RemedySpot.com

Re: Estrogen -

Rate this topic

Guest guest

rachel metzdorf wrote: Chelle, when you say estrogen, are you talking about the estrace cream, or something taken internally? , I initially used Estrace topically and Vagifem internally for a few years. Then my E. levels fell more and I had to add an E. patch to my

regimen, upping the dose over a six month period. I used to suffer from severe Endo, but with the decline of hormones the Endo pain stopped. I have taken a risk using the Estrogen, due to past Endo, but by far, Estrogen has helped my bladder and vulvar pain the most. Hugs, Chelle

Hi Chelle, I to have had endo. Is the vagifem also a prescription? So there's an estrace patch? So using estrace is a risk with having endo?

rachel metzdorf wrote:

Chelle, when you say estrogen, are you talking about the estrace cream, or something taken internally?

, I initially used Estrace topically and Vagifem internally for a few years. Then my E. levels fell more and I had to add an E. patch to my regimen, upping the dose over a six month period. I used to suffer from severe Endo, but with the decline of hormones the Endo pain stopped. I have taken a risk using the Estrogen, due to past Endo, but by far, Estrogen has helped my bladder and vulvar pain the most. Hugs, Chelle

rachel metzdorf wrote: >>>>>>>>>>>Hi Chelle, I to have had endo. Is the vagifem also a prescription? So there's an estrace patch? So using estrace is a risk with having endo? , yes, vagifem is Rx. It is a really tiny dose of

bio-identical estrogen that is good for the uro-genital tissues. The patch I use is Vivelle dot, it is bio-identical, too. I'm pretty sure Estrace can be taken in pill or cream, but not patch. This is just my two cents here, but when I use the Estrace topically and the Vagifem, it never did anything to raise my Estrogen levels or cause Endo pain. I've only read of a few instances where women here on the group had their E. levels 'increase' while using Estrace topically. It will also depend on how much you use and how your body absorbs it. I took things a step further by using an Estrogen patch, which actually does increase your blood levels of E. It was worth the risk though, cause I've had symptoms of menopause although I'm only in my mid-30's. Hope this helps.... Hugs, Chelle