RemedySpot.com

for those of you on elavil- horrible itching

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Antideppressents like elavil and amytryptyline did not work for me. The burning and itching returned while I was on them. They were awful for me. I felt like a zombie, gained weight and still itched.Changing my diet and making my body less acidic helped. make the burning and itching go away. Certain foods make me itch. Also hormones can play a role in this. Off balance hormones can cause itching and skin problems, my new doctor just told me this. It is one of the reasons itching is a symptom of perimenopause. Because at that time in our life, our hormones are changing. My regular gyns told me my hormones were fine, but then I went to some natural docs and an MD that also believes in natural medicine and she said I was on the LOW side of normal. So even though the reg. doc said I was in the normal range, it was not normal for me. Keeping a food symptom diary can help too. I used to think whatever we eat did not affect this, but think about it. Why would our bodies work well if we are filling them with sugar and chemicals like preservatives and food dyes? There is no magic pill to get rid of the itching and burning of VV. I believe it is total body balance. If a persons body is still out of balance, perhaps the drugs will not work?Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

Hello, I have been away from the forum for awhile, I was

doing fine and then all of the sudden I started with horrible

itching. I am on elavil 25mg at bedtime and the itching

feels like vulvodynia. Sometimes the itching will stop on

its own. I doubled the elavil to 50mg for two nights

and it did not make a difference. I looked and I have

no discharge and do not appear inflammed. I am very

stressed out. The problems in my life at the moment

are upsetting, me and I know that would cause the vulvodynia

to flare, but the elavil is suppose to take care of that.

I got in the bath tub last night and that helped.

Have any of you on elvil had the experience that once

you were on the drug the problem returned.

I hate to run off to the doctor right away. Your thoughts please.

You know, You are right. I am menopausal and on a very low dose of vagifem( I am a breast cancer survivor). But I have been on the vagifem

awhile. I think it is stress, I am going to try and clamn down and give it awhile and see what happens, Thanks for telling

me of your experiences. Thanks, Millie

Re: for those of you on elavil- horrible itching

Antideppressents like elavil and amytryptyline did not work for me. The burning and itching returned while I was on them. They were awful for me. I felt like a zombie, gained weight and still itched.Changing my diet and making my body less acidic helped. make the burning and itching go away. Certain foods make me itch. Also hormones can play a role in this. Off balance hormones can cause itching and skin problems, my new doctor just told me this. It is one of the reasons itching is a symptom of perimenopause. Because at that time in our life, our hormones are changing. My regular gyns told me my hormones were fine, but then I went to some natural docs and an MD that also believes in natural medicine and she said I was on the LOW side of normal. So even though the reg. doc said I was in the normal range, it was not normal for me. Keeping a food symptom diary can help too. I used to think whatever we eat did not affect this, but think about it. Why would our bodies work well if we are filling them with sugar and chemicals like preservatives and food dyes? There is no magic pill to get rid of the itching and burning of VV. I believe it is total body balance. If a persons body is still out of balance, perhaps the drugs will not work?

Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

Millie--is it possible you just have perhaps a low grade yeast or BV

infection? it may just be something simple like that...

julie

>

> You know, You are right. I am menopausal and on a very low dose of

vagifem( I am a breast cancer survivor). But I have been on the vagifem

> awhile. I think it is stress, I am going to try and clamn down and

give it awhile and see what happens, Thanks for telling

> me of your experiences. Thanks, Millie

> Re: for those of you on elavil- horrible itching

>

>

>

> Antideppressents like elavil and amytryptyline did not work for

me. The burning and itching returned while I was on them. They were

awful for me. I felt like a zombie, gained weight and still itched.

> Changing my diet and making my body less acidic helped. make the

burning and itching go away. Certain foods make me itch. Also

hormones can play a role in this. Off balance hormones can cause

itching and skin problems, my new doctor just told me this. It is one

of the reasons itching is a symptom of perimenopause. Because at that

time in our life, our hormones are changing. My regular gyns told me

my hormones were fine, but then I went to some natural docs and an MD

that also believes in natural medicine and she said I was on the LOW

side of normal. So even though the reg. doc said I was in the normal

range, it was not normal for me. Keeping a food symptom diary can

help too. I used to think whatever we eat did not affect this, but

think about it. Why would our bodies work well if we are filling them

with sugar and chemicals like preservatives and food dyes? There is no

magic pill to get rid of the itching and burning of VV. I believe it

is total body balance. If a persons body is still out of balance,

perhaps the drugs will not work?

>

>

>

>

>

>

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

> Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

>

You know I know you are right about that, but I have no burning when I urinate, although I have a funny tickle that drives

me crazy and I think I have to urinate. But this is how my bladder has always acted when my vulvodynia flared up,

so I really don't think I have an infection. In twenty years I have never had anything show on a culture. I wouldn't know

what to do if something normal happened to me.

What puzzles me is that the elavil is not working as always. I am doing much better tonight, I am trying to relax,

I have alot of stress in my life at this point. So I am trying to relax. Thanks for your suggestion, if it gets worse

or I haven't solved things I will eventually go to the doctor. One thing I know not to do is use all these creams,

that usually just irritates you even more.

Re: for those of you on elavil- horrible itching> > > > Antideppressents like elavil and amytryptyline did not work forme. The burning and itching returned while I was on them. They wereawful for me. I felt like a zombie, gained weight and still itched.> Changing my diet and making my body less acidic helped. make theburning and itching go away. Certain foods make me itch. Alsohormones can play a role in this. Off balance hormones can causeitching and skin problems, my new doctor just told me this. It is oneof the reasons itching is a symptom of perimenopause. Because at thattime in our life, our hormones are changing. My regular gyns told memy hormones were fine, but then I went to some natural docs and an MDthat also believes in natural medicine and she said I was on the LOWside of normal. So even though the reg. doc said I was in the normalrange, it was not normal for me. Keeping a food symptom diary canhelp too. I used to think whatever we eat did not affect this, butthink about it. Why would our bodies work well if we are filling themwith sugar and chemicals like preservatives and food dyes? There is nomagic pill to get rid of the itching and burning of VV. I believe itis total body balance. If a persons body is still out of balance,perhaps the drugs will not work?> > > > > >----------------------------------------------------------> Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.>