RemedySpot.com

Some freeware and also Nutribase diet software

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I have been requested for these links from other lists and thought I would share them with you all. These links are to freeware that both are excellent for looking up your food counts when not online and you just want to look something up. Hope you can use this.

http://www.dietsoftware.com/sr13.shtml for the Nutribase SR13

http://www.siestasoftware.com/download.htm for the food composition program. Both are free and have the latest USDA Database in them.

I use Nutribase Personal Plus myself which costs $70. It is worth every penny. I can put my recipes in there and with one click I can out a serving into my intake for the day, my favorite foods and custom foods go into my personal favorites file, no more scrolling through 500 versions of a food in the USDA database (which is in this program), plus any food I buy I can take the nutritional info from and make a custom food. It tracks my intake for the day, my weight (with graphs and charts if I choose to view them), my measurements. It is a great program and the customer service is top-notch with a reply to any email I send within literally minutes usually. No need to say I am sold on it. I tried a lot of different programs before settling on this one. It is at this link: http://www.dietsoftware.com/nbplus.shtml

And no, I don't get a commission! I just love this program and wanted to share it with you guys. Ellie

It sounds great, Ellie! I am using DietPower, which is very similar to what you are talking about. It doesn't record measurements, though.....You can record exercise and it adjusts your alloted calorie amount depending on how much you eat/don't eat and keeps track of nutrients, etc you can input recipes, log in favorite foods, etc...same as what you were mentioning.....It is $49.99 and you can check it out at www.dietpower.com You can download a FREE 15 day trial version...if you choose not to buy, the trial just stops working after 15 days....

I use Nutribase Personal Plus myself which costs $70. It is worth every penny. "Do not be afraid, for I am with you. Do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, I will help you. I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10

Hi : I tried all of the ones I could find, and that included DietPower, but Nutribase was the absolute best. It was initially designed for people in nursing homes, etc, and then redesigned for personal use. It has so many features I haven't even discovered them all yet, but I must say I am extremely pleased with it. I can keep a list of my personal favorite foods and with one click they are in there, rather than having to scroll through the USDA database each time (which is in there); I can put my recipes in and one click puts a serving in my intake for the day. I can keep track of measurements, weight, and see the results in a graph if I like. (I love that feature, have been looking at that downward line all week!). The only thing it doesn't do, which I would love, is take a list of my favorite foods and my intake goals, and spit out a menu for me! It does have a menu feature though which I haven't used yet. You can put in your favorite meals or even complete menus and one click would put them in your intake! I love this program! I think I'll write them about the idea I just told you though! LOL Ellie

Re: Some freeware and also Nutribase diet software

It sounds great, Ellie! I am using DietPower, which is very similar to what you are talking about. It doesn't record measurements, though.....You can record exercise and it adjusts your alloted calorie amount depending on how much you eat/don't eat and keeps track of nutrients, etc you can input recipes, log in favorite foods, etc...same as what you were mentioning.....It is $49.99 and you can check it out at www.dietpower.com You can download a FREE 15 day trial version...if you choose not to buy, the trial just stops working after 15 days....

I use Nutribase Personal Plus myself which costs $70. It is worth every penny.

"Do not be afraid, for I am with you. Do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, I will help you. I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10

I can't remember the name (meno mind in full swing here) but wasn't there a free program we downloaded last year for exercise and nutritional info? If anyone else can recall the name I would sure appreciate it because freebees sit better here than some of the expensive programs. Barb Re: Some freeware and also Nutribase diet software It sounds great, Ellie! I am using DietPower, which is very similar to what you are talking about. It doesn't record measurements, though.....You can record exercise and it adjusts your alloted calorie amount depending on how much you eat/don't eat and keeps track of nutrients, etc you can input recipes, log in favorite foods, etc...same as what you were mentioning.....It is $49.99 and you can check it out at www.dietpower.com You can download a FREE 15 day trial version...if you choose not to buy, the trial just stops working after 15 days.... I use Nutribase Personal Plus myself which costs $70. It is worth every penny. "Do not be afraid, for I am with you. Do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, I will help you. I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10

was it www.fitday.com?

I can't remember the name (meno mind in full swing here) but wasn't there a free program we downloaded last year for exercise and nutritional info? If anyone else can recall the name I would sure appreciate it because freebees sit better here than some of the expensive programs.

Barb

It sounds great, Ellie! I am using DietPower, which is very similar to! what you are talking about. It doesn't record measurements, though.....You can record exercise and it adjusts your alloted calorie amount depending on how much you eat/don't eat and keeps track of nutrients, etc you can input recipes, log in favorite foods, etc...same as what you were mentioning.....It is $49.99 and you can check it out at www.dietpower.com You can download a FREE 15 day trial version...if you choose not to buy, the trial just stops working after 15 days....

I use Nutribase Personal Plus myself which costs $70. It is worth every penny.

"Do not be afraid, for I am with you. Do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen! you, I will help you. I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10