RemedySpot.com

Re: Gastrocrom not helping

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Jackie & ,

Please tell me this is normal when first starting the gastrocrom. I started it last Saturday late afternoon after I went for my bloodwork. I was pretty well covered in hives by the time I took it and then took again at bedtime. Sunday upon wakening I realized my knuckles and fingers were swollen and remembered waking up all night long scratching them. They were swollen as if I had eaten alot of salt. Other than that on Sunday I had only a few places on my face that itched. Monday I still had the hand thing going on and that evening had severe diarrhea. Tuesday woke up (still having hand problem) and one eyelid was drooping down in eye as well as severel nice red spots on my face. I covered spots as best as I could and went on to work, by late afternoon my eye swelling went down. That evening before dinner I drank the usual mix, however dinner was delayed for an hour and a half and I started breaking out all over my face, ears and neck and was flushing real bad. It got so bad I had to take some steroids. Now I only take these when I get to a point of no return in other words I can't ride it out. Has this ever happened to anyone when they didn't eat within a half hour after drinking the mix. I am so afraid to think I am not going to be able to tolerate this either. I just can't understand why nothing works for me. I am SO disappointed this isn't working I just can't put it into words. Please somebody help me understand this. Sandy B. in IN

Thank you for responding to my call for help. I am trying to keep from being upset about this but I'm not doing to well. I know as well as everybody else that crying makes things even worse so I am trying to calm down. To answer your questions, I am not on any anti-histamines because all of them that I've been on have made me breakout even more. I was mixing 2 ampules with appr. 4oz of water. Before taking the first dose I was getting blood work on Saturday and couldnt eat anything from Friday night on. There was such a wait at the hospital that it was early evening by the time I got home to take it. I also noticed while waiting I was hungry and had developed heartburn from this which in turn started causing me to breakout. Now how can I have heartburn when there is nothing on my stomach? Anyway I was pretty well brokeout upon taking the first dose and then somewhat on the dose before bed. Sunday the hives had calmed down a little other than the hands swollen and itchy. What I don't know was the calming down due to a little rest or the gastrocrom. The big question is was I going to breakout anyway or did I have a reaction to the gastrocrom and I know no one can answer this. I just can't accept the fact that there isn't ANY medicine out there that I can take without it having the opposite effect on me. I've been thinking alot about anti-histamine and why they won't work for me, I don't believe I've been on two of them at one time like everyone else. I have tried Zyrtec and Zantac both but not at the same time. The Doctor I see tomorrow is my primary (internist) Doctor, not my allergist so I'll see what he says about all of this. Thank you again for listening. Sandy B. in IN

Thank you for responding to my call for help. I am trying to keep from being upset about this but I'm not doing to well. I know as well as everybody else that crying makes things even worse so I am trying to calm down. To answer your questions, I am not on any anti-histamines because all of them that I've been on have made me breakout even more. I was mixing 2 ampules with appr. 4oz of water. Before taking the first dose I was getting blood work on Saturday and couldnt eat anything from Friday night on. There was such a wait at the hospital that it was early evening by the time I got home to take it. I also noticed while waiting I was hungry and had developed heartburn from this which in turn started causing me to breakout. Now how can I have heartburn when there is nothing on my stomach? Anyway I was pretty well brokeout upon taking the first dose and then somewhat on the dose before bed. Sunday the hives had calmed down a little other than the hands swollen and itchy. What I don't know was the calming down due to a little rest or the gastrocrom. The big question is was I going to breakout anyway or did I have a reaction to the gastrocrom and I know no one can answer this. I just can't accept the fact that there isn't ANY medicine out there that I can take without it having the opposite effect on me. I've been thinking alot about anti-histamine and why they won't work for me, I don't believe I've been on two of them at one time like everyone else. I have tried Zyrtec and Zantac both but not at the same time. The Doctor I see tomorrow is my primary (internist) Doctor, not my allergist so I'll see what he says about all of this. Thank you again for listening. Sandy B. in IN

Hi SAndy, I am sorry to hear you are suffering like this. First a few things, are you taking any antihistimines with the gastrocrom? How are you mixing the gastrocrom? Have you had ANY success with it when you take it a 1/2 hour before eating? What dosage are you taking?

Not everyone can take gastrocrom, even masto sufferers, although most can. But please don't be discouraged. Much Love,

Re: Gastrocrom not helping

Jackie & , Please tell me this is normal when first starting the gastrocrom. I started it last Saturday late afternoon after I went for my bloodwork. I was pretty well covered in hives by the time I took it and then took again at bedtime. Sunday upon wakening I realized my knuckles and fingers were swollen and remembered waking up all night long scratching them. They were swollen as if I had eaten alot of salt. Other than that on Sunday I had only a few places on my face that itched. Monday I still had the hand thing going on and that evening had severe diarrhea. Tuesday woke up (still having hand problem) and one eyelid was drooping down in eye as well as severel nice red spots on my face. I covered spots as best as I could and went on to work, by late afternoon my eye swelling went down. That evening before dinner I drank the usual mix, however dinner was delayed for an hour and a half and I started breaking out all over my face, ears and neck and was flushing real bad. It ! got so bad I had to take some steroids. Now I only take these when I get to a point of no return in other words I can't ride it out. Has this ever happened to anyone when they didn't eat within a half hour after drinking the mix. I am so afraid to think I am not going to be able to tolerate this either. I just can't understand why nothing works for me. I am SO disappointed this isn't working I just can't put it into words. Please somebody help me understand this. Sandy B. in IN ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~If you do wish to unsubscribe then you can click on the following link: urticaria-unsubscribe ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~This list is in the service of those who suffer from Chronic Urticaria (hives). We strive to support and lift each other as a worldwide cyber-family. We share whatever needs to be shared to help one another in our struggle with Chronic Urticria. Information provided in this forum is not to be taken as medical advice. Always consult your health professional before trying anything new.Any posting that is off the main topic of Chronic Urticaria, we post with a prefix of NCU -. This is done out of respect for those who do not wish to read such postings.