RemedySpot.com

Re: Just Checking In

Rate this topic

Guest guest

jane

on yesterday's 6 min walk test, the highest SOB rating I gave was 2

but that is relative, what i think is 2, someone else might think is less or more

during the walk, my SAT dropped to 91%, I was breathing through my mouth a lot

afterwards the heart rate took longer to come back down

I walked longer and faster than in July, but i don't remember having so much trouble catching my breath afterwards in the past

I was very out of breath after the walk

throat was so dry, that I could barely talkPink Joyce IPF 3/06 Pennsylvania

Subject: Just Checking InTo: Breathe-Support Date: Wednesday, November 12, 2008, 8:56 PM

Hi to all,

I am just checking in. I finished my Z-pack yesterday... .Went back to my exercise class because I was in need of stretching my feet on the treadmill ( due to foot drop) and I had not done so since last Thursday. I elevate the treadmill to 2.0 or 2.5 while walking 2 MPH. Eddie & are doing fine. is volunteering to help at home more so I hope she is coming out of the "fog" she was in. (Finally!) Eddie turned our mattress around last week and neither of us has had a good night's sleep since. I begged him to turn it back around tonight but he declined. Max has learned to wink at us. You never know when he is going to do it.

Lou, glad you were o.k. after your fall.

Pink Joyce, when you were doing the 6MW test without O2, how would you rate how ;you felt? (The scale starting on 0 as :not at all out of breath, 1 :slightly SOB,etc. until 10 is the worse)

O.K. Mr. Bruce, you need to give more details about your mini-trip.

A week from tomorrow is the Support Group Meeting at Emory from 11:30 until 1:00. Joe & Joanie, I hope you see you there.

Hope everyone else is fine.

Toodles!

Jane UIP/IPF 12/1998 Dalton, Georgia aka pianolady_musicgirl

Jane,,, I'm always glad to hear is doing better...

A winking dog! How cute.

Hope today is doable for you.

MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Re: Just Checking In

JaneIf he refuses to turn it back around, just move to the other end....lol>>> Hi to all,>> I am just checking in. I finished my Z-pack yesterday....Went back to> my exercise class because I was in need of stretching my feet on the> treadmill ( due to foot drop) and I had not done so since lastThursday.> I elevate the treadmill to 2.0 or 2.5 while walking 2 MPH. Eddie & > are doing fine. is volunteering to help at home more so I> hope she is coming out of the "fog" she was in. (Finally!) Eddie> turned our mattress around last week and neither of us has had a good> night's sleep since. I begged him to turn it back around tonight buthe> declined. Max has learned to wink at us. You never know when he is> going to do it.>> Lou, glad you were o.k. after your fall.>> Pink Joyce, when you were doing the 6MW test without O2, how would you> rate how ;you felt? (The scale starting on 0 as :not at all out of> breath, 1 :slightly SOB,etc. until 10 is the worse)>> O.K. Mr. Bruce, you need to give more details about your mini-trip.>> A week from tomorrow is the Support Group Meeting at Emory from 11:30> until 1:00. Joe & Joanie, I hope you see you there.>> Hope everyone else is fine.>> Toodles!>> Jane UIP/IPF 12/1998 Dalton, Georgia aka pianolady_musicgirl>

Pink Joyce,

My sats always dropped into the 80s on my 6MW tests that I had this year while in the STep Trial. The sildenafil really helped me. Since I have been off the sildenafil (oct. 24th) I have had to have two antibiotics. While in the 80s during the walk tests, I never felt bad or out of breath. If I had an Allergy problem or slightly sick, my sats would drop to 79 and that is when I had to stop. It was concluded that such symptoms could cause one's sat to drop.

What is the criteria that they are looking at to qualify you for a lung transplant? Just wondering. I was told that I was not sick enough to go for an evaluation plus I want to lose more weight.

Take care!

Toodles!

Jane UIP/IPF 12/1998 Dalton, Georgia aka pianolady+musicgirl> > Subject: Just Checking In> To: Breathe-Support > Date: Wednesday, November 12, 2008, 8:56 PM> > > > > > > > Hi to all,> I am just checking in. I finished my Z-pack yesterday... .Went back to my exercise class because I was in need of stretching my feet on the treadmill ( due to foot drop) and I had not done so since last Thursday. I elevate the treadmill to 2.0 or 2.5 while walking 2 MPH. Eddie & are doing fine. is volunteering to help at home more so I hope she is coming out of the "fog" she was in. (Finally!) Eddie turned our mattress around last week and neither of us has had a good night's sleep since. I begged him to turn it back around tonight but he declined. Max has learned to wink at us. You never know when he is going to do it. > Lou, glad you were o.k. after your fall.> Pink Joyce, when you were doing the 6MW test without O2, how would you rate how ;you felt? (The scale starting on 0 as :not at all out of breath, 1 :slightly SOB,etc. until 10 is the worse)> O.K. Mr. Bruce, you need to give more details about your mini-trip.> A week from tomorrow is the Support Group Meeting at Emory from 11:30 until 1:00. Joe & Joanie, I hope you see you there.> Hope everyone else is fine.> Toodles!> Jane UIP/IPF 12/1998 Dalton, Georgia aka pianolady_musicgirl> >