RemedySpot.com

Texas Driver's License

Rate this topic

Guest guest

There have been some interesting changes made. First, the Department of Public Safety does not any longer track organ donors but that responsibility is totally in the hands of a separate government entity.

However, the back of the license now has three very interesting areas. They read:

Directive to physician has been filed at tel #

Emergency contact number

Allergic reaction to drugs

What an excellent idea to have the emergency contact on the back of your license. Driver's license is the first thing looked at in the event of an emergency.

I don't know the legality of putting small strips on the back of your driver's license elsewhere that would provide some information. (It could always be quickly peeled off for an officer). For instance, in Beth's case it might be all records and legal documents in glove box. But just a number of anything. I'd put numbers on my cell phone but never thought about my license. Now a medic alert bracelet is still superior. Texas also has the number for Texas Roadside Assistance on the back of the license.

I can't believe the state of texas still let's you drive Bruce is that a fake ID?There have been some interesting changes made. First, the Department of Public Safety does not any longer track organ donors but that responsibility is totally in the hands of a separate government entity.However, the back of the license now has three very interesting areas. They read:Directive to physician has been filed at tel #Emergency contact numberAllergic reaction to drugsWhat an excellent idea to have the emergency contact on the back of your license. Driver's license is the first thing looked at in the event of an emergency.I don't know the legality of putting small strips on the back of your driver's license elsewhere that would provide some information. (It could always be quickly peeled off for an officer). For instance, in Beth's case it might be all records and legal documents in glove box. But just a number of anything. I'd put numbers on my cell phone but never thought about my license. Now a medic alert bracelet is still superior. Texas also has the number for Texas Roadside Assistance on the back of the license. Brett Bowserbrett@...

Hey Brett ... I'm still waiting for the size of your head...no jokes now. I'm glad to do another cap that will fit!

MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Re: Texas Driver's License

I can't believe the state of texas still let's you drive Bruce

is that a fake ID?

There have been some interesting changes made. First, the Department of Public Safety does not any longer track organ donors but that responsibility is totally in the hands of a separate government entity.

However, the back of the license now has three very interesting areas. They read:

Emergency contact number

What an excellent idea to have the emergency contact on the back of your license. Driver's license is the first thing looked at in the event of an emergency.

I don't know the legality of putting small strips on the back of your driver's license elsewhere that would provide some information. (It could always be quickly peeled off for an officer). For instance, in Beth's case it might be all records and legal documents in glove box. But just a number of anything. I'd put numbers on my cell phone but never thought about my license. Now a medic alert bracelet is still superior. Texas also has the number for Texas Roadside Assistance on the back of the license.

Brett Bowser

brett (AT) vectordist (DOT) com

Brett

They never test you so once you're in, you're in.

Seriously, its good for six years. Then you can renew it online. So you

only have to even go to an office to show you're alive once every 12

years. My picture is from 1998. I haven't been back in and this carries

me to October 2010. Then I'll have to prove I'm breathing but nothing

more.

>

> >

> > There have been some interesting changes made. First, the Department

> > of Public Safety does not any longer track organ donors but that

> > responsibility is totally in the hands of a separate government

> > entity.

> >

> > However, the back of the license now has three very interesting

> > areas. They read:

> >

> > Directive to physician has been filed at tel #

> > Emergency contact number

> > Allergic reaction to drugs

> > What an excellent idea to have the emergency contact on the back of

> > your license. Driver's license is the first thing looked at in the

> > event of an emergency.

> >

> > I don't know the legality of putting small strips on the back of

> > your driver's license elsewhere that would provide some information.

> > (It could always be quickly peeled off for an officer). For

> > instance, in Beth's case it might be all records and legal

> > documents in glove box. But just a number of anything. I'd put

> > numbers on my cell phone but never thought about my license. Now a

> > medic alert bracelet is still superior. Texas also has the number

> > for Texas Roadside Assistance on the back of the license.

> >

> >

> >

>

> Brett Bowser

> brett@...

>

Sher

Aha....on opening to get back on Brett.....just imagine big and then

imagine it swelled.....lol

>

>

>

>

> There have been some interesting changes made. First, the Department

of Public Safety does not any longer track organ donors but that

responsibility is totally in the hands of a separate government entity.

>

> However, the back of the license now has three very interesting areas.

They read:

>

> a.. Directive to physician has been filed at tel #

> b.. Emergency contact number

> c.. Allergic reaction to drugs

> What an excellent idea to have the emergency contact on the back of

your license. Driver's license is the first thing looked at in the event

of an emergency.

>

> I don't know the legality of putting small strips on the back of your

driver's license elsewhere that would provide some information. (It

could always be quickly peeled off for an officer). For instance, in

Beth's case it might be all records and legal documents in glove

box. But just a number of anything. I'd put numbers on my cell phone but

never thought about my license. Now a medic alert bracelet is still

superior. Texas also has the number for Texas Roadside Assistance on the

back of the license.

>

>

>

>

>

> Brett Bowser

> brett@...

>

Sher my suggestion would be make it fit a soccer ball snugly. that should do it.. LOL Love & Prayers, PeggyFlorida,  IPF/UIP 2004"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet, when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly." 

That's a pretty sweet dealBrettThey never test you so once you're in, you're in.Seriously, its good for six years. Then you can renew it online. So youonly have to even go to an office to show you're alive once every 12years. My picture is from 1998. I haven't been back in and this carriesme to October 2010. Then I'll have to prove I'm breathing but nothingmore.>> >> > There have been some interesting changes made. First, the Department> > of Public Safety does not any longer track organ donors but that> > responsibility is totally in the hands of a separate government> > entity.> >> > However, the back of the license now has three very interesting> > areas. They read:> >> > Directive to physician has been filed at tel #> > Emergency contact number> > Allergic reaction to drugs> > What an excellent idea to have the emergency contact on the back of> > your license. Driver's license is the first thing looked at in the> > event of an emergency.> >> > I don't know the legality of putting small strips on the back of> > your driver's license elsewhere that would provide some information.> > (It could always be quickly peeled off for an officer). For> > instance, in Beth's case it might be all records and legal> > documents in glove box. But just a number of anything. I'd put> > numbers on my cell phone but never thought about my license. Now a> > medic alert bracelet is still superior. Texas also has the number> > for Texas Roadside Assistance on the back of the license.> >> >> >>> Brett Bowser> brett@...> Brett Bowserbrett@...

That's a good one Brucethis will be fun, Game onSherAha....on opening to get back on Brett.....just imagine big and thenimagine it swelled.....lol>>>>> There have been some interesting changes made. First, the Departmentof Public Safety does not any longer track organ donors but thatresponsibility is totally in the hands of a separate government entity.>> However, the back of the license now has three very interesting areas.They read:>> a.. Directive to physician has been filed at tel #> b.. Emergency contact number> c.. Allergic reaction to drugs> What an excellent idea to have the emergency contact on the back ofyour license. Driver's license is the first thing looked at in the eventof an emergency.>> I don't know the legality of putting small strips on the back of yourdriver's license elsewhere that would provide some information. (Itcould always be quickly peeled off for an officer). For instance, in Beth's case it might be all records and legal documents in glovebox. But just a number of anything. I'd put numbers on my cell phone butnever thought about my license. Now a medic alert bracelet is stillsuperior. Texas also has the number for Texas Roadside Assistance on theback of the license.>>>>>> Brett Bowser> brett@...> Brett Bowserbrett@...

A soccer ball ???Peggy,PleaseI see how it's going to be two against one Sher my suggestion would be make it fit a soccer ball snugly. that should do it.. LOL Love & Prayers, PeggyFlorida, IPF/UIP 2004"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet, when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly." <pastedGraphic.tiff> Brett Bowserbrett@...

Peggy, Bruce... Brett said he had a "small head". Rich has a small head and I fit it to him. The cap I made FIT HIS 2 Y/O DAUGHTER! lol.

MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Re: Re: Texas Driver's License

Sher my suggestion would be make it fit a�soccer�ball�snugly. that should do it.. LOL

Love & Prayers, Peggy

Florida, �IPF/UIP 2004

"I believe that friends are quiet angels�who lift us to our feet,�

when our wings�have trouble remembering how to fly."�

with the medic alert bracelet:

do you have that goes through the computer with everything listed?

or do you have a simple one that just lists the disease?Pink Joyce IPF 3/06 Pennsylvania

Subject: Texas Driver's LicenseTo: Breathe-Support Date: Monday, November 24, 2008, 2:31 PM

Emergency contact number

Joyce,

I have a MedicAlert bracelet and have for a couple of years. Mine lists Pulmonary Fibrosis and that I'm on medication. Then it lists a toll free number and my identification number. If I'm not able to speak for myself, someone such as emergency medical personell could call that number, give them my id number and get my doctors name and phone #, my medications, my oxygen usage information etc.

It costs me about $35 a year to belong to MedciAlert, plust the cost of my bracelet.

I personally like MedicAlert because they are a non-profit organization and aren't just selling the bracelets. They provide a really excellent service and have very high service and privacy standards.

Beth in North Carolina

Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 UCTD 06/08

"Take chances, make mistakes and get messy!"

Miss Frizzle

To: Breathe-Support Sent: Tuesday, November 25, 2008 6:23:42 AMSubject: Re: Texas Driver's License

with the medic alert bracelet:

do you have that goes through the computer with everything listed?

or do you have a simple one that just lists the disease?Pink Joyce IPF 3/06 Pennsylvania

From: Bruce Moreland <brucemoreland@ gmail.com>Subject: Texas Driver's LicenseTo: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. comDate: Monday, November 24, 2008, 2:31 PM

Emergency contact number

MB

great info; have been questioning if i should have one, what to put

on it etc. I also have len implants does that go on there.. egads..

i look at the medic bracelets and how small and what is imp to go on

there.. thanks again . Trying to catch up on the posts but i think i

need to go to sleep now getting up in 4 hrs.. patti,ipf,nj

>

> From: Bruce Moreland <brucemoreland@ gmail.com>

> Subject: Texas Driver's License

> To: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. com

> Date: Monday, November 24, 2008, 2:31 PM

>

>

> There have been some interesting changes made. First, the

Department of Public Safety does not any longer track organ donors

but that responsibility is totally in the hands of a separate

government entity.

> However, the back of the license now has three very interesting

areas. They read:

> * Directive to physician has been filed at tel #

> * Emergency contact number

> * Allergic reaction to drugs

> What an excellent idea to have the emergency contact on the back

of your license. Driver's license is the first thing looked at in

the event of an emergency.

> I don't know the legality of putting small strips on the back of

your driver's license elsewhere that would provide some information.

(It could always be quickly peeled off for an officer). For

instance, in Beth's case it might be all records and legal

documents in glove box. But just a number of anything. I'd put

numbers on my cell phone but never thought about my license. Now a

medic alert bracelet is still superior. Texas also has the number

for Texas Roadside Assistance on the back of the license.

>