. Joan Masters wrote: Hi Barbara -I'm fairly new, too (diag. 4/08) and am learning so much from this group!I go to PF rehab at a local hospital (Medicare and my supplemental pay for 12 weeks of it...then it costs $62/mo to pay on my own). I feel comfortable exercising there as they always have 2 or more nurses/techs monitoring everyone, checking sat rates, BP, etc. We do some warm-up exercises, followed by using bicycles and treadmills, and finish up our hour with more 'cool-down' exercises. On one day, we have an extra hour of 'education' teaching us about the disease and how to breathe more efficiently, pace ourselves, etc. Last week, they had hand-outs of some exercises we could do at home. If you want, I can scan them and

FAX, email, or snail-mail them to you. Just let me know...also anyone else who would like a copy of the exercises.Hugs -JoanCA/NC diag PF 4/08, on O2, but only Advair med, so far & PF rehab Barbara McD IPF, Sept 08 Beautiful Western NC Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Galatians 6:9 Barbara

McDIPF, Sept 08Beautiful Western NC Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Galatians 6:9