RemedySpot.com

Re: almond oil & surgery

Rate this topic

Guest guest

HI everyone,I wanted to address two things I read on the listserv today. Normally I don't write too much, but I wanted to share my experience & thoughts.Almond oil: I am currently using dialators (post-surgery 2 and a half months) and am using almond oil as my lubrication because I dislike the tackiness of lubricants. Almond oil does not irritate me in the slightest (like other lubricants) and from what I've read, it is very good for your skin. I would highly recommend trying it as a lubricant for sex, dialators, whatever!

Surgery: In October I had a partial vestibulectomy for vulvar vestibulitis, which was diagnosed about 7years ago. I have had bouts of DIV (desqualtory inflammatory vaginitis) on & off in that time, where the inside of the vagina becomes inflamed, but the surgery was done primarily to address the VV, which was not treated successfully through a number of other interventions (creams, PT, antidepressants, etc.). My pain was only during sex or when the area was touched, so I was lucky in that I was not in constant pain. I was told that cases like mine-- where the pain is in a very specific spot and is not constant, but rather on contact-- are the ones that respond best to surgery.

I saw on the last post that there were some negative comments about surgery, and while it does not work for everyone, I know there have been a number of people who have been helped by it. Although I have not yet had intercourse, I am able to insert a medium-sized dialator with minimal to no discomfort (and actually some pleasure!!!) at this point, and when the area is touched, there is no pain on contact. I feel pretty confident that once I am able to use the largest dialator, I will be able to have intercourse with little discomfort, which would be a miracle after all of these years!! For a long time, I thought it made no sense to " cut off " the skin and glands at the vestibule, since it seemed so typical of modern medicine to just chop it off instead of addressing the issue! But I consented to the surgery because I was out of options, and I wanted to try it before starting to consider alternative ways to get pregnant; also, I wanted to see if I could have sex again! And the statistics are that about 80-90% of women are significantly helped with the surgery, and that the surgery has radically improved in the pat 10 years.

So, please, before ruling out or speaking negatively of surgery, consider a number of women's experiences, not just one negative or positive one here and there. It is an option that has truly helped me, and that has helped others, and I would hate for women suffering from these issues to totally discount something that might truly assist them.

Take care everyone,Amy:)

Amy, congratulations on the success of your surgery!

Hugs-

Ivy

-- Re: almond oil & surgery

HI everyone,I wanted to address two things I read on the listserv today. Normally I don't write too much, but I wanted to share my experience & thoughts.Almond oil: I am currently using dialators (post-surgery 2 and a half months) and am using almond oil as my lubrication because I dislike the tackiness of lubricants. Almond oil does not irritate me in the slightest (like other lubricants) and from what I've read, it is very good for your skin. I would highly recommend trying it as a lubricant for sex, dialators, whatever! Surgery: In October I had a partial vestibulectomy for vulvar vestibulitis, which was diagnosed about 7years ago. I have had bouts of DIV (desqualtory inflammatory vaginitis) on & off in that time, where the inside of the vagina becomes inflamed, but the surgery was done primarily to address the VV, which was not treated successfully through a number of other interventions (creams, PT, antidepressants, etc.). My pain was only during sex or when the area was touched, so I was lucky in that I was not in constant pain. I was told that cases like mine-- where the pain is in a very specific spot and is not constant, but rather on contact-- are the ones that respond best to surgery. I saw on the last post that there were some negative comments about surgery, and while it does not work for everyone, I know there have been a number of people who have been helped by it. Although I have not yet had intercourse, I am able to insert a medium-sized dialator with minimal to no discomfort (and actually some pleasure!!!) at this point, and when the area is touched, there is no pain on contact. I feel pretty confident that once I am able to use the largest dialator, I will be able to have intercourse with little discomfort, which would be a miracle after all of these years!! For a long time, I thought it made no sense to "cut off" the skin and glands at the vestibule, since it seemed so typical of modern medicine to just chop it off instead of addressing the issue! But I consented to the surgery because I was out of options, and I wanted to try it before starting to consider alternative ways to get pregnant; also, I wanted to see if I could have sex again! And the statistics are that about 80-90% of women are significantly helped with the surgery, and that the surgery has radically improved in the pat 10 years. So, please, before ruling out or speaking negatively of surgery, consider a number of women's experiences, not just one negative or positive one here and there. It is an option that has truly helped me, and that has helped others, and I would hate for women suffering from these issues to totally discount something that might truly assist them. Take care everyone,Amy:)

That is wonderful, Amy!!!Congratulations!!!And I'm so happy to hear from someone else re: positive surgery results. I've had two in two years, to treat actual skin tears from VVS, and altho I am not "cured" or back to the way I was before the year 2005, I am MUCH better. MUCH! And of course have learned a LOT about my body and myself and VVS. I keep meaning to write more, since my first post about my situation, and to reply to others who have written regarding my storty....I keep getting preoccupied, etc....darn it!! There are so many posts I want to comment on and share my experiences. I will, darn it!!! :-) P Portland Oregon

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Just to let you know that you are right about different things

heplping different people. I had done so many things before having

the surgery and nothing helped. The surgery was done June 2006 and I

am 100% cured! I have never been happier and the surgery saved my

life!

>

> HI everyone,

>

> I wanted to address two things I read on the listserv today. Normally I

> don't write too much, but I wanted to share my experience & thoughts.

>

> Almond oil: I am currently using dialators (post-surgery 2 and a half

> months) and am using almond oil as my lubrication because I dislike the

> tackiness of lubricants. Almond oil does not irritate me in the

slightest

> (like other lubricants) and from what I've read, it is very good for

your

> skin. I would highly recommend trying it as a lubricant for sex,

dialators,

> whatever!

>

> Surgery: In October I had a partial vestibulectomy for vulvar

vestibulitis,

> which was diagnosed about 7years ago. I have had bouts of DIV

(desqualtory

> inflammatory vaginitis) on & off in that time, where the inside of the

> vagina becomes inflamed, but the surgery was done primarily to

address the

> VV, which was not treated successfully through a number of other

> interventions (creams, PT, antidepressants, etc.). My pain was only

during

> sex or when the area was touched, so I was lucky in that I was not in

> constant pain. I was told that cases like mine-- where the pain is in a

> very specific spot and is not constant, but rather on contact-- are

the ones

> that respond best to surgery.

>

> I saw on the last post that there were some negative comments about

surgery,

> and while it does not work for everyone, I know there have been a

number of

> people who have been helped by it. Although I have not yet had

intercourse,

> I am able to insert a medium-sized dialator with minimal to no

discomfort

> (and actually some pleasure!!!) at this point, and when the area is

touched,

> there is no pain on contact. I feel pretty confident that once I am

able to

> use the largest dialator, I will be able to have intercourse with little

> discomfort, which would be a miracle after all of these years!!

>

> For a long time, I thought it made no sense to " cut off " the skin

and glands

> at the vestibule, since it seemed so typical of modern medicine to

just chop

> it off instead of addressing the issue! But I consented to the surgery

> because I was out of options, and I wanted to try it before starting to

> consider alternative ways to get pregnant; also, I wanted to see if

I could

> have sex again! And the statistics are that about 80-90% of women are

> significantly helped with the surgery, and that the surgery has

radically

> improved in the pat 10 years.

>

> So, please, before ruling out or speaking negatively of surgery,

consider a

> number of women's experiences, not just one negative or positive one

here

> and there. It is an option that has truly helped me, and that has

helped

> others, and I would hate for women suffering from these issues to

totally

> discount something that might truly assist them.

>

> Take care everyone,

>

> Amy:)

>

hello there, thank you so much for your post amy - i absolutely have to agree with you!!! i am suffering from VVS myself and tried all the medications and treatments there are and was running out of options myself. that's why i agreed to the surgery as well and had the surgery almost 2 weeks ago. at this point of course i'm still recovering from the surgery and will have my first post-op this friday. but my doctor was very confident that we will get my problem under control once i'm recovered! i think we should all support any treatment that helped one of us as it is hard enough to find a treatment that works! thank you all and i hope you will continue to recover well amy! kathy :)Amy J Salmon wrote: HI everyone,I wanted to address two things I read on the listserv today. Normally I don't write too much, but I wanted to share my experience & thoughts.Almond oil: I am currently using dialators (post-surgery 2 and a half months) and am using almond oil as my lubrication because I dislike the tackiness of lubricants. Almond oil does not irritate me in the slightest (like other lubricants) and from what I've read, it is very good for your skin. I would highly recommend trying it as a lubricant for sex, dialators, whatever! Surgery: In October I had a partial

vestibulectomy for vulvar vestibulitis, which was diagnosed about 7years ago. I have had bouts of DIV (desqualtory inflammatory vaginitis) on & off in that time, where the inside of the vagina becomes inflamed, but the surgery was done primarily to address the VV, which was not treated successfully through a number of other interventions (creams, PT, antidepressants, etc.). My pain was only during sex or when the area was touched, so I was lucky in that I was not in constant pain. I was told that cases like mine-- where the pain is in a very specific spot and is not constant, but rather on contact-- are the ones that respond best to surgery. I saw on the last post that there were some negative comments about surgery, and while it does not work for everyone, I know there have been a number of people who have been helped by it. Although I have not yet had intercourse, I am able to insert a medium-sized dialator with minimal to no

discomfort (and actually some pleasure!!!) at this point, and when the area is touched, there is no pain on contact. I feel pretty confident that once I am able to use the largest dialator, I will be able to have intercourse with little discomfort, which would be a miracle after all of these years!! For a long time, I thought it made no sense to "cut off" the skin and glands at the vestibule, since it seemed so typical of modern medicine to just chop it off instead of addressing the issue! But I consented to the surgery because I was out of options, and I wanted to try it before starting to consider alternative ways to get pregnant; also, I wanted to see if I could have sex again! And the statistics are that about 80-90% of women are significantly helped with the surgery, and that the surgery has radically improved in the pat 10 years. So, please, before ruling out or speaking negatively of surgery, consider a number of women's

experiences, not just one negative or positive one here and there. It is an option that has truly helped me, and that has helped others, and I would hate for women suffering from these issues to totally discount something that might truly assist them. Take care everyone,Amy:)

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.