RemedySpot.com

A question for those who cough

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Do you ever get a pain in your jaw/neck? You know the soft bit sort of just under the jaw bone, where the glands are?

Sometimes when I cough I sort of get a clicking there and it hurts. Just on one side usually, but I don't get it all the time. I'm more likely to get it when I have a dry cough rather than a productive one.

It doesn't happen when I see my doc and so keep forgetting to bring it up

So am I just weird?

Love Ze xx

I don't have pain like that when I cough, Zena.Zena wrote: Do you ever get a pain in your jaw/neck? You know the soft bit sort of just under the jaw bone, where the glands are? Sometimes when I cough I sort of get a clicking there and it hurts. Just on one side usually, but I don't get it all the time. I'm more likely to get it when I have a dry cough rather than a productive

one. It doesn't happen when I see my doc and so keep forgetting to bring it up So am I just weird? Love Ze xx Barbara McDIPF, Sept 08Beautiful Western NC Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Galatians 6:9

Zena, Please mention the jaw pain to your Doc. Heart trouble can present like that. Women have strange symptoms of heart trouble at times. The clicking  ??? odd. You are sounding like me everything that can--will ! Love & Prayers, PeggyFlorida,  IPF/UIP 2004"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet, when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly." 

Hi Warrior Princess..I do relate to the 'clicking' sound you speak of... my right mandibular joint has osteoarthritis & it makes that sound... makes it hard to OPEN WIDE for the Dentist!

Can be painful too!

I also have a gland that gets sore on aoccasion on that same side.. inflamation of the Paroital Gland... only saterte4d happening during last year & re-occurs from time to time!

Complicated things BODIES!

GIO

>> > Do you ever get a pain in your jaw/neck? You know the soft bit sort of> just under the jaw bone, where the glands are?> > Sometimes when I cough I sort of get a clicking there and it hurts. > Just on one side usually, but I don't get it all the time. I'm more> likely to get it when I have a dry cough rather than a productive one.> > It doesn't happen when I see my doc and so keep forgetting to bring it> up [8-|]> > So am I just weird? [:D]> > Love Ze xx>

-zena

really need to address the jaw pain; besides heart may be TMJ. can

be very painful and annoying.. can also cause headaches.. may be

simple to fix addressed earlier enough. how old is your baby.. patti

-- In Breathe-Support , Peggy

wrote:

>

> Zena, Please mention the jaw pain to your Doc. Heart trouble can

> present like that. Women have strange

> symptoms of heart trouble at times. The clicking ??? odd. You

are

> sounding like me everything that can--will !

>

>

> Love & Prayers, Peggy

> Florida, IPF/UIP 2004

>

> " I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet,

> when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly. "

>

>

> 

>

-my coughing varies; dry continuous or a deep cough that i cannot

breathe at all. pulse ox drops majorly. It feels like a plug. have

found albuterol/ipratropium and lidocaine in a nebulizer effective.

sorry that the coughing is causing more issues.. patti

-- In Breathe-Support , " "

wrote:

>

>

> Hi Warrior Princess..I do relate to the 'clicking' sound you speak

of...

> my right mandibular joint has osteoarthritis & it makes that

sound...

> makes it hard to OPEN WIDE for the Dentist!

>

> Can be painful too!

>

> I also have a gland that gets sore on aoccasion on that same side..

> inflamation of the Paroital Gland... only saterte4d happening

during

> last year & re-occurs from time to time!

>

> Complicated things BODIES!

>

> GIO

>

>

>

> >

> >

> > Do you ever get a pain in your jaw/neck? You know the soft bit

sort of

> > just under the jaw bone, where the glands are?

> >

> > Sometimes when I cough I sort of get a clicking there and it

hurts.

> > Just on one side usually, but I don't get it all the time. I'm

more

> > likely to get it when I have a dry cough rather than a

productive one.

> >

> > It doesn't happen when I see my doc and so keep forgetting to

bring it

> > up [8-|]

> >

> > So am I just weird? [:D]

> >

> > Love Ze xx

> >

>

I have uncontrolable coughing fits throughout the day. Sometimes if I'm

having a harder time of it my throat and glad areas get sore. Otherwise

the pains I normally get are in my ribs, chest muscles and diaphram

area. Lately the worst has been coughing so hard a disc in my lower

back goes out.

I'm able to " somewhat " manage the frequency of coughing fits with

Albuterol neb. treatments, Hycodan syrup and Lidocane in a neb.

Please make sure to talk to the doc even if you just call in to the

office and leave a message when it crosses your mind.

>

>

> Do you ever get a pain in your jaw/neck? You know the soft bit sort

of

> just under the jaw bone, where the glands are?

>

> Sometimes when I cough I sort of get a clicking there and it hurts.

> Just on one side usually, but I don't get it all the time. I'm more

> likely to get it when I have a dry cough rather than a productive one.

>

> It doesn't happen when I see my doc and so keep forgetting to bring it

> up [8-|]

>

> So am I just weird? [:D]

>

> Love Ze xx

>

Hi Peggy,

Thankyou for your concern, I am aware that women are more likely to experience pain in their jaw rather than down their arm if having a heart attack, but I have only recently had trace and echo's done. This is more of a strain pain is only apparent when I'm actually coughing. This might sound dramatic, but I'm wondering if the 'clicking' is one of the glands being displaced slightly with the strain of the coughing, and that's what's causing the pain.

Love Ze xx

>> Zena, Please mention the jaw pain to your Doc. Heart trouble can > present like that. Women have strange> symptoms of heart trouble at times. The clicking ??? odd. You are > sounding like me everything that can--will !> > > Love & Prayers, Peggy> Florida, IPF/UIP 2004> > "I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet,> when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."> > > >

Hi ScillyG

I don't have clicking in the joint. I know because it squeaks instead! The clicking is a feeling rather than a noise and it's underneath the jaw line in the corner of my spare chin As I just said to Peggy, this might sound dramatic, but I am wondering if the gland is being slightly displaced under the strain of coughing and that's what I can feel moving about.

I dunno, probably just something else I'll have to learn to live with!

Love Ze xx> >> >> > Do you ever get a pain in your jaw/neck? You know the soft bit sort of> > just under the jaw bone, where the glands are?> >> > Sometimes when I cough I sort of get a clicking there and it hurts.> > Just on one side usually, but I don't get it all the time. I'm more> > likely to get it when I have a dry cough rather than a productive one.> >> > It doesn't happen when I see my doc and so keep forgetting to bring it> > up [8-|]> >> > So am I just weird? [:D]> >> > Love Ze xx> >>

i don't have pain in my jaw

I just "leak" when I cough

thought i finally got rid of pads with menopause

need them now with IPFPink Joyce IPF 3/06 Pennsylvania

Do you ever get a pain in your jaw/neck? You know the soft bit sort of just under the jaw bone, where the glands are?

Sometimes when I cough I sort of get a clicking there and it hurts. Just on one side usually, but I don't get it all the time. I'm more likely to get it when I have a dry cough rather than a productive one.

So am I just weird?

Love Ze xx

Barbara McD

IPF, Sept 08

Beautiful Western NC

Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Galatians 6:9

Zena

write it down in the notebook that you take to the doctor appointments lolPink Joyce IPF 3/06 Pennsylvania

Subject: A question for those who coughTo: Breathe-Support Date: Friday, November 14, 2008, 5:24 PM

So am I just weird?

Love Ze xx