RemedySpot.com

Brett's News

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Brett,

All I could think of when I read your post was now that plan A failed what is your doctor going to do for plan B? And if he doesn't have a plan B I think you need another doctor. I truly think the reason Joyce made it as long as she did with all the various things that plagued her was that her doctor never ever gave up on her but continued to explore treatments. With the diseases in my family I have learned that the hospital and doctor make all the difference in the world for fighting cancer or any other condition. Here in So Cal, Loma is the best for heart diseases, while City of Hope is the absolute best for cancer. Are you at the absolute best hospital for lung cancer? How is your doctor rated?

I know you must be disappointed, overwhelmed and just plain depressed right now, but they don't call it "fighting cancer" for nothing. Round One down, round two beginning. We have some pretty good researchers on board, do you need us to research treatments and doctors for you? If you and Mistie need to fly somewhere or get second opinions I volunteer to be the fundraiser, ( how does Bowling for Brett sound?) and of course you have an entire army of us praying that you win this fight.

My exhusband, had four major heart attacks and 3 bypass surgeries between the ages of 36 and 40. He was at a major hospital but at the last bypass surgery he was told that this was the end they had done all they could do and he didn't qualify for a heart transplant. I started looking for work, was scared to death I would be alone with 6 kids to raise and then someone told us to get a second opinion at Loma . The did a 4th bypass surgery, used pig valves to repair his heart and although our marriage didn't last, he is still very alive at age 55 and running a wedding chapel in northern California. Sorry this is so long and I know there are sometimes when nothing further can be done-BUT!!!! I just so strongly feel this isn't the case for you. I just know there is a doctor , hospital, treatment, that wil buy you many more years to come to

spend with your precious family. .

Love you Brett, praying for you daily, here to help in any way I can and I truly mean that- One of your many "air" mothers-

R. (52) Sarcoid/PF 3/2006 Carlsbad, California

Subject: good news & bad newsTo: Breathe-Support Date: Wednesday, November 19, 2008, 12:49 PM

well everyone , what do you want first the good news or the bad news?

first the good news is , that Im all done with my chemo , no more feeling like crap

no more flu like symptoms, dizzy spells and also no more hair falling out

I still have to get one drug called avastin which I will continue to get until it shows no

benefit so I still need to have that stupid Iv every three weeks but that only takes

about three or so hours when I had the two chemo drugs along with the avastin

I was hooked up for 8 1/2 - 9 hrs, shoots the whole day

the bad news is that the reason I don't have the chemo is because it didn't have any

effect on the tumor's, actually had three more small nodules show up in the right lung

now but they are not cancerous at this point, they are very small .

so there you have it , things could be worse , we new going in to this that the chance

the chemo was going to shrink it or have an effect was slim

I still feel pretty good , still working full time and chasing elizabeth around the house

she can count to ten now and try's to sing her ABC's

Mistie is still looking for a job, not much luck lately

well have to get back to work

take care of yourselves now

still lurking

Brett Bowser 40 MI.

familial UIP/IPF 11/07

stage 4 lung cancer 7/08

Hi ,Im glad to hear from youIm not ready to through in the towel just yetand my doctor's aren't either I will continue with the avastin treatment through the holidays and get another ct. scan in the beginning of next year and see what has occurredthere is another drug called tarceva that I can try if the avastin doesn't hold it at baybut that comes with some pretty bad side affects , & then there is always clinical trialsso I still have plenty of fight in me don't you worry your pretty little head offI need to stick around here and pick on Bruce BRETTBrett, All I could think of when I read your post was now that plan A failed what is your doctor going to do for plan B? And if he doesn't have a plan B I think you need another doctor. I truly think the reason Joyce made it as long as she did with all the various things that plagued her was that her doctor never ever gave up on her but continued to explore treatments. With the diseases in my family I have learned that the hospital and doctor make all the difference in the world for fighting cancer or any other condition. Here in So Cal, Loma is the best for heart diseases, while City of Hope is the absolute best for cancer. Are you at the absolute best hospital for lung cancer? How is your doctor rated? I know you must be disappointed, overwhelmed and just plain depressed right now, but they don't call it "fighting cancer" for nothing. Round One down, round two beginning. We have some pretty good researchers on board, do you need us to research treatments and doctors for you? If you and Mistie need to fly somewhere or get second opinions I volunteer to be the fundraiser, ( how does Bowling for Brett sound?) and of course you have an entire army of us praying that you win this fight. My exhusband, had four major heart attacks and 3 bypass surgeries between the ages of 36 and 40. He was at a major hospital but at the last bypass surgery he was told that this was the end they had done all they could do and he didn't qualify for a heart transplant. I started looking for work, was scared to death I would be alone with 6 kids to raise and then someone told us to get a second opinion at Loma . The did a 4th bypass surgery, used pig valves to repair his heart and although our marriage didn't last, he is still very alive at age 55 and running a wedding chapel in northern California. Sorry this is so long and I know there are sometimes when nothing further can be done-BUT!!!! I just so strongly feel this isn't the case for you. I just know there is a doctor , hospital, treatment, that wil buy you many more years to come to spend with your precious family. .Love you Brett, praying for you daily, here to help in any way I can and I truly mean that- One of your many "air" mothers- R. (52) Sarcoid/PF 3/2006 Carlsbad, CaliforniaFrom: brett bowser <brett (AT) vectordist (DOT) com>Subject: good news & bad newsTo: Breathe-Support Date: Wednesday, November 19, 2008, 12:49 PMwell everyone , what do you want first the good news or the bad news?first the good news is , that Im all done with my chemo , no more feeling like crapno more flu like symptoms, dizzy spells and also no more hair falling out I still have to get one drug called avastin which I will continue to get until it shows no benefit so I still need to have that stupid Iv every three weeks but that only takes about three or so hours when I had the two chemo drugs along with the avastin I was hooked up for 8 1/2 - 9 hrs, shoots the whole day the bad news is that the reason I don't have the chemo is because it didn't have anyeffect on the tumor's, actually had three more small nodules show up in the right lungnow but they are not cancerous at this point, they are very small . so there you have it , things could be worse , we new going in to this that the chance the chemo was going to shrink it or have an effect was slim I still feel pretty good , still working full time and chasing elizabeth around the house she can count to ten now and try's to sing her ABC's Mistie is still looking for a job, not much luck lately well have to get back to work take care of yourselves now still lurking Brett Bowser 40 MI.familial UIP/IPF 11/07 stage 4 lung cancer 7/08 Brett Bowserbrett@...

Brett

I read that...lol. Yes, you do.

> > From: brett bowser brett@...

> > Subject: good news & bad news

> > To: Breathe-Support

> > Date: Wednesday, November 19, 2008, 12:49 PM

> >

> > well everyone , what do you want first the good news or the bad

news?

> >

> > first the good news is , that Im all done with my chemo , no more

> > feeling like crap

> > no more flu like symptoms, dizzy spells and also no more hair

> > falling out

> > I still have to get one drug called avastin which I will continue to

> > get until it shows no

> > benefit so I still need to have that stupid Iv every three weeks but

> > that only takes

> > about three or so hours when I had the two chemo drugs along with

> > the avastin

> > I was hooked up for 8 1/2 - 9 hrs, shoots the whole day

> >

> > the bad news is that the reason I don't have the chemo is because it

> > didn't have any

> > effect on the tumor's, actually had three more small nodules show up

> > in the right lung

> > now but they are not cancerous at this point, they are very small .

> > so there you have it , things could be worse , we new going in to

> > this that the chance

> > the chemo was going to shrink it or have an effect was slim

> > I still feel pretty good , still working full time and chasing

> > elizabeth around the house

> > she can count to ten now and try's to sing her ABC's

> > Mistie is still looking for a job, not much luck lately

> > well have to get back to work

> > take care of yourselves now

> >

> > still lurking

> > Brett Bowser 40 MI.

> > familial UIP/IPF 11/07

> > stage 4 lung cancer 7/08

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

> Brett Bowser

> brett@...

>

Okay, since you still have your boxing gloves on ( and have enough energy to keep Bruce on his toes!) I'll quit preaching. . . but only if you'll promise to let us know if you need anything. God bless you Brett- R. (52) Sarcoid/PF 3/2006 Carlsbad, California

From: brett bowser <brett (AT) vectordist (DOT) com>Subject: good news & bad newsTo: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. comDate: Wednesday, November 19, 2008, 12:49 PM

first the good news is , that Im all done with my chemo , no more feeling like crap

I still have to get one drug called avastin which I will continue to get until it shows no

benefit so I still need to have that stupid Iv every three weeks but that only takes

the bad news is that the reason I don't have the chemo is because it didn't have any

effect on the tumor's, actually had three more small nodules show up in the right lung

so there you have it , things could be worse , we new going in to this that the chance

I still feel pretty good , still working full time and chasing elizabeth around the house

still lurking

Brett Bowser 40 MI.

familial UIP/IPF 11/07

stage 4 lung cancer 7/08

Brett Bowser

brett (AT) vectordist (DOT) com

You know Im much to bull headed to do thatI know everyone here would do whatever they could and that by itself makes all the difference in the worldtalk to you all fridaylove you allBRETTOkay, since you still have your boxing gloves on ( and have enough energy to keep Bruce on his toes!) I'll quit preaching. . . but only if you'll promise to let us know if you need anything. God bless you Brett- R. (52) Sarcoid/PF 3/2006 Carlsbad, CaliforniaFrom: brett bowser <brett (AT) vectordist (DOT) com>Subject: good news & bad newsTo: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. comDate: Wednesday, November 19, 2008, 12:49 PMwell everyone , what do you want first the good news or the bad news?first the good news is , that Im all done with my chemo , no more feeling like crapno more flu like symptoms, dizzy spells and also no more hair falling out I still have to get one drug called avastin which I will continue to get until it shows no benefit so I still need to have that stupid Iv every three weeks but that only takes about three or so hours when I had the two chemo drugs along with the avastin I was hooked up for 8 1/2 - 9 hrs, shoots the whole day the bad news is that the reason I don't have the chemo is because it didn't have anyeffect on the tumor's, actually had three more small nodules show up in the right lungnow but they are not cancerous at this point, they are very small . so there you have it , things could be worse , we new going in to this that the chance the chemo was going to shrink it or have an effect was slim I still feel pretty good , still working full time and chasing elizabeth around the house she can count to ten now and try's to sing her ABC's Mistie is still looking for a job, not much luck lately well have to get back to work take care of yourselves now still lurking Brett Bowser 40 MI.familial UIP/IPF 11/07 stage 4 lung cancer 7/08Brett Bowserbrett (AT) vectordist (DOT) com Brett Bowserbrett@...

Beautifully said Pink Joyce IPF 3/06 Pennsylvania

From: brett bowser <brett (AT) vectordist (DOT) com>Subject: good news & bad newsTo: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. comDate: Wednesday, November 19, 2008, 12:49 PM

still lurking

Brett Bowser 40 MI.

familial UIP/IPF 11/07

stage 4 lung cancer 7/08