RemedySpot.com

Bruce question

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Actually, there may be many that could answer this question..........I should know the answer, because I know it's been discussed here..............is there such a thing as a portable concentrator that goes to 10 LPM?

thanx,

jim IPF 05

alaska

Jim ... can't help w/question but are we to interpret this as your need for o2 has increased??

Hope you're having a nice day today...

MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Bruce question

Actually, there may be many that could answer this question..........I should know the answer, because I know it's been discussed here..............is there such a thing as a portable concentrator that goes to 10 LPM?

thanx,

jim IPF 05

alaska

Not at this time although I think they may not be that far away. I see

it eventually as one you'd have to use a cart for and would need many

batteries. The highest flow on portable concentrators I'm award of is 6

lpm on pulse and 3 lpm on continuous.

Now you can make any concentrator work in your vehicle by using an

inverter. So this can help you if traveling. But outside of place with

electric or vehicle you still need some other form.

Generally, liquid has some advantages as high flow portable because of

weight. Otherwise you're probably talking multiple e-tanks. There are

carts to hold two and you can easily strap a third one on to the two.

>

> Actually, there may be many that could answer this question..........I

should know the answer, because I know it's been discussed

here..............is there such a thing as a portable concentrator that

goes to 10 LPM?

>

> thanx,

> jim IPF 05

> alaska

>

Sher,

Yeah, the need for O2 has increased............the bottom line is that if I did not live here in the Bush my life would be a lot simpler, and I'd be getting better treatment. It's a choice I think about alot.......yet I can't even consider moving to Anchorage, quality of life and all that. The first couple years after diagnosis I was on a pneumonia/lung infection merry-go-round. Me and Levi (levoquin) were on a first name basis. I actually adjusted to the cycle. Then a little over a year ago on the advice of some pulmodudes attending a PF seminar as guests of Dr Raghu in Seattle, I got rid of my dear friend of 12 years....Dillon, an African Grey parrot. Haven't had to use levoquin since, until 6 weeks ago. Real sick and in the process I lost considerable function (advancement?) I'm going to Anc on Monday for the whole nine yards, including cancer followup, so I'll find out the details. I've been using the concentrator at 3

lpm, at the same time using the portable at 6 lpm intermittent. One cannula in my mouth, one in the nose.......if I wasn't so damn sick I could laugh about it. but even the both of them couldn't keep me above 90. So my provider in Anc shipped me another concentrator, goes up to 10 lpm. Got it Tues.......what a difference, started at 6, went up to 8. Almost feels like a buzz.....to be properly oxygenated. I'm still restricted to 6 lpm when I leave the house......so I haven't left the house. Traveling to Anc next week, well, I'm not looking forward to it. Thank you for asking, Sher.

jim

Subject: Re: Bruce questionTo: Breathe-Support Date: Thursday, November 27, 2008, 11:28 AM

Jim ... can't help w/question but are we to interpret this as your need for o2 has increased??

Hope you're having a nice day today...

MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Bruce question

Actually, there may be many that could answer this question.... ......I should know the answer, because I know it's been discussed here........ ......is there such a thing as a portable concentrator that goes to 10 LPM?

thanx,

jim IPF 05

alaska

Hey AJ... I've been wondering how you were getting on lately... notioced that your Posts were AWOL.........sorry to hear you've been doing it tough.

I CARE 'bout you friend Up-OVER

in Oz> > Subject: Re: Bruce question> To: Breathe-Support > Date: Thursday, November 27, 2008, 11:28 AM> > > > > > > > Jim ... can't help w/question but are we to interpret this as your need for o2 has increased??> Hope you're having a nice day today...> > MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR. > Nasturtiums> Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!> > > Bruce question> > > > > > > > > Actually, there may be many that could answer this question.... ......I should know the answer, because I know it's been discussed here........ ......is there such a thing as a portable concentrator that goes to 10 LPM?> > thanx,> jim IPF 05> alaska>

Jim ... well I am glad to hear you have the newer concentrator and obviously it's helping...

DAMNIT! I hate we have to go through 'stuff' just to breathe! I'm sorry Jim.

Now do let us know what the "whole 9 yards" turn out to be.

Hugs and luck to you Jim.

Bruce question

Actually, there may be many that could answer this question.... ......I should know the answer, because I know it's been discussed here........ ......is there such a thing as a portable concentrator that goes to 10 LPM?

thanx,

jim IPF 05

alaska