RemedySpot.com

a brief intro

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi folks, Thanks to those who contribute here. It's good to learn aboutcoping with this affliction. Brief intro. 50. Married. Blended family; four adult children (two hers, two mine...together *ours*). Three cats and two Shetland sheepdogs.

Work as an ICU RN. Nonstipendary (unpaid) Episcopal deacon; notdoing ministry now because of health issues. Recovering alcoholic. Presently in the world of differential diagnosis. Tons of labs beingdone. More CTs and PFTs. I also have a COPD component. May need

a VATS, which sucks. Finishing off a month-long pred taper. Feel wonderful on it, but hatedthe beginning. Nothing worse than laying in bed at 0200 thinking, " I gotta go wax my car!!! " I get cynical really fast about myself...something along the lines of:

" You fool, you smoked for all those years...this is your lot in life, so get used to it. " I guess what I'm trying to say is that you people help keep me sane.For that I'm grateful.

With that I'll pass. jon50 ILD 10/08-- Two wrongs don't make a right,but two 's make an airplane.

jon

what a house full.. lol.. really great to have you here, and sorry

you need it.. Good thing you found the group early. It is easier to

care for others and not ourselves or even look at ourselves that

way.. you take care tests are cumbersome but necessay... patti

>

> Hi folks,

> Thanks to those who contribute here. It's good to learn about

> coping with this affliction.

> Brief intro. 50. Married. Blended family; four adult children

(two hers,

> two mine...together *ours*). Three cats and two Shetland

sheepdogs.

> Work as an ICU RN. Nonstipendary (unpaid) Episcopal deacon; not

> doing ministry now because of health issues. Recovering alcoholic.

> Presently in the world of differential diagnosis. Tons of labs

being

> done. More CTs and PFTs. I also have a COPD component. May need

> a VATS, which sucks.

> Finishing off a month-long pred taper. Feel wonderful on it,

but hated

> the beginning. Nothing worse than laying in bed at 0200 thinking,

> " I gotta go wax my car!!! "

> I get cynical really fast about myself...something along the

lines of:

> " You fool, you smoked for all those years...this is your lot in

life, so

> get used to it. "

>

> I guess what I'm trying to say is that you people help keep me

sane.

> For that I'm grateful.

>

> With that I'll pass.

>

> jon

> 50 ILD 10/08

> --

> Two wrongs don't make a right,

> but two 's make an airplane.

>

Hi Jon, First things first-- The airplane thingie.. My grandmother Ella D was a first cousin of the boys. SoI have been told all my life. Their names are familiar. My dad was Norval O. LOL Does look like I should be able to cash in on a bit of all that huh.. LOLWelcome and I am truly sorry you have need of our support. You will be so glad your have found this wonderfulbunch. Our thing is support. So ask away and you will always get a reply--- maybe to many.God Bless and Take care of you first. Love & Prayers, PeggyFlorida,  IPF/UIP 2004"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet, when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly." 

Jon

Sorry you need us, but glad you are here.Pink Joyce IPF 3/06 Pennsylvania

Subject: a brief introTo: "breathe-support" <breathe-support >Date: Saturday, November 15, 2008, 4:56 PM

Hi folks, Thanks to those who contribute here. It's good to learn aboutcoping with this affliction. Brief intro. 50. Married. Blended family; four adult children (two hers, two mine...together *ours*). Three cats and two Shetland sheepdogs.Work as an ICU RN. Nonstipendary (unpaid) Episcopal deacon; notdoing ministry now because of health issues. Recovering alcoholic. Presently in the world of differential diagnosis. Tons of labs beingdone. More CTs and PFTs. I also have a COPD component. May needa VATS, which sucks. Finishing off a month-long pred taper. Feel wonderful on it, but hatedthe beginning. Nothing worse than laying in bed at 0200 thinking, "I gotta go wax my car!!!" I get cynical really fast about myself...something along the lines of:"You fool, you smoked for all those

years...this is your lot in life, so get used to it." I guess what I'm trying to say is that you people help keep me sane.For that I'm grateful.With that I'll pass. jon50 ILD 10/08-- Two wrongs don't make a right,but two 's make an airplane.