RemedySpot.com

Interesting...

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hello,

This message came into the Foundation's mail box and I thought it was interesting. This is for information purposes only:

Dear Foundation: I am writing to you because my father has pulmonary fibrosis. He has suffered now for about 4 1/2 years. He was 75 years old when diagnosed with lung cancer. He had the left lobe removed and went through chemo therapy, which the chemo the doctor said did not help. He also has pulmonary fibrosis. The doctors said he probably would not last for a year. In March of this year I was reading an article in Women's Day magazine and the article was on scleroderma. The woman in the article had scleroderma and was continuing to worsen and they thought she would not last long either. Her lung tissue was hardening. A doctor from Boston put her on minocycline 200mg twice a day and now the woman is running marathons. Well I know my dad will never be able to ride a bike (which he loved to do) again, but I suggested he talk to his doctor about this article. The doctor said he didn't think that it would help, but my dad insisted. That was in May-June. His oxygen levels were in the 60's and the doctor said he thought the end was near. Well my dad has remained on the minocycline and prednisone since and he is remarkably better. His oxygen levels have been in the 90's and his doctor is totally amazed. I thought I would write to you and maybe if a further study has been done it may help someone else. Truly God bless all the people that suffer with this disease as it is wicked.

Found this clinical trial:

http://www.clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT00203697?term=pulmonary+fibrosis+and+minocycline & rank=1

Leanne StorchExecutive DirectorPulmonary Fibrosis Foundation1332 N. Halsted, Suite 201Chicago, IL 60642-2642 P F