Guest guest

Sher

I think he's doing very much the same. Had some better days and then

back to his normal. I think the disease has been extremely difficult for

him to deal with. I believe the more active and the more outdoorsy you

were, perhaps the worst it hits you. I can enjoy sitting and searching

the web and reading here and typing to my friends. I don't miss farming

or mowing my lawn because I didn't do those things. is still

active online and seems to be hanging in pretty well.

>

> Does anyone know how Don Kennelly (is that right?) is doing? I haven't

heard about him in a long while.

> There are quite a few out there who used to post more, I wonder how

they are?

> Hey Lurkers!! Check in once in awhile, it's nice to hear from you.

>

> MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR.

> Nasturtiums

> Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

>

Thanks Peggy ... this is the same news I heard some months back. I'm sorry for him. And her. The months get long with no change...

MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Re: Just wonderin'

Sher, said says he isn't doing well at all. His cough is terrible. I think they have hospice in. I will ask when he gets in today. It's hunting season here.. I just hate it. Oh well the boy has all the toys so I guess

he must. �I'll check and let ya know.

Love & Prayers, Peggy

Florida, �IPF/UIP 2004

"I believe that friends are quiet angels�who lift us to our feet,�

when our wings�have trouble remembering how to fly."�

Caro ... hey, good to hear from you!

Ye Gads, I'd be scared too looking at what you are looking at. Is the epidural steroid injection in itself painful? Of course you will have a little sedative on the site first. I will pray the Dr gets it right!

Isn't it just like us to start worrying about all the things that can go wrong! MAYBE none of that will happen and it will help tons. Well then, maybe that would mean you'd have to have another...

I am sorry Caro. We have enough on our plates with just daily 'stuff'. When other 'stuff' comes up I personally cringe.

Just think about the big Turkey and family. Shut your eyes and hum a song!

Love ya.

MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Just wonderin'

Does anyone know how Don Kennelly (is that right?) is doing? I haven't heard about him in a long while.

There are quite a few out there who used to post more, I wonder how they are?

Hey Lurkers!! Check in once in awhile, it's nice to hear from you.

, well poop I say that the pills aren't working.

Getting better tho' and no weight gain. Looking good for home for Christmas. Not too bad.

Keep on keepin' on, both of you, there is a light at the end of the tunnel and it's not a TRAIN!

Just wonderin'

Does anyone know how Don Kennelly (is that right?) is doing? I haven't heard about him in a long while.

Hey, that's a great idea!! I will have to remember to hum while I am probably chewing off my fingernails!! (HEE HEE!!) The nurse practitioner said I can't have anything to eat or drink after midnight the day before and when I get there they will put in IV and sedate me, then when I get woozy where I don't care, they will ask me to sit up on the side of the table, put a topical anesthetic on my back and then stick. She said I will have to stay for 30 minutes, then someone can drive me home. She said the first couple of days I will probably feel worse with more back pain and a really sore back and even maybe numbness of the legs, but by the third day I should be feeling relief. Then she said some people it will last for 6 years, 3 years, a year, a few months, a week, a day, or not at all, so I am really just expecting no

help and that way if I get any relief, I would be pleasingly surprised!! My mom and dad are taking me and bringing me home and what I am wondering is that if my legs are numb, how the heck am I supposed to get up the stairs? I joked and told my oldest son, I guess I do the Army obstacle course dilly and crawl up with my elbows!! Gotta keep your humor with these diseases or everything goes!!

I am so glad to hear from you, too. I hope you are doing well. Enjoy your visit with the wee one!!

CaroASTHMA 1976,OSTEOARTHRITIS 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/07, UIP 01/08, RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS 03/08 SJOGREN SYNDROME 07/08Mississippi

From: george mathews <georgemathews76@ yahoo.com>Subject: Re: Just wonderin'To: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. comDate: Friday, November 14, 2008, 8:07 AM

Sher Good morning! checking in. well I have too begin a home IV today as the pills aren't working as the doc's hoped this is for the CMV. They have reduced ny presion (SP) and my IMuran to half what it was, that shows me things are getting better. still problem wiith my right upper thigh being weakness, so I'm working out on the bike at rehab. haven't gained weight and holding at 199-200 lbs. So things lookiing good for home at Christmas. How is your world? george ks t-9-24-08

From: Sher Bauman <bofus (AT) wbcable (DOT) net>To: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. comSent: Thursday, November 13, 2008 2:09:43 PMSubject: Just wonderin'

Just wanted to add that the height isnt exactly just what they measure but close. Some ppl have longer torsos than they do legs. So while I may be 5'4 someone could be 5'4 and have a bigger chest cavity than me. The blood type has to be the same but also so does the tissue type.

I have bad memories of my 6 min walk LOL. I was on the pulse ox and the med assistant had walked away for a sec to get a pen. In that 10 seconds or so my blood saturation went down to 70 and the alarm was beeping. I didnt know what to do so i kept walking. LOL when he came back he made me sit down and put my oxygen back on. Needless to say, Medicare covered my oxygen shortly after .

Lana K. Hall

BE AN ORGAN DONOR

Caro ... I know you will let us know how it all goes. Good luck!

Just wonderin'

Hi Lana ... how are you doing now?

Re: Just wonderin'

Just wanted to add that the height isnt exactly just what they measure but close. Some ppl have longer torsos than they do legs. So while I may be 5'4 someone could be 5'4 and have a bigger chest cavity than me. The blood type has to be the same but also so does the tissue type.

I have bad memories of my 6 min walk LOL. I was on the pulse ox and the med assistant had walked away for a sec to get a pen. In that 10 seconds or so my blood saturation went down to 70 and the alarm was beeping. I didnt know what to do so i kept walking. LOL when he came back he made me sit down and put my oxygen back on. Needless to say, Medicare covered my oxygen shortly after .

Lana K. Hall

BE AN ORGAN DONOR

Lana

thanks for the info about the torso

sorry you need oxygen, but glad you got it

did you have a transplant?

are you on the list?Pink Joyce IPF 3/06 Pennsylvania

Subject: Re: Just wonderin'To: Breathe-Support Date: Friday, November 14, 2008, 3:18 PM

Lana K. Hall

BE AN ORGAN DONOR

Caro

Back in the 90's when i had a herniated disc, i had a series of 3 epidural steriod shots, about a month apart. Eventually i needed a laminectomy.

the first steriod shot was the worst for--not the shot, the painful way i had to sit so they could give it to me

i felt great for about 2-3 weeks after each shot, but as it wore off the pain would come back

i did go from taking about 7 tylenol with codiene per day down to 3 or 4 after the shots

it is scary the first time, but you will be ok afterwards

i don't know why you need one, but i am sure it will help lessen the painPink Joyce IPF 3/06 Pennsylvania

From: george mathews <georgemathews76@ yahoo.com>Subject: Re: Just wonderin'To: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. comDate: Friday, November 14, 2008, 8:07 AM

Sher Good morning! checking in. well I have too begin a home IV today as the pills aren't working as the doc's hoped this is for the CMV. They have reduced ny presion (SP) and my IMuran to half what it was, that shows me things are getting better. still problem wiith my right upper thigh being weakness, so I'm working out on the bike at rehab. haven't gained weight and holding at 199-200 lbs. So things lookiing good for home at Christmas. How is your world? george ks t-9-24-08

From: Sher Bauman <bofus (AT) wbcable (DOT) net>To: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. comSent: Thursday, November 13, 2008 2:09:43 PMSubject: Just wonderin'

They said my MRI showed I have 2 bulging disks in my lower back. I am on Lorcet now for pain and was taking just a couple a day and now they don't even work. I think my job doing transcription plays a big role cuz I have to sit most of the day. Thanks for the info, though. I really appreciate it. I am really scared about this and I wish it were over.CaroASTHMA 1976,OSTEOARTHRITIS 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/07, UIP 01/08, RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS 03/08 SJOGREN SYNDROME 07/08Mississippi

Caro,

now i know why you need the epidural steriod shots

i was terrified too, but found relief with them

one of my friends had one or two and was fine after that

in the 90's they did give a local anesthetic prior to the injection

with the first one the nurse held me real tight so i could sit in the correct postion

just try to focus on relief from the pain and being able to function

thanksgiving plans--my daughter and two grandchildren from Florida will visit me Monday through Thursday

Shelby's husband will fly in from Boston and drive them to her father's house, about an hour from my house. He is in worse shape than me--he has ALS [ Lou Gehrig's disease}

He is literally an invalid, wheelchair bound, can't do anything for himself except move his eyes

on a feeding tube and a ventilator

last year he got a computer that he works with his eyes--it is amazing

he is a good role model for me because he had done everything possible to stay alive

even though some people question the quality of life

his mind is still sharp and he able to communicate via specialized computer

when jill [ my daughter from New York] looks at me, she sees oxygen, but she sees someone who walks, talks, eats, etc.

my quality of life is so much better than her dad's

thanks for listeningPink Joyce IPF 3/06 Pennsylvania

george

sounds wonderful--something to look forward toPink Joyce IPF 3/06 Pennsylvania

Subject: Re: Just wonderin'To: Breathe-Support Date: Friday, November 14, 2008, 9:07 AM

Pink

I'm assuming Lana is talking about before her transplant. She just

celebrated her four year anniversary recently.

>

> From: LANA K HALL zaneylanie@...

> Subject: Re: Just wonderin'

> To: Breathe-Support

> Date: Friday, November 14, 2008, 3:18 PM

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Just wanted to add that the height isnt exactly just what they measure

but close. Some ppl have longer torsos than they do legs. So while I

may be 5'4 someone could be 5'4 and have a bigger chest cavity than me.

The blood type has to be the same but also so does the tissue type.

>

> I have bad memories of my 6 min walk LOL. I was on the pulse ox and

the med assistant had walked away for a sec to get a pen. In that 10

seconds or so my blood saturation went down to 70 and the alarm was

beeping. I didnt know what to do so i kept walking. LOL when he came

back he made me sit down and put my oxygen back on. Needless to say,

Medicare covered my oxygen shortly after .

>

>

> Lana K. Hall

>

>

> BE AN ORGAN DONOR

>

Lana; Joyce

saw the surgeon today for transplant

no new lungs for patti yet and just more testing.. amazing how

things get checked and looked at now.. umhh..

anyway, he informed me; i am 5'4 and he said i have a small chest

cavity;(wish the rest was small, lol) so they need a lung from

someone within 4 inches my height..

>

>

> To: Breathe-Support

> Date: Friday, November 14, 2008, 3:18 PM

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Just wanted to add that the height isnt exactly just what they

measure but close. Some ppl have longer torsos than they do legs.

So while I may be 5'4 someone could be 5'4 and have a bigger chest

cavity than me. The blood type has to be the same but also so does

the tissue type.

>

> I have bad memories of my 6 min walk LOL. I was on the pulse ox

and the med assistant had walked away for a sec to get a pen. In

that 10 seconds or so my blood saturation went down to 70 and the

alarm was beeping. I didnt know what to do so i kept walking. LOL

when he came back he made me sit down and put my oxygen back on.

Needless to say, Medicare covered my oxygen shortly after .

>

>

> Lana K. Hall

>

>

> BE AN ORGAN DONOR

>

Caro

you take care and you will come out shining and pain free.. Think

about at that turkey if it helps.. Patti

>

> From: george mathews <georgemathews76@ yahoo.com>

> To: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. com

> Date: Friday, November 14, 2008, 8:07 AM

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Sher Good morning!    checking in. well I have too begin a home

IV today as the pills aren't working as the doc's hoped this is for

the CMV. They have reduced ny presion (SP) and my IMuran to half

what it was, that shows me things are getting better. still problem

wiith my right upper thigh being weakness, so I'm working out on

the bike at rehab. haven't gained weight and holding at 199-200

lbs. So things lookiing good for home at Christmas. How is your

world?   george ks t-9-24-08

>

>

>

>

>

> From: Sher Bauman <bofus (AT) wbcable (DOT) net>

> To: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. com

> Sent: Thursday, November 13, 2008 2:09:43 PM

> Subject: Just wonderin'

>

>

>

>

> Does anyone know how Don Kennelly (is that right?) is doing? I

haven't heard about him in a long while.

> There are quite a few out there who used to post more, I wonder

how they are?

> Hey Lurkers!! Check in once in awhile, it's nice to hear from you.

>

> MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR.

> Nasturtiums

> Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

>

Bruce

if you are able to talk to is Don's? wife; lidocaine in the

nebulizer is very effective for the cough.. Can use it via mask..if

need. Morphine is also effective in between for shortness of breath.

Does NOT HASTEN anything.. Lidocaine, It is the IV solution 3%,

where do they live and do they have a pharmacy called Hospice

Pharmacia. They is generally will all meds related to his lung

disease would come from. It is no longer covered through Hospice but

they would know the dosaging.. So they could ask the nurse to

research; also codeine is very effective for suppressing the cough.

I could tell you exactly what they would ask for. patti

> >

> > Sher, said says he isn't doing well at all. His cough

is

> > terrible. I think they have hospice in. I will ask when he

gets

> > in today. It's hunting season here.. I just hate it. Oh well the

boy

> > has all the toys so I guess

> > he must. I'll check and let ya know.

> >

> >

> > Love & Prayers, Peggy

> > Florida, IPF/UIP 2004

> >

> > " I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet,

> > when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly. "

> >

> >

> > 

> >

>

That is wonderful Pink Joyce IPF 3/06 Pennsylvania

Subject: Re: Just wonderin'To: Breathe-Support Date: Friday, November 14, 2008, 6:03 PM

PinkI'm assuming Lana is talking about before her transplant. She justcelebrated her four year anniversary recently.>> From: LANA K HALL zaneylanie@. ..> Subject: Re: Just wonderin'> To: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. com> Date: Friday, November 14, 2008, 3:18

PM>>>>>>>>>>>> Just wanted to add that the height isnt exactly just what they measurebut close. Some ppl have longer torsos than they do legs. So while Imay be 5'4 someone could be 5'4 and have a bigger chest cavity than me. The blood type has to be the same but also so does the tissue type.>> I have bad memories of my 6 min walk LOL. I was on the pulse ox andthe med assistant had walked away for a sec to get a pen. In that 10seconds or so my blood saturation went down to 70 and the alarm wasbeeping. I didnt know what to do so i kept walking. LOL when he cameback he made me sit down and put my oxygen back on. Needless to say,Medicare covered my oxygen shortly after .>>> Lana K. Hall>>> BE AN ORGAN DONOR>