RemedySpot.com

Re: Calendula

Rate this topic

Guest guest

rachel metzdorf wrote: >>>>>I just purchased calendula cream for stinging and burning pain, has anyone tried this? , I used some about two years ago...just make sure you aren't allergic to ragweed. It's in the same family. Hugs, Chelle

I've tried it and it works really well. My gyno recommended it to me. It's excellent.

I'm allergic to everything but had no problem with the calendula cream. It's great for burns too.

Hugs-

Ivy

-- Re: Calendula

rachel metzdorf wrote:

>>>>>I just purchased calendula cream for stinging and burning pain, has anyone tried this?

, I used some about two years ago...just make sure you aren't allergic to ragweed. It's in the same family. Hugs, Chelle

Thanks Ivy!

I've tried it and it works really well. My gyno recommended it to me. It's excellent.

I'm allergic to everything but had no problem with the calendula cream. It's great for burns too.

Hugs-

Ivy

rachel metzdorf wrote:

>>>>>I just purchased calendula cream for stinging and burning pain, has anyone tried this?

, I used some about two years ago...just make sure you aren't allergic to ragweed. It's in the same family. Hugs, Chelle

Thankyou Chelle!

rachel metzdorf wrote:

You're welcome , I hope it helps you! Let me know!

Hugs-

Ivy

rachel metzdorf wrote:

I am allergic to Ragweed and have been using Calendula cream for months? What would the reaction be?On Jan 16, 2008 11:24 AM, Ivy <ivysincredimail@...

> wrote:

You're welcome , I hope it helps you! Let me know!

Hugs-

Ivy

rachel metzdorf wrote:

Cindy, my husband had a rash a few months back, so I gave him some Calendula to use. In no time he developed a bad cough...I looked in my Herbal PDR and it said Calendula is in the 'ragweed' family. I felt horrible, he's allergic to ragweed. If you haven't noticed any irritation or problems then chances are that you are fine using it...I'm just throwing this out there as a 'heads up', so to speak. I think sometimes that we forget that homeopathic remedies might cause reactions, too. Hugs, Chelle

Hey Melinda, here is a good link about Calendula. I thought I saw the 'ragweed' connection in my book, but it must have been online...anyway, I hope this helps. I used Calendula a few times in the past on my vulvar skin before I began using Estrace topically. I didn't notice a difference one way or the other. No help, but didn't hurt. Hugs, Chelle http://www.umm.edu/altmed/articles/calendula-000228.htm

I use calendula creme almost daily. Its a great healer, and is used

extensively in homeopathic circles. I used to use it for diaper rashes

and prevention with my kids. I was dumb( lol.. but I was!!) and didn't

use it till I had been suffering for 6 months. Once I did, at least

25% of the irritation/burning reduced.. and with continual use I have

had extended periods of up to almost no pain. (Then I have to go and

ruin it all by allowing the gynie to use K-Y jelly.. which causes a

major flare). I am having trouble finding a creme that isn't made with

the Parabens, and the straight oil doesn't seem to be as effective, for

some reason.

Calendula combined in an alcohol based solution is also very effective

against Herpes outbreaks, according to the literature.

I'm highly allergic to ragweed but have no problem with Calendula so it must be individualized.

Hey Melinda, here is a good link about Calendula. I thought I saw the 'ragweed' connection in my book, but it must have been online...anyway, I hope this helps. I used Calendula a few times in the past on my vulvar skin before I began using Estrace topically. I didn't notice a difference one way or the other. No help, but didn't hurt. Hugs, Chelle

http://www.umm.edu/altmed/articles/calendula-000228.htm