Joya,

I hope its permanent, too! I'm sure it is. You won't leave us once

you get to goal will you? Better not!

I don't like the Atkins shakes, but for those pounds lost, I could

swallow them. I prefer the EAS ones, don't know if you can get them down

there, tho.

Amy

ok joya well i had a shake for breakfast

ugh they give me headaches and i get hungry but somethings got to give .. the last two days i had two eggs for breakfast a salad for lunch and hardly any dinner and the scale still did not move i know my calories were really low and expected some results grrrrr

catherine

-----Original Message-----From: Joya Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2002 11:54 AMTo: AtkinsChallengers Subject: Re: shakes

Just Atkins Shakes.....kinda blah...well one thing they do is make me run to the bathroom an hour later so I gotta kinda time em LOL.

Just Atkins Shakes.....kinda blah...well one thing they do is make me run to the bathroom an hour later so I gotta kinda time em LOL. I really think it is the cut down in calories...I figure two eggs and bacon are about 250 calories or more and a shake is 180...although seeing that in numbers doesn't seem like much of a difference. Thanks for the applause :) I just hope it is PERMANENT!!!!Joya

Joya: WOW! What kind of shakes are you drinking? That is terrific--I'm sending a round of applause from Ohio. . . Amy

Ha! I was at goal before....then at one point I was doing NOTHING but hanging around here bothering people...hard to get me to leave this list of friends who go so far back (to 1997).

Joya

Joya, I hope its permanent, too! I'm sure it is. You won't leave us once you get to goal will you? Better not!

Cath....well you know the drill....maybe you aren't eating enough calories and your body is in gotta save myself from starving mode? Those shakes always have worked for me...I first got them when I had six pounds to go to goal and that did it in two weeks...don't know why they have that effect on me. I just happened to have a can sitting in the freezer from where I stashed it cause I am not crazy about them either! But if it works, it works!

Joya

ok joya well i had a shake for breakfast

ugh they give me headaches and i get hungry but somethings got to give .. the last two days i had two eggs for breakfast a salad for lunch and hardly any dinner and the scale still did not move i know my calories were really low and expected some results grrrrr

catherine

Oh my GOODNESS JOYA!!! That is completely awesome!!! You are doing it GIRL! 135, that is amazing and I am SO happy for u. Keep up the GREAT work!

Kari

I don't like to post how my weight is going until I have had it off for 48 hours, because then I feel it is permanent and not a water fluke...but I HAVE to tell you guys what has happened since drinking shakes starting Monday, for breakfast.

Monday morning I was retaining water and was 140, up from 138. I had a shake instead of bacon and eggs (or pastelito!!!) and after lunch just decided to do the obsessive thing and get on the scale and I was 138!!! (Odd, cause I go UP as the day wears on). Yesterday I got on in the morning and I was 136!!! And today I got on and I was 135.

Oh, I am dying for a normal breakfast....but I am going to go have that stupid shake that seems to work for me. I am halfway to goal if that number sticks around till Friday!!! I have not seen that number in two years. What a pretty number :)

Thank you, Norma...I know you will be right there with me all the way DOWN!!!!

RE: shakes

Well Blow me down with all that tootin' girl! I bees very proud of you Joya Darllin'.

Shake it up honey!

Take a peek at the Challengers "Before" pictures in our 2002 photo album at our Yahoo page, click on photos 2002 or try directly at http://photos.groups.yahoo.com/group/atkinschallengers/lst?.dir=/ & .src=gr & .view=t . If you'd like to send in your "Before" picture to someday compare with an "After" picture, please contact any of the moderators.To contact any of the the list moderators, you can email them at: (jocee131@...)Norma (norwood@...)JJ (cybercat1@...)Dianne (lambart@...) Joya (bocock@...)

From your fingers to God's ears :) Well, if I don't go blow it! I must remember Dr. Phil's lecture about inner talk and the things you tell yourself!

Joya

-----

yes joya congrats on the loss you must be thrilled you will be back in those jeans in no time

catherine

Some SF Davinci syrup might doctor it to taste better. Does the shake have aspartame? Could be where the headache came from? Joanne

Re: shakes

What can we do to doctor them up? I used to add Splenda, but it didn't do much and that is just another carb down the drain. I remember I used to think they were great?????!!!!!??????? What was I thinking?????

And I got a headache too, Cath...you must have suggested it to my brain!

oh i had a shake for breakfast tasted disgusting but . i did survive the day without starving to death had my salad for lunch and just water Take a peek at the Challengers "Before" pictures in our 2002 photo album at our Yahoo page, click on photos 2002 or try directly at http://photos.groups.yahoo.com/group/atkinschallengers/lst?.dir=/ & .src=gr & .view=t . If you'd like to send in your "Before" picture to someday compare with an "After" picture, please contact any of the moderators.To contact any of the the list moderators, you can email them at: (jocee131@...)Norma (norwood@...)JJ (cybercat1@...)Dianne (lambart@...) Joya (bocock@...)

What can we do to doctor them up? I used to add Splenda, but it didn't do much and that is just another carb down the drain. I remember I used to think they were great?????!!!!!??????? What was I thinking?????

And I got a headache too, Cath...you must have suggested it to my brain!

oh i had a shake for breakfast tasted disgusting but . i did survive the day without starving to death had my salad for lunch and just water

I like the EAS carb control shakes the best. I've only seen chocolate fudge,

french vanilla & strawberry cream flavors. They label them at 2 g's with 2

g's of fiber, but the actual count is 4-ish (not deducting fiber). They are

the best tasting shakes, to me.

Amy

.. Isn't Keto premade too?

a

yes it comes in a canister, you use 2 scoops with one cup of water or liquid. I usually use heavy cream and water, equal parts and icecubes to make it thick......

Suebee

am finding the keto sounds delicious...but it only brings 11 servngs

gee Joya, I never really measured them out but I swear I GET MORE servings than 11. I just read the label and thats what it says........

I usually make it with more than just a cup of whatever i happen to be using........ like this morning I used coffee( i keep a container inthe fridge for ice coffee) and I just used that as the liquid to replace the water, I also put in aobut a quarter cup 1/2 & 1/2 for some extra creaminess, only cause I didn';t have real cream and then added the ice...it was real thick so I added some more coffee, so I actually end up getting a real big shake........like maybe 20oz or so. Alot of times I add a packet of splenda and a little vanilla extract to dress it up also......May as well enjoy it if it gonna be a meal.......

Powdered or premade?

SHAKES

Well, my Atkins shakes are running out and I am wondering if there is something much more delicious and enticing than those? And where I can order them. Now I am pleased with the small amount of carbs in these and would not want to go over that....1-3 depending on the flavor. So please give me your vote. I like Vanilla and Chocolate.

Joya"Blind Dogs See With Their Hearts"http://www.blinddogs.comTake a peek at the Challengers "Before" pictures in our 2002 photo album at our Yahoo page, click on photos 2002 or try directly at http://photos.groups.yahoo.com/group/atkinschallengers/lst?.dir=/ & .src=gr & .view=t . If you'd like to send in your "Before" picture to someday compare with an "After" picture, please contact any of the moderators.To contact any of the the list moderators, you can email them at: (jocee131@...)Norma (norwood@...)JJ (cybercat1@...)Dianne (lambart@...) Joya (bocock@...)

Powder: Optimum Nutrition 100% egg protein, double rich chocolate

Readimade: EAS AdvantEDGE CARB CONTROL chocolate shake. Make sure it says CARB CONTROL

a

-----Original Message-----From: Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2002 12:42 PMTo: AtkinsChallengers Subject: Re: SHAKES

Was it Optimum Nutrition or something like that? Never tried them, but always wanted to... Low Carb Kari wrote:

What about the 100% egg protein... what was that company.... Oh I can't remember but they had dutch chocolate and were delicious!

"Do not be afraid, for I am with you. Do not dismay, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, I will help you. I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10