RemedySpot.com

Chelle--Lyrica

Rate this topic

Guest guest

mindy_4711 wrote >>>>>>>>I was just wondering if you started on the Lyrica and, if so, are you are getting any relief with it? Hi Mindy, my Insurance was going to charge too much for the copay on Lyrica, so my doc wrote a Rx for Neurontin (600 mg's 3x's a day). I haven't started taking it yet. When I see him, I'm going to ask to start on 300 mg's... thanks so much for asking. Any luck with your house yet? Hugs, Chelle.___

Hi Chelle,I am really surprised that your doc is starting you out on such a high dosage. You are suppose to start with a smaller dosage and work you way up. I started with 300 1 x a day for a couple weeks and then increased to 2 x a day and so on. Now I am up to 900 mg 3 x a day. When you stop the med for any reason you CANNOT stop it cold turkey. You have to wean off from it. There are no side effects or withdrawal-type symptoms, but you have to wean off it because it can cause you to have a seizure (I think that is the reason). Good luck. Yes, my ins. co. was charging me $25 copay for Lyrica apposed to $10 for the Neurontin. Mindy> > Hi Mindy, my Insurance was going to charge too much for the copay on Lyrica, so my doc wrote a Rx for Neurontin (600 mg's 3x's a day). Any luck with your house yet? Hugs, Chelle.___>