RemedySpot.com

elavil

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Its seems it has to be the elavil. This burning with urination has been going on for many months, and I had pt 4 times within 4 months, so I would think that it would have left if it was the pt. I had bad burning for the past 5 days after pt, and today, no burning, no burning with urination-I saw my gyne yesterday because I was in such pain and he gave me the elavil- I suspect it is the elavil. I am going to maintain a low dose of nerve pain meds while I pursue pt. It just makes sense to me to treat both aspects - muscles and nerves.

CGet a sneak peek of the all-new AOL.com.

Don't applaud me yet Millie lol its just the way I am thinking at this moment. It scares the s% & t out of me to go to pt again next Thursday after the last 5 days. I am curious though how my body would react if it is indeed the elavil currently alleviating the pain. I keep thinking, overnite tho, how can this be?? I asked my pharmacist tho and she said yes it could potentially work that fast, so if things continue the way they are I am debating it as well. But I have a week to decide, who knows with this crazy disorder, it comes and goes for me all the time, I am praying the elavil is truly helping tho. I will keep ya posted:)

Don't applaud me yet Millie lol its just the way I am thinking at this moment. It scares the s% & t out of me to go to pt again next Thursday after the last 5 days. I am curious though how my body would react if it is indeed the elavil currently alleviating the pain. I keep thinking, overnite tho, how can this be?? I asked my pharmacist tho and she said yes it could potentially work that fast, so if things continue the way they are I am debating it as well. But I have a week to decide, who knows with this crazy disorder, it comes and goes for me all the time, I am praying the elavil is truly helping tho. I will keep ya posted:)

I take elavil and I don't remmeber how fast it worked.

I think it did take a few days for the burning

to stop. If you have just started the elavil stop

and see what happens and you will get your answer.

Once you have been on elavil awhile you can't just

come off of it, you have to back off. So if you

have taken just one or two pills stop and see what happens.

You can always resume it. Millie

elavil

Could elavil work in one day? I took one yesterday(10mg) and the burning with urination stopped, I am wondering if it was the last pt or elavil now????

Carol

Get a sneak peek of the all-new AOL.com.

I take elavil and I don't remmeber how fast it worked.

I think it did take a few days for the burning

to stop. If you have just started the elavil stop

and see what happens and you will get your answer.

Once you have been on elavil awhile you can't just

come off of it, you have to back off. So if you

have taken just one or two pills stop and see what happens.

You can always resume it. Millie

elavil

Could elavil work in one day? I took one yesterday(10mg) and the burning with urination stopped, I am wondering if it was the last pt or elavil now????

Carol

You know I have avoided thinking about this. I have had vulvodynia for 15 years. I had the surgery, I guess that is what we call it,

15 years ago, then went on elavil. I was able to go off the elavil for about 3 years and then it came back, it was crazy it

came back as itching as opposed to burning the first time. Anyway, I have made up my mind that I am satisfied with taking

the elavil because I am afraid if I even asked about the PT that it might make me worse. This email kinda opens the

subject up for me, but I just feel for myself, I applaud you for your decision to do both, that I better leave well enough alone.

I hope you will continue to update us on your progress. Millie

Re: elavil

Its seems it has to be the elavil. This burning with urination has been going on for many months, and I had pt 4 times within 4 months, so I would think that it would have left if it was the pt. I had bad burning for the past 5 days after pt, and today, no burning, no burning with urination-I saw my gyne yesterday because I was in such pain and he gave me the elavil- I suspect it is the elavil. I am going to maintain a low dose of nerve pain meds while I pursue pt. It just makes sense to me to treat both aspects - muscles and nerves.

C

You know I have avoided thinking about this. I have had vulvodynia for 15 years. I had the surgery, I guess that is what we call it,

15 years ago, then went on elavil. I was able to go off the elavil for about 3 years and then it came back, it was crazy it

came back as itching as opposed to burning the first time. Anyway, I have made up my mind that I am satisfied with taking

the elavil because I am afraid if I even asked about the PT that it might make me worse. This email kinda opens the

subject up for me, but I just feel for myself, I applaud you for your decision to do both, that I better leave well enough alone.

C

C

• 5 months later...