nerve pain

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I have vlp and it causes severe pain in the clitoris. Has anyone any

ideas what meds can help this? I am applying lidocaine % to the area

and that does help, but causes some irritation. The problem is that

even if the LP is not active I will still have nerve pain at times. It

is horrible and I need something to eradicate it forever. I did try

Elavil/amitriptyline and that really didn't help the pain.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

cbuckh1030 wrote: >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>The problem is that even if the LP is not active I will still have nerve pain at times. , have you tried any of the nerve pain meds like neurontin or Lyrica? Just throwing out suggestions. I will probably be starting on Lyrica soon. Hugs, Chelle

>

> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>The problem is that

> even if the LP is not active I will still have nerve pain at times.

>

>

> , have you tried any of the nerve pain meds like neurontin or

Lyrica? Just throwing out suggestions. I will probably be starting on

Lyrica soon. Hugs, Chelle

I tried Elavil which is the same as Amitryptayline, wrong spelling. It

did not work for the pain. What side effects does Lyrica have?

>

cbuckh1030 wrote: >>>>>>>>I tried Elavil which is the same as Amitryptayline, wrong spelling. Itdid not work for the pain. What side effects does Lyrica have? , from what I understand, Lyrica is a little stronger than neurontin and more concentrated per dose. I think 50 mg's of Lyrica is = to 100's of mg's of neurontin. From what I've read I believe you can have drowsiness, dizziness, etc. I'm gonna do a little more research before I begin taking it. Dr. Quesada told me to start at 50 mg's and just go slowly, not to add the other two daily doses until I see how I do. Hugs, Chelle

Hi, I just switched from Lyrica to Neurontin. I took Neurontin a few years back and it helped but I got pregnant and had to stop. After I started Lyrica. I did help some but possibly not as much. I don't know if I really am just that much worse or if the meds are just not helping anymore. On the Lyrica, I was unable to take it in the morning and took my full dose(300mg)at night. When they kicked in I basically passed out cold. I actually liked sleeping so soundly but it was really hard to get up in the morning. Both of these drugs have made me "stupid". Just hard to think of vocabulary above the basic level! Good luck to you both!! Chelle wrote: cbuckh1030 <cbuckh1030 (AT) yahoo (DOT) com> wrote: >>>>>>>>I tried Elavil which is the same as Amitryptayline, wrong spelling. Itdid not work for the pain. What side effects does Lyrica have? , from what I understand, Lyrica is a little stronger than neurontin and more concentrated per dose. I think 50 mg's of Lyrica is = to 100's of mg's of neurontin. From what I've read I believe you can have drowsiness, dizziness, etc. I'm gonna do a little more research before I begin taking it. Dr. Quesada told me to start at 50 mg's and just go slowly, not to add the other two daily doses until I see how I

do. Hugs, Chelle

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

P wrote: >>>>>>>>On the Lyrica, I was unable to take it in the morning and took my full dose(300mg)at night. When they kicked in I basically passed out cold. I actually liked sleeping so soundly but it was really hard to get up in the morning. Both of these drugs have made me "stupid". Just

hard to think of vocabulary above the basic level! Good luck to you both!! Thanks for the info, . I just recently went off of a med due to drowsiness. I sure don't need anything to make me spacey or groggy. Especially not 'stupid'. *yikes* Seems like these days I'm having a hard time with meds that cause sleepiness. I'll definitely take the Lyrica at night...Dr. Quesada said to start out at night, too. I'm probably at least going to give it a try, though. Hugs, Chelle

I tried lyrica and cymbalta for the nerve pain in my clitoris. Both

made me dopey (like, unable to drive!), super constipated (which

aggravated my pelvic floor), very dry mouth, and neither helped the

pain. I know they work for some...I have decided I'm just not meant for

systemic meds. like this. =)

Melinda