RemedySpot.com

Re: Gabapentin and amitriptyline (for treatment of pelvic pain)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Who wouldn't feel no pain on 150 mg of amitriptyline! I was on only 50mg and I couldn't even function. I took naps all of the time, couldn't get out of bed in the morning and gained 20 lbs. 150 mg would have had me laying in bed all day lethargic and not feeling a thing, but unable to function as a human being. Amytriptylene was an awful experience for me. AND it did not stop the burning and itching. Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

I took amitriptyline, 50mg for awhile. It did the same to me. Gained 12 pounds and was exhausted with dry mouth. I also took Gabapentin for two years. 1200mg. It did nothing except for dry mouth and exhuastion.

-------------- Original message -------------- From: blueeberri@...

Who wouldn't feel no pain on 150 mg of amitriptyline! I was on only 50mg and I couldn't even function. I took naps all of the time, couldn't get out of bed in the morning and gained 20 lbs. 150 mg would have had me laying in bed all day lethargic and not feeling a thing, but unable to function as a human being. Amytriptylene was an awful experience for me. AND it did not stop the burning and itching.

Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

Sorry to hear that the meds didn't really work out for either of you, Sherri and . But at least you both can say you tried them and cross them off your list of things to try! ;) From what I understand, I think nortriptyline has fewer side-effects then Elavil but works much the same way. Meds are so hard...I don't think any of us want to take them or deal with possible side effects...but our bodies are so different in processing meds. *ugh* I hope I do well on the Lyrica. Hugs, Chelle

I tried Desiparmine also. I don't think my problems are nerve related and that's why they didn't work. I think mine are hormone related and E & T cream has made a big difference.

Good luck on Lyrica.

Sherri

-------------- Original message --------------

Sorry to hear that the meds didn't really work out for either of you, Sherri and . But at least you both can say you tried them and cross them off your list of things to try! ;)

From what I understand, I think nortriptyline has fewer side-effects then Elavil but works much the same way. Meds are so hard...I don't think any of us want to take them or deal with possible side effects...but our bodies are so different in processing meds. *ugh*

I hope I do well on the Lyrica. Hugs, Chelle