RemedySpot.com

Re: Another lurker coming out **

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi ,Thanks for the welcome. My pulmo just mentioned getting a pulse oximeter the last time I was in, so I'm googling them to try to get a good deal and figure out which one I should get.I dropped to 85 during my 6 minute walk, so I'll be interested in seeing what my sats do while I'm trying to do stuff around the house. I've always been really active, but I've lost a lot of ground the last year >.< Since I'm new to O2 I've been a bit concerned about overuse, but reading the last few days, you guys don't seem to think it's much of an issue for Fibrotic disease.Citrus Heights is in the Sacramento Area. Too bad, I'd love to find a group.

Hi ,

Glad you joined us! I noticed you only use 2L with exercise and wonder if that is part of your breathlessness. Have you checked your sats when you are exercising? I only use 2 or 3 L when walking but when exercising I need a lot more to keep my heat rate down and my O2 level above 92. Also, where is Citrus Heights? I am trying to get a Southern California Support group going. Are you close to Orange County or San Diego? God's blessings to you too- R. (52) Sarcoid/PF 3/2006 Carlsbad, California

From: <kkbjme (AT) yahoo (DOT) com>Subject: Another lurker "coming out"To: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. comDate: Tuesday, November 18, 2008, 5:03 PM

Hi All,I too have been monitoring the group for oh, 2 months I guess. I've been reading and saving messages for future reference. I've gleaned loads of good information and encouragement just "listening in". You guys are a great group. I have questions, so I plan on being a bit of a pest here and there ^.^My main issues right now are the breathlessness on trying to exercise and I need to gain weight and am finding it really, really tough to just maintain my weight as it is.Thanks for being here guys. God Bestest Blessings to you <>< HallCitrus Heights, Calif.A short medical introduction:

Sjogren's syndrome since 1991

RA since 1991

dx NHL in 1999, nodes noticed on lungs. (they called them COPD)

dx with IPF in 2006 then changed it to LAM, now it seems what I have most nearly resembles LIP (Lymphocytic Interstitial Pneumonia)Treatments are:prednisone ,10 mgs , Imuran 100 mgs, Plaquenil 20 mgs, 02/ 2 Lpm with exercise, Advair 2x daily, and Albuteral as needed.

http://portablenebs.com/tripleoximeter.htm

The $65 is good and FDA approved. Do not get the $48.95 one. It is not FDA approved. The also have the Nonin 9500 around $240 or BCI for $188 but lots have gotten the $65 one and been very pleased.

> > From: kkbjme (AT) yahoo (DOT) com>> Subject: Another lurker "coming out"> To: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. com> Date: Tuesday, November 18, 2008, 5:03 PM> > > > > > > > > Hi All,> I too have been monitoring the group for oh, 2 months I guess. I've been reading and saving messages for future reference. I've gleaned loads of good information and encouragement just "listening in". You guys are a great group. > I have questions, so I plan on being a bit of a pest here and there ^.^> My main issues right now are the breathlessness on trying to exercise and I need to gain weight and am finding it really, really tough to just maintain my weight as it is.> Thanks for being here guys. God Bestest Blessings to you <><> > Hall> Citrus Heights, Calif.> > A short medical introduction:> > > Sjogren's syndrome since 1991> RA since 1991> dx NHL in 1999, nodes noticed on lungs. (they called them COPD) > dx with IPF in 2006 then changed it to LAM, now it seems what I have most nearly resembles LIP (Lymphocytic Interstitial Pneumonia)Treatments are:> prednisone ,10 mgs , Imuran 100 mgs, Plaquenil 20 mgs, 02/ 2 Lpm with exercise, Advair 2x daily, and Albuteral as needed.>

... try www.portablenebs.com

Many of us here have the oximeter we bought there...$65, FDA approved and works just fine. It's the yellow one.

Welcome to our group.

MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Another lurker "coming out"To: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. comDate: Tuesday, November 18, 2008, 5:03 PM

Hi All,I too have been monitoring the group for oh, 2 months I guess. I've been reading and saving messages for future reference. I've gleaned loads of good information and encouragement just "listening in". You guys are a great group. I have questions, so I plan on being a bit of a pest here and there ^.^My main issues right now are the breathlessness on trying to exercise and I need to gain weight and am finding it really, really tough to just maintain my weight as it is.Thanks for being here guys. God Bestest Blessings to you <>< HallCitrus Heights, Calif.A short medical introduction:

Sjogren's syndrome since 1991 RA since 1991 dx NHL in 1999, nodes noticed on lungs. (they called them COPD) dx with IPF in 2006 then changed it to LAM, now it seems what I have most nearly resembles LIP (Lymphocytic Interstitial Pneumonia)Treatments are:prednisone ,10 mgs , Imuran 100 mgs, Plaquenil 20 mgs, 02/ 2 Lpm with exercise, Advair 2x daily, and Albuteral as needed.