RemedySpot.com

Re: Diet issues, v pain, etc.To

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi,I can totally relate. The only thing that got rid of my VV was being on the candida diet and taking Nystatin antifungal. I was on a gluten free, dairy free, sugar free diet. I lost 27 lbs. I got down to a size 2-4 and I am 5'9. My boss at work asked me if I was OK. People told me I was too thin. I went off the diet last year, have gained 20 lbs. I would like to lose 10 lbs. My burning and itching returned. Let's put it this way..the choice is" Burn and itch or be thin and be on the diet...

I know how hard it is. AND I got a new job in bakery deli! Talk about temptations. I keep asking..why would I continue to get a rare yeast from what I eat? My hormones and thyroid have to be off. I tested at the low side of DHEA and testosterone. Do you have your hormone level numbers?

I like wine and martinis. Wine will set off itching.

It is hard, but what if we were diabetic? Our diet would be restricted then too. We have to look at this differently. We are lucky to be alive. We are lucky we do not have luekemia like my ex husband. I find I need to think like this. If you think you are deprived and ripped off it will affect your well being. Every time I feel sorry for myself I try to think of people less fortunate then me. I would never trade places with my ex and what he had to go through with his bone marrow transplant. Not eating wheat and sugar is mild compared to that experience. I know it is easy said than done, but it is the way our life is. We all must deal with what God gave us. (and i am not religious!) Whether it is VV, cancer, diabetes or no arms and legs. I look at people in wheel chairs and thank God I can walk. AND Thank GOd for health food stores...can you imagine being on a gluten free diet even 25 years ago? The resources we have today with the internet are wonderful.

ALSO, if you stick to the diet all week. I do not think there is a problem once and awhile eating out at a restaurant. I have ordered a hamburger and asked for NO BUN and brought a little tupperware of gluten free fruit sweetened ketchup with me. I went to a pancake breakfast with my family and brought real maple syrup instead of using the corn syrup fake one they serve there. I do not put cream in my occasional cup of coffee.

I brought my own sugar free salad dressings to a restaurant in my purse to put on the salad. I had to give up Wine and rum and cokes. If I felt the need to have an alcoholic drink while out with friends I ordered a Vodka club soda with a lime. The cleanest lowest sugar drink.

There are ways to make this work and you can do it. Look at how strong you have been to even go on this diet and discover what helped you! Give yourself credit for that. YOUR REAL FRIENDS will understand when you are out that you are on a restricted diet. Mine did. I am very lucky to have them. If you go to a friends house, bring your own meal. Do not restrict yourself from going out. Eat before you go if you must.

I know how you feel. I went off the diet entirely and feel very guilty. I am trying to get back on it.

But we can not constantly beat ourselves up or worry. That is not good for our recovery.

Eat almond butter and snack on almonds for weight gain.

Please stop restricting yourself socially. You need your friends!

Also, I use Yeast Arrest Boric Acid Suppositories if I feel yeast coming on. They give relief!

Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.