run or something in the areas we live on the same day.I recognize this

would take a lot of time and planning,so I just ask for your honest

opinions on what you think. Over the holidays try running it past

friends and relatives and see what they say. I don't see how we could

be ignored if all over this country people are speaking out about this

on the same day. I don't want one more member of my family being dx

with this and I am ready to fight back.

KathyTX,54dx 10/04

Kathy... "a fun run" or something? Can you literally, 'run' as you typed? LOL.

The idea sounds great but as for me...there is no one in my area and I frankly would not want to put the effort into "organizing" anything. I just don't have the oomph anymore.

You must be thinking of more people in your area who could help....???

MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Just a thought

Ihope everyone had a blessed holiday,mine turned out quite well considering I really didn't have much planned. But, I got this crazy idea yesterday and I can't get it off my mind, so want to run it by you guys. I am sick of people assuming I have COPD and every thing else but P.F. So I had this dream of all of us getting together and plan a fun run or something in the areas we live on the same day.I recognize this would take a lot of time and planning,so I just ask for your honest opinions on what you think. Over the holidays try running it past friends and relatives and see what they say. I don't see how we could be ignored if all over this country people are speaking out about this on the same day. I don't want one more member of my family being dx with this and I am ready to fight back.KathyTX,54dx 10/04

Kathy,

I think it is a great idea! First we would need to decide on the type of the event and then if we could host one at the same time, same day in different locations across the US I'm sure we'd get tons of publicity. I volunteer for So Caifornia. Obviously most of us can't run, but family and friends could run "for us." If we did a short run, we could stand on the sidelines holding the "signs" Leanne made up. Maybe we could do T shirts. Lets start putting our heads together for ideas. Wouldn't it be great if we were able to host a run in all 50 states! R. (52) Sarcoid/PF 3/2006 Carlsbad, California

Subject: Just a thoughtTo: Breathe-Support Date: Friday, November 28, 2008, 8:08 AM

Ihope everyone had a blessed holiday,mine turned out quite well considering I really didn't have much planned. But, I got this crazy idea yesterday and I can't get it off my mind, so want to run it by you guys. I am sick of people assuming I have COPD and every thing else but P.F. So I had this dream of all of us getting together and plan a fun run or something in the areas we live on the same day.I recognize this would take a lot of time and planning,so I just ask for your honest opinions on what you think. Over the holidays try running it past friends and relatives and see what they say. I don't see how we could be ignored if all over this country people are speaking out about this on the same day. I don't want one more member of my family being dx with this and I am ready to fight back.KathyTX,54dx 10/04

Go girls go! Yea Team! I'll buy a tee.

MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Just a thoughtTo: Breathe-Support Date: Friday, November 28, 2008, 8:08 AM

my idea for the back of the t-shirt is a dragon without his fire

some of us can participate in a walk-a-thonPink Joyce IPF 3/06 Pennsylvania

From: annstan53 <ksouflee (AT) att (DOT) net>Subject: Just a thoughtTo: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. comDate: Friday, November 28, 2008, 8:08 AM

Ihope everyone had a blessed holiday,mine turned out quite well considering I really didn't have much planned. But, I got this crazy idea yesterday and I can't get it off my mind, so want to run it by you guys. I am sick of people assuming I have COPD and every thing else but P.F. So I had this dream of all of us getting together and plan a fun run or something in the areas we live on the same day.I recognize this would take a lot of time and planning,so I just ask for your honest opinions on what you think. Over the holidays try running it past friends and relatives and see what they say. I don't see how we could be ignored if all over this country people are speaking out about this on the same day. I don't want one more member of my family being dx with this and I am ready to fight back.KathyTX,54dx

10/04

Hi everyone!

I had the idea this past September of doing something during PF

Awareness Week, but didn[t have the energy at the time to follow thru

on it... Instead of a fun run, or " walk for a cure " like so many

other charities do, why not do something that is typically associated

with our particular disease? Why not do a 6 Minute Walk for

Everyone? It might be easier to get people to participate as it

would take only an hour or less committment - certainly less than a

fun run or marathon. It can be done by anyone - people with lung

disease, people without, young people, old people, athletic people,

unathletic people. It doesn't tie up city streets (a big complaint

in many places) for long periods of time and everyone finishes at the

same time!!! (I had even thought of doing it as a half-time activity

at a football or soccer game.) s could get people to sponsor

per minute or per yards walked.

Steve aka...Knip Dx 9/07 confirmed via VATS 12/07

56 NH

>

>

> Subject: Just a thought

> To: Breathe-Support

> Date: Friday, November 28, 2008, 8:08 AM

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Ihope everyone had a blessed holiday,mine turned out quite well

> considering I really didn't have much planned. But, I got this

crazy

> idea yesterday and I can't get it off my mind, so want to run it by

you

> guys. I am sick of people assuming I have COPD and every thing else

but

> P.F. So I had this dream of all of us getting together and plan a

fun

> run or something in the areas we live on the same day.I recognize

this

> would take a lot of time and planning,so I just ask for your honest

> opinions on what you think. Over the holidays try running it past

> friends and relatives and see what they say. I don't see how we

could

> be ignored if all over this country people are speaking out about

this

> on the same day. I don't want one more member of my family being dx

> with this and I am ready to fight back.

> KathyTX,54dx 10/04

>

Kathy

this is something i have also been thinking about. Not a run, but

that's a good start.. I have already asked if i can do an inservice

on PF this coming year with our hospice team. I then thought i'd

like to do it with the whole home care agency.. Needing more

information etc with statistics. there needs to be more awareness.

I worry about my girls later; and my poor 10 year old grand daughter

asked me last year could she get it. So, if we all can put our heads

together and you guys out there with all the statistics etc we can

get it out there.. So , count me in.. Patti, IPF,NJ

>

> From: annstan53 <ksouflee (AT) att (DOT) net>

> To: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. com

>

>

>

>

> considering I really didn't have much planned. But, I got this

crazy

> idea yesterday and I can't get it off my mind, so want to run it

by you

> guys. I am sick of people assuming I have COPD and every thing

else but

> P.F. So I had this dream of all of us getting together and plan a

fun

> run or something in the areas we live on the same day.I recognize

this

> would take a lot of time and planning,so I just ask for your

honest

> friends and relatives and see what they say. I don't see how we

could

> be ignored if all over this country people are speaking out about

this

> on the same day. I don't want one more member of my family being

dx

> KathyTX,54dx 10/04

>

Yes , a dragon with no fire and a hose in his nose lol

>

> From: annstan53 <ksouflee (AT) att (DOT) net>

> To: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. com

>

>

>

>

> considering I really didn't have much planned. But, I got this crazy

> idea yesterday and I can't get it off my mind, so want to run it by you

> guys. I am sick of people assuming I have COPD and every thing else but

> P.F. So I had this dream of all of us getting together and plan a fun

> run or something in the areas we live on the same day.I recognize this

> would take a lot of time and planning,so I just ask for your honest

> friends and relatives and see what they say. I don't see how we could

> be ignored if all over this country people are speaking out about this

> on the same day. I don't want one more member of my family being dx

> KathyTX,54dx 10/04

>

Hey Steve, now this is a good idea too! I could do this (with o2).

I'll walk here and you walk "there" and we'll pledge whatever and send it to PFF.

Just a thought> To: Breathe-Support > Date: Friday, November 28, 2008, 8:08 AM> > > > > > > Ihope everyone had a blessed holiday,mine turned out quite well > considering I really didn't have much planned. But, I got this crazy > idea yesterday and I can't get it off my mind, so want to run it by you > guys. I am sick of people assuming I have COPD and every thing else but > P.F. So I had this dream of all of us getting together and plan a fun > run or something in the areas we live on the same day.I recognize this > would take a lot of time and planning,so I just ask for your honest > opinions on what you think. Over the holidays try running it past > friends and relatives and see what they say. I don't see how we could > be ignored if all over this country people are speaking out about this > on the same day. I don't want one more member of my family being dx > with this and I am ready to fight back.> KathyTX,54dx 10/04>

I like this idea. My local community club puts on an annual half-marathon/5K. Maybe they could help with this, if we all decide to pursue it!Sher Bauman wrote: Hey Steve, now this is a good idea too! I could do this (with o2). I'll walk here and you walk "there" and we'll pledge whatever and send it to PFF. MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about

tomorrow, God is already there! Just a thought> To: Breathe-Support > Date: Friday, November 28, 2008, 8:08 AM> > > > > > > Ihope everyone had a blessed holiday,mine turned out quite well > considering I really didn't have much planned. But, I got this crazy > idea yesterday and I can't get it off my mind, so want to run it by you > guys. I am sick of people assuming I have COPD and every thing else but > P.F. So I had this dream of all of us getting together and plan a fun > run or something in the areas we live on the same day.I recognize this > would take a lot of time and planning,so I just ask for your honest > opinions on what you think. Over the holidays try running it past > friends and relatives and see what they say. I don't see how we could > be ignored if all over this country people are speaking

out about this > on the same day. I don't want one more member of my family being dx > with this and I am ready to fight back.> KathyTX,54dx 10/04> Barbara McDIPF, Sept 08Beautiful Western NC Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Galatians 6:9