RemedySpot.com

LEFTOVERS..........................................

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Leftovers

'Twas the night after Thanksgiving,

but I just couldn't sleep

I tried counting backwards,

I tried counting sheep.

The leftovers beckoned

The dark meat and white

But I fought the temptation

With all of my might.

Tossing and turning

With anticipation

The thought of a snack

Became infatuation.

So I raced to the kitchen

Flung open the door

And gazed at the fridge

Full of goodies galore.

I gobbled up turkey,

And buttered potatoes,

Pickles and carrots,

Beans and tomatoes.

I felt myself swelling

so plump and so round

'Till all of a sudden

I rose off the ground.

I crashed through the ceiling

floating into the sky

With a mouthful of pudding

And a handful of pie.

But I managed to yell

As I soared past the trees

Happy eating to all

Pass the cranberries please!

I LOVE YOU THIS DAY

MARY LOU RICHMOND VA

IPF - 02

Lou..Thanks for the after

Thanksgiving chuckle!!!!

Z fibriotic NSIP/05

Z 64,

fibriotic NSIP/o5/PA

And “mild”

PH/10/07 and Reynaud’s too!!

No, NSIP was not

self-inflicted…I never smoked!

Potter,

reader,carousel lover and MomMom to

Darah

and Sara

“I’m gonna

be iron like a lion in Zion” Bob Marley

Vinca

Minor-periwinkle is my flower

Lou wrote:

Leftovers

'Twas the night after Thanksgiving,

but I just couldn't sleep

I tried counting backwards,

I tried counting sheep.

The leftovers beckoned

The dark meat and white

But I fought the temptation

With all of my might.

Tossing and turning

With anticipation

The thought of a snack

Became infatuation.

So I raced to the kitchen

Flung open the door

And gazed at the fridge

Full of goodies galore.

I gobbled up turkey,

And buttered potatoes,

Pickles and carrots,

Beans and tomatoes.

I felt myself swelling

so plump and so round

'Till all of a sudden

I rose off the ground.

I crashed through the ceiling

floating into the sky

With a mouthful of pudding

And a handful of pie.

But I managed to yell

As I soared past the trees

Happy eating to all

Pass the cranberries please!

I LOVE YOU THIS DAY

MARY LOU RICHMOND VA

IPF - 02

No virus found in this incoming message.

Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.9.11/1817 - Release Date: 11/28/2008 8:17 AM

oh Lou THIS is the IMAGE you've just given me!

Great Big Smile on My Dial!

Heh, on the subject of Festive Dinners & Leftovers here's a question....what on earth were your US of A Forefathers THINKING when they put Thanksgiving Day so darn close to CHRISTMAS......

Not just on account of all the left-over tempatations BUT all the darn planning, shopping, CLEANING, decorating, preparations & COOKING to face in such close proximity!

Of course...... it was Fore FATHERS... they didn't DO the aformentioned hard yakka....

Scilly me!

Downunder over the years we gals have discovered the fellas LOVE to BBQ..... so we let 'em... Christmas Day, Easter, ANY DAY they darn well like!

It's truly AMAZING what can be cooked on the Barbie (Apart from Prawns!). Right now the Sales Catelogues getting shoved in our Mail Boxes are offering all sorts of weird new designs that promise perfectly cooked ANYTHING from Soddies to Turkeys to Glazed Ham on the Bone! The design, size & shapes of these monrosities have to be seen to be believed.......

It appeals to our Blokes like the latest Model of Cars & Motor bikes... they beat a Trail to the Retail Door...

Lots of 'em get EARLY Crissy pressies.

... can you guess why????????

giggle, giggle.....

SGIO

PS. I got around the problem ML by sending all my leftovers from last night's early Xmas feast home with my visitors! BUT I did regret that today! And NO it wasn't a Barbie ( we don't actually have one at our place!) I gave my son-outlaw Rob one as a House warming pressie a few years back & we visit them for Barbies (frequently!)

>> Leftovers> > 'Twas the night after Thanksgiving,> but I just couldn't sleep> I tried counting backwards,> I tried counting sheep.> > > > The leftovers beckoned> The dark meat and white> But I fought the temptation> With all of my might.> > > > Tossing and turning> With anticipation> The thought of a snack> Became infatuation.> > > > So I raced to the kitchen> Flung open the door> And gazed at the fridge> Full of goodies galore.> > > > I gobbled up turkey,> And buttered potatoes,> Pickles and carrots,> Beans and tomatoes.> > > > I felt myself swelling> so plump and so round> 'Till all of a sudden> I rose off the ground.> > > > I crashed through the ceiling> floating into the sky> With a mouthful of pudding> And a handful of pie.> > > > But I managed to yell> As I soared past the trees> Happy eating to all> Pass the cranberries please!> > I LOVE YOU THIS DAY> MARY LOU RICHMOND VA> IPF - 02>

SGIO

You can do prawns on the barbie. There are trays and grates designed

just for that purpose, to keep them from falling through. I use to grill

everything and, in fact, still do, just on indoor electric countertop

grills.

> >

> > Leftovers

> >

> > 'Twas the night after Thanksgiving,

> > but I just couldn't sleep

> > I tried counting backwards,

> > I tried counting sheep.

> >

> >

> >

> > The leftovers beckoned

> > The dark meat and white

> > But I fought the temptation

> > With all of my might.

> >

> >

> >

> > Tossing and turning

> > With anticipation

> > The thought of a snack

> > Became infatuation.

> >

> >

> >

> > So I raced to the kitchen

> > Flung open the door

> > And gazed at the fridge

> > Full of goodies galore.

> >

> >

> >

> > I gobbled up turkey,

> > And buttered potatoes,

> > Pickles and carrots,

> > Beans and tomatoes.

> >

> >

> >

> > I felt myself swelling

> > so plump and so round

> > 'Till all of a sudden

> > I rose off the ground.

> >

> >

> >

> > I crashed through the ceiling

> > floating into the sky

> > With a mouthful of pudding

> > And a handful of pie.

> >

> >

> >

> > But I managed to yell

> > As I soared past the trees

> > Happy eating to all

> > Pass the cranberries please!

> >

> > I LOVE YOU THIS DAY

> > MARY LOU RICHMOND VA

> > IPF - 02

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

<http://smiley.smileycentral.com/download/index.jhtml?partner=ZSzeb098_Z\

\

> SYYYYYYYYAU & utm_id=7926>

>

OH! GINA! What in the world would I do without your precious Aussie

humor? You thought of a better word for me to use for Inlaws,

Outlaws. I have heard of that before but not used like you put it,

very funny . I usually call Earl's kids and g/kids " step

people " . But I really love them so much too. Also Love your little

icons in here too.

I do think that the USA does put Thanksgiving and Christmas pretty

close together, but the American people really love their holidays.

We get very excited and once Thanksgiving is over and we have 1

minute to rest, it is time to jump in the car and rush rush rush to

buy Christmas presents for family members you hardly speak to

sometimes. I love Christmas and it is a wonderful time of the year

for friends and family to be together. Earl and I this year are not

exchanging gifts with family or friends because of the tightness we

are in budget wise. Just to be together with the ones we CAN be will

have to suffice.

I LOVE YOU THIS DAY

MARY LOU RICHMOND VA

IPF - 02

> >

> > Leftovers

> >

> > 'Twas the night after Thanksgiving,

> > but I just couldn't sleep

> > I tried counting backwards,

> > I tried counting sheep.

> >

> >

> >

> > The leftovers beckoned

> > The dark meat and white

> > But I fought the temptation

> > With all of my might.

> >

> >

> >

> > Tossing and turning

> > With anticipation

> > The thought of a snack

> > Became infatuation.

> >

> >

> >

> > So I raced to the kitchen

> > Flung open the door

> > And gazed at the fridge

> > Full of goodies galore.

> >

> >

> >

> > I gobbled up turkey,

> > And buttered potatoes,

> > Pickles and carrots,

> > Beans and tomatoes.

> >

> >

> >

> > I felt myself swelling

> > so plump and so round

> > 'Till all of a sudden

> > I rose off the ground.

> >

> >

> >

> > I crashed through the ceiling

> > floating into the sky

> > With a mouthful of pudding

> > And a handful of pie.

> >

> >

> >

> > But I managed to yell

> > As I soared past the trees

> > Happy eating to all

> > Pass the cranberries please!

> >

> > I LOVE YOU THIS DAY

> > MARY LOU RICHMOND VA

> > IPF - 02

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> <http://smiley.smileycentral.com/download/index.jhtml?

partner=ZSzeb098_Z\

> SYYYYYYYYAU & utm_id=7926>

>

Speaking of outlaws.... My cousin and his wife divorced after 30ish years of being married. I refer to his wife now as "my outlaw cousin, Peggy". Lou wrote: OH! GINA! What in the world would I do without your precious Aussie humor? You thought of a better word for me to use for Inlaws, Outlaws. I have heard of that before but not used like you put it, very funny . I usually call Earl's kids and g/kids "step people". But I really love them so much too. Also Love your little

icons in here too.I do think that the USA does put Thanksgiving and Christmas pretty close together, but the American people really love their holidays. We get very excited and once Thanksgiving is over and we have 1 minute to rest, it is time to jump in the car and rush rush rush to buy Christmas presents for family members you hardly speak to sometimes. I love Christmas and it is a wonderful time of the year for friends and family to be together. Earl and I this year are not exchanging gifts with family or friends because of the tightness we are in budget wise. Just to be together with the ones we CAN be will have to suffice. I LOVE YOU THIS DAYMARY LOU RICHMOND VAIPF - 02> >> > Leftovers> >> > 'Twas the night after Thanksgiving,> > but I just couldn't sleep> > I tried counting backwards,> > I tried counting sheep.> >> >> >> > The leftovers beckoned> > The

dark meat and white> > But I fought the temptation> > With all of my might.> >> >> >> > Tossing and turning> > With anticipation> > The thought of a snack> > Became infatuation.> >> >> >> > So I raced to the kitchen> > Flung open the door> > And gazed at the fridge> > Full of goodies galore.> >> >> >> > I gobbled up turkey,> > And buttered potatoes,> > Pickles and carrots,> > Beans and tomatoes.> >> >> >> > I felt myself swelling> > so plump and so round> > 'Till all of a sudden> > I rose off the ground.> >> >> >> > I crashed through the ceiling> > floating into the sky> > With a mouthful of pudding> > And a

handful of pie.> >> >> >> > But I managed to yell> > As I soared past the trees> > Happy eating to all> > Pass the cranberries please!> >> > I LOVE YOU THIS DAY> > MARY LOU RICHMOND VA> > IPF - 02> >> > > > > > > > <http://smiley.smileycentral.com/download/index.jhtml?partner=ZSzeb098_Z\> SYYYYYYYYAU & utm_id=7926>>Barbara McDIPF, Sept 08Beautiful Western NC Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Galatians 6:9

Speaking of outlaws.... My cousin and his wife divorced after 30ish years of being married. I refer to his wife now as " my outlaw cousin, Peggy " .

I'm crazy abut my in-laws...and call them my in-loves.My ex? I call her " Plaintiff " . I shudder at what she may call me.jon-- Two wrongs don't make a right,

but two 's make an airplane.

Jon ... I always get such a good chuckle from your short and snappy posts! Thanks.

Good for old Mama's soul...

MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Re: Re: LEFTOVERS..........................................

On Sat, Nov 29, 2008 at 10:21, Barbara McD <bamny (AT) yahoo (DOT) com> wrote:

Speaking of outlaws.... My cousin and his wife divorced after 30ish years of being married. I refer to his wife now as "my outlaw cousin, Peggy".

I'm crazy abut my in-laws...and call them my in-loves.My ex? I call her "Plaintiff". I shudder at what she may call me.jon-- Two wrongs don't make a right,but two 's make an airplane.

Hey BWBB I gave you the wrong end of the stick with that one ....Sorry.....my comment on 'apart from prawns' was intended to imply that PRAWNS were a 'given' ( obviously can be taken the opposite way too!)...we're famous for Prawns on the Barbie thanks to Croc Dundee.... in Smiley Central that even features as an Aussie Icon Smiley...... > > >> > > Leftovers> > >> > > 'Twas the night after Thanksgiving,> > > but I just couldn't sleep> > > I tried counting backwards,> > > I tried counting sheep.> > >> > >> > >> > > The leftovers beckoned> > > The dark meat and white> > > But I fought the temptation> > > With all of my might.> > >> > >> > >> > > Tossing and turning> > > With anticipation> > > The thought of a snack> > > Became infatuation.> > >> > >> > >> > > So I raced to the kitchen> > > Flung open the door> > > And gazed at the fridge> > > Full of goodies galore.> > >> > >> > >> > > I gobbled up turkey,> > > And buttered potatoes,> > > Pickles and carrots,> > > Beans and tomatoes.> > >> > >> > >> > > I felt myself swelling> > > so plump and so round> > > 'Till all of a sudden> > > I rose off the ground.> > >> > >> > >> > > I crashed through the ceiling> > > floating into the sky> > > With a mouthful of pudding> > > And a handful of pie.> > >> > >> > >> > > But I managed to yell> > > As I soared past the trees> > > Happy eating to all> > > Pass the cranberries please!> > >> > > I LOVE YOU THIS DAY> > > MARY LOU RICHMOND VA> > > IPF - 02> > >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> <http://smiley.smileycentral.com/download/index.jhtml?partner=ZSzeb098_Z\> \> > SYYYYYYYYAU & utm_id=7926>> >>

Glad you enjoyed that one ML... get THIS ... I now have 3 son-out-laws but only 2 daughters!

My girls never did walk 'down the aisle' ... we all being non-religious types........their 'Unions' are hideously called 'de facto' by our Government....'out-of-law marriages!

Now of course, in Australia, that is all meaningless in the same eyes of the same law... de facto marraiges are regarded as exactly the same legally as 'certified' ones! Same regulations if couples split... same laws regarding pension entitlements, taxes, parenting rights, parenting responsibilites, death regs etc etc.......

So n' Rob are one couple with their 2 kids.....Nikki & her 1st partner split years ago & they co-parent one child.... now she has a new partner & as yet no children with him! All 3 blokes are very much part of our family!

The OUT-laws!

Cheers,

SGIO

> > >> > > Leftovers> > >> > > 'Twas the night after Thanksgiving,> > > but I just couldn't sleep> > > I tried counting backwards,> > > I tried counting sheep.> > >> > >> > >> > > The leftovers beckoned> > > The dark meat and white> > > But I fought the temptation> > > With all of my might.> > >> > >> > >> > > Tossing and turning> > > With anticipation> > > The thought of a snack> > > Became infatuation.> > >> > >> > >> > > So I raced to the kitchen> > > Flung open the door> > > And gazed at the fridge> > > Full of goodies galore.> > >> > >> > >> > > I gobbled up turkey,> > > And buttered potatoes,> > > Pickles and carrots,> > > Beans and tomatoes.> > >> > >> > >> > > I felt myself swelling> > > so plump and so round> > > 'Till all of a sudden> > > I rose off the ground.> > >> > >> > >> > > I crashed through the ceiling> > > floating into the sky> > > With a mouthful of pudding> > > And a handful of pie.> > >> > >> > >> > > But I managed to yell> > > As I soared past the trees> > > Happy eating to all> > > Pass the cranberries please!> > >> > > I LOVE YOU THIS DAY> > > MARY LOU RICHMOND VA> > > IPF - 02> > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > <http://smiley.smileycentral.com/download/index.jhtml?> partner=ZSzeb098_Z\> > SYYYYYYYYAU & utm_id=7926>> >>

SGIO

Well, don't be giving me the wrong end of the stick. Yes, when I was in

Oz in 1982 I believe it was, it was early December and everyone was

planning their Christmas barbies on the beach.

> > > >

> > > > Leftovers

> > > >

> > > > 'Twas the night after Thanksgiving,

> > > > but I just couldn't sleep

> > > > I tried counting backwards,

> > > > I tried counting sheep.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > The leftovers beckoned

> > > > The dark meat and white