RemedySpot.com

Re: Subject: DENISE, I HOPE I HAVE HELPED YOU SOME (MARY LOU HERE)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Lou,

You helped tons! I can't believe so many of you responded so quickly. I will share her paper with everyone as soon as she finishes it. She is a good writer and her teacher has asked permission to use her paper as a model for his writing classes. I figure it is more people learning about PF as well as learning about writing. And who knows, maybe one of those college students will find a cure. Thanks again- R. (52) Sarcoid/PF 3/2006 Carlsbad, California

Subject: Subject: DENISE, I HOPE I HAVE HELPED YOU SOME (MARY LOU HERE)To: Breathe-Support Date: Friday, November 21, 2008, 3:57 PM

Subject: DENISE, I HOPE I HAVE HELPED YOU SOME (MARY LOU HERE)Hi Everyone,My daughter is doing a sociology paper on PF for one of her college classes and needs to interview at least 3 people. If any of you have a few minutes and don't mind being part of a college paper, could you answer the following questions and get them back to me? The longer the answers the better, but anything would be great. Thanks-Interview Questions 1. How did you first hear that you were terminal? SAME DAY I TOOK PFT TEST AND CT SCAN 2. What was your first reaction? SCARED- COULDN'T BELIEVE IT 3. Who was the first person you told? HUSBAND, HE WAS THERE WITH ME IN THE ROOM 4. What was their response? SAME AS MINE, NOT HAPPY ABOUT IT AT ALL 5. How did you inform the rest of your friends and family? SAME WAY DR. TOLD US. (SAME) 6. What were their reactions and did they surprise you? THEY WERE

SCARED AND FRIGHTENED TOO LIKE US. 7. Has knowledge of your diagnosis changed the way others treat you? YES, KINDER, AND MUCH MORE THOUGHTFUL AND CARING 8. What treatments, if any, did you try? JUST PREDNISONE AND 24/7 OXYGEN RIGHT AWAY 9. Did you try any unconventional treatments? NO 10. What changes ( mentally, physically, emotionally) did you make in your life because of your diagnosis? SOMETIMES I FEEL SO HELPLESS AND LOST. I HAVE COME TO GRIPES WITH IT NOW AND JUST DO THE BEST I CAN EVERY DAY TO SURVIVE AND TRY TO BE HAPPY. 11. Has your terminal diagnosis made you look at life differently? NO, NOT REALLY, BECAUSE THE CANCER I HAD IN 1981 SCARED THE CRAP OUT OF ME AND I DEALT WITH THAT FOR YEARS AND STILL AM CONSCIOUS OF IT ALL THE TIME. 12. What advice would you give to others? SEE THE BEST PULMONOLOGIST YOU CAN FIND AND STICK WITH HIM.