RemedySpot.com

Re: Hi Reminder to all

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I'm not sure what exactly MB is apologizing for but whatever it is I would accept it without question. We're all friends here. I've said things I've regretted and I've apologized. I know MB is the type person to do that. It's important that we always apologize when appropriate and accept those apologies and never let anything we type here interfere with the friendships formed.

Typing is much harder sometimes than conversation because we don't see faces, we don't have a quick opportunity to clarify or to be corrected. Thats the one short-coming of a web forum. Words can be harsher than intended and sense of humor fall through. But, I know I need you all. I know I'll say things that you might not like or agree with. I don't get into politics or religion because the world has more than enough wars without starting more here. But, we discuss very serious important things. So, I set forth three simple suggestions:

Say what is on your mind, even if its venting or a day you don't want to go on. Scream if you want. Offer opinions different from others. Disagree without making it a personal attack but don't be scared to tactfully disagree. This has to be a place of very free speech.

Apologize if something you said has offended another, whether its misinterpreted or exactly as you intended it. Apologize even if you weren't wrong. Apologies never hurt. Mostly you feel better after.

Accept the Apology whether anyone actually makes one or not. We're friends. Maybe you feel you deserved an apology but didn't get it. Doesn't matter. Hug. Friends make mistakes sometimes but they remain friends.

I should add Peggy's favorite activity.....HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG!

>> I want to apologize to everyone and especially Bruce for this post. I intended to email Peggy alone, not the entire board. Even emailing this to Peggy was a mistake. I had already expressed my concern about his post to Bruce and that should have ended it. > I'm sorry everyone. Please chalk it up to poor judgement and lack of oxygen to the brain.> > > Beth in North Carolina> Moderator> Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 UCTD 06/08 > > "Take chances, make mistakes and get messy!"> Miss Frizzle> > > > > ________________________________>

You are one of the good guys, Bruce.Bruce Moreland wrote: I'm not sure what exactly MB is apologizing for but whatever it is I would accept it without question. We're all friends here. I've said things I've regretted and I've apologized. I know MB is the type person to do that. It's important that we always apologize when appropriate and accept those apologies and never let anything we type here interfere with the friendships formed. Typing is much harder sometimes than conversation because we

don't see faces, we don't have a quick opportunity to clarify or to be corrected. Thats the one short-coming of a web forum. Words can be harsher than intended and sense of humor fall through. But, I know I need you all. I know I'll say things that you might not like or agree with. I don't get into politics or religion because the world has more than enough wars without starting more here. But, we discuss very serious important things. So, I set forth three simple suggestions: Say what is on your mind, even if its venting or a day you don't want to go on. Scream if you want. Offer opinions different from others. Disagree without making it a personal attack but don't be scared to tactfully disagree. This has to be a place of very free speech. Apologize if something you said has offended another, whether its misinterpreted or exactly as you intended it. Apologize even if you weren't wrong. Apologies never hurt.

Mostly you feel better after. Accept the Apology whether anyone actually makes one or not. We're friends. Maybe you feel you deserved an apology but didn't get it. Doesn't matter. Hug. Friends make mistakes sometimes but they remain friends. I should add Peggy's favorite activity.....HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG! >> I want to apologize to everyone and especially Bruce for this post. I intended to email Peggy alone, not the entire board. Even emailing this to Peggy was a mistake. I had already expressed my concern about his post to Bruce and that should have ended it. > I'm sorry everyone. Please chalk it up to poor judgement and lack of oxygen to the brain.> > > Beth in North Carolina> Moderator> Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 UCTD

06/08 > > "Take chances, make mistakes and get messy!"> Miss Frizzle> > > > > ________________________________> Barbara McDIPF, Sept 08Beautiful Western NC Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Galatians 6:9

Thanks but not....It's just I've seen the weakness of the internet lead to so many unfortunate conflicts.

In person if you said something to me, I could joking turn and smile and say "are you crazy?" but you'd see the smile and say back "half as crazy as you, Bruce." Here the only way to do any of that is with or or but outside of emoticons we don't have that ability. Also, here, we can't see if what we're saying is hurting someone's feelings because we don't see their expression changing or .

Another benefit to me of having this disease. I've learned life is too short to be angry. I've written this before but in San I heard , Peggy's husband with some wisdom one remembers. I imagine he used it after the cable people got her so upset last week. But, he said something of the nature as "we've got limited energy and he wouldn't use any of it being angry." Think of that. We've all got a certain number of decades, years, months, days, hours, minutes left. I am more selective now. I don't spend time with those who are unhealthy for me. I do spend it with friends. I spend much of it here. But I also try to spend it calm. I know stress and anger and other such emotions drain me.

>> You are one of the good guys, Bruce.>

As I said - you are one of the good guys. Bruce Moreland wrote: Thanks but not....It's just I've seen the weakness of the internet lead to so many unfortunate conflicts. In person if you said something to me, I could joking turn and smile and say "are you crazy?" but you'd see the smile and say back "half as crazy as you, Bruce." Here the only way to do any of that is with or or but outside of emoticons we don't have that ability. Also, here, we can't see if what we're saying is hurting someone's feelings because we don't see their expression changing or . Another benefit to me of having this disease. I've learned life is too short to be angry. I've written this before but in San I heard , Peggy's husband with some wisdom one remembers. I imagine he used it after the cable people got her so upset last week. But, he said something of the nature as "we've got limited energy and he wouldn't use any of it being angry." Think of that. We've all got a certain number of decades, years, months, days, hours, minutes left. I am more selective

now. I don't spend time with those who are unhealthy for me. I do spend it with friends. I spend much of it here. But I also try to spend it calm. I know stress and anger and other such emotions drain me. >> You are one of the good guys, Bruce.> Barbara McDIPF, Sept 08Beautiful Western NC Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Galatians 6:9

Bruce, You know I love ya, so with that you also know me well enough to know I if it pops in my headit just comes on out my mouth.. As much talking and hugging we do I think you know nothing is a personalattack. I have tooooo much time on my hands and my mind just had to many ways to go.. So I am what I am.. SO You know I would not intentionally hurt anyones feelings. Especially a hugger..  ;)   ^*^   '.'  <o.o> Love & Prayers, PeggyFlorida,  IPF/UIP 2004"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet, when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly." 

Peggy

You're one of the best examples....if everyone could just imagine seeing

you, hugging you, how sweet and loving and gentle you are. I know that

so nothing else you do or say really matters. At worst I'd just say " oh,

thats Peggy " and smile or laugh. Some of my best friends here include

those who may be most direct or blunt sometimes. And, in private we all

talk and even comment sometimes. I might talk to MB and say " I'm so

jealous, I know you'll have the greatest time possible at Peggy's with

lots of hugs " or I might say " why did she say that " but either is done

with love for you. We're like friends who observe each other. In person

we would probably be whispering something like " did you see that

beautiful broach she had on " or " where in the world did she get that

ugly purse. " It's all good.

For those I've known as long and as well as you, you're stuck with me. I

am not going to take anything in a bad way so not easy to run off. I

always look forward to the next hug even if almost a year apart.

>

> Bruce, You know I love ya, so with that you also know me well enough

> to know I if it pops in my head

> it just comes on out my mouth.. As much talking and hugging we do I

> think you know nothing is a personal

> attack. I have tooooo much time on my hands and my mind just had to

> many ways to go.. So I am what I am.. SO You know I would not

> intentionally hurt anyones feelings. Especially a hugger.. ;)

> ^*^ '.' <o.o>

>

>

>

> Love & Prayers, Peggy

> Florida, IPF/UIP 2004

>

> " I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet,

> when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly. "

>

>

> 

>

Bruce you are right up at the front of the line.  I hope you are coming to Fl in March. We will probablydrive down for a dinner or spend the day. BUT I am about 20 miles off the interstate.. Now you know what that means. PORCH TIME..  ;) Love & Prayers, PeggyFlorida,  IPF/UIP 2004"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet, when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly." 

Peggy

I hope to be there....haven't finalized plans yet.

>

> Bruce you are right up at the front of the line. I hope you are

> coming to Fl in March. We will probably

> drive down for a dinner or spend the day. BUT I am about 20 miles off

> the interstate.. Now you know what that means. PORCH TIME.. ;)

>

>

> Love & Prayers, Peggy

> Florida, IPF/UIP 2004

>

> " I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet,

> when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly. "

>

>

> 

>

After reading all these posts, I think we should just have one giant group hug. We are all in the same boat......we have PF to some degree or another. We are all people needing other people. That's why we're here. I am very thankful to have found such a caring group of people, who also happen to be mature adults that can admit they were wrong and move on.

LOVE to ALL!

Elisa

I'm not sure what exactly MB is apologizing for but whatever it is I would accept it without question. We're all friends here. I've said things I've regretted and I've apologized. I know MB is the type person to do that. It's important that we always apologize when appropriate and accept those apologies and never let anything we type here interfere with the friendships formed.

Typing is much harder sometimes than conversation because we don't see faces, we don't have a quick opportunity to clarify or to be corrected. Thats the one short-coming of a web forum. Words can be harsher than intended and sense of humor fall through. But, I know I need you all. I know I'll say things that you might not like or agree with. I don't get into politics or religion because the world has more than enough wars without starting more here. But, we discuss very serious important things. So, I set forth three simple suggestions:

Say what is on your mind, even if its venting or a day you don't want to go on. Scream if you want. Offer opinions different from others. Disagree without making it a personal attack but don't be scared to tactfully disagree. This has to be a place of very free speech.

Apologize if something you said has offended another, whether its misinterpreted or exactly as you intended it. Apologize even if you weren't wrong. Apologies never hurt. Mostly you feel better after.

Accept the Apology whether anyone actually makes one or not. We're friends. Maybe you feel you deserved an apology but didn't get it. Doesn't matter. Hug. Friends make mistakes sometimes but they remain friends.

I should add Peggy's favorite activity.... .HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG!

>> I want to apologize to everyone and especially Bruce for this post. I intended to email Peggy alone, not the entire board. Even emailing this to Peggy was a mistake. I had already expressed my concern about his post to Bruce and that should have ended it. > I'm sorry everyone. Please chalk it up to poor judgement and lack of oxygen to the brain.> > > Beth in North Carolina> Moderator> Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 UCTD 06/08 > > "Take chances, make mistakes and get messy!"> Miss Frizzle> > > > > ____________ _________ _________ __>

Barbara McD

IPF, Sept 08

Beautiful Western NC

Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Galatians 6:9

Bruce

appreciate your comments. Me being new. found you guys at the right

time but at a time my frustration has been showing. Maybe a reality

with what really is going on is finally hitting.. been fighting it

so long and it is getting tiring..

thanks to all of you for your laughter, and sharing.. patti

> >

> > I want to apologize to everyone and especially Bruce for this

post. I

> intended to email Peggy alone, not the entire board. Even emailing

this

> to Peggy was a mistake. I had already expressed my concern about

his

> post to Bruce and that should have ended it.

> > I'm sorry everyone. Please chalk it up to poor judgement and

lack of

> oxygen to the brain.

> >

> >

> > Beth in North Carolina

> > Moderator

> > Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 UCTD 06/08

> >

> > " Take chances, make mistakes and get messy! "

> > Miss Frizzle

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > ________________________________

> >

>

HELLO PEGGY AND BRUCE,

I WAS WONDERING ABOUT THE FLORIDA GET TOGETHER IN MARCH. IS THIS A SMALL PRIVATE GET TOGETHER OR A CHANCE FOR SOME OF US TO MEET IN PERSON? JOE AND I ARE JUST SOUTH OF ATLANTA AND I PLAN ON GOING TO TALLAHASSEE SOMETIME IN MARCH TO SEE MY SON. I REALLY AM NOT TRYING TO INTRUDE ON A RESTRICTED GATHERING, BUT IF IT IS OPEN FOR OTHERS TO JOIN IN, I WONDERED IF YOU COULD PASS ON SOME INFO..THANKS,

JOANIE

JOE/JOANIE JOE 60 IPF1/2008

GRIFFIN, GA.

-- Re: Hi Reminder to all

PeggyI hope to be there....haven't finalized plans yet.>> Bruce you are right up at the front of the line. I hope you are> coming to Fl in March. We will probably> drive down for a dinner or spend the day. BUT I am about 20 miles off> the interstate.. Now you know what that means. PORCH TIME.. ;)>>> Love & Prayers, Peggy> Florida, IPF/UIP 2004>> "I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet,> when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.">>> >

Joe/Joanie

No, you must have missed the announcement. I'll find it. This is set up

by the caregiver board just like San this year and the more the

merrier. We'd all love it if you came.

> >

> > Bruce you are right up at the front of the line. I hope you are

> > coming to Fl in March. We will probably

> > drive down for a dinner or spend the day. BUT I am about 20 miles

off

> > the interstate.. Now you know what that means. PORCH TIME.. ;)

> >

> >

> > Love & Prayers, Peggy

> > Florida, IPF/UIP 2004

> >

> > " I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet,

> > when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly. "

> >

> >

> > 

> >

>

Joe & Joanie,

There is no such thing as a "restricted" gathering! Everyone is invited to come and if you are in Florida already,(during that time) then that is even better!

I forgot that both of you had gone downstairs to sign the papers for the Hip Trial after the Support Group meeting last Thursday, so I didn't get to see you before & I left. I am always anxious to get back on the interstate and get thru Cobb County before it gets late. Luckily, I had no gridlock last Thursday, going & coming home.

My own computer is not in use now because our wireless router quit working and we haven't gotten another one yet. All of my email addresses are on my computer and not on Eddie's.

Joe, I hope your appointment and tests have good results on Dec. 19th. Stable IS good! I spoke to Tamra last Friday and I told her that I was going to mention the Step Trial to you. I just finished it and they are still enrolling. You can be in the Hip Trial & the Step Trial. I was so thankful for the opportunity to visit Dr. & Tamra at Emory as lften as I did since I was participating in the Step Trial. (every six weeks and a couple of times it was back to back weeks) You may qualify for this Trial.. Tamra is the one in charge of the Step Trial.

I enjoyed seeing both of you lasst Thursday. Hope your family has a good Thanksgiving.

Toodles!

Jane UIP/IPF 12/1998 Dalton, Georgia aka pianolady_musicgirl > > > > Bruce you are right up at the front of the line. I hope you are > > coming to Fl in March. We will probably > > drive down for a dinner or spend the day. BUT I am about 20 miles off > > the interstate.. Now you know what that means. PORCH TIME.. ;) > > > > > > Love & Prayers, Peggy > > Florida, IPF/UIP 2004 > > > > "I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet, > > when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly." > > > > > >  > >>