RemedySpot.com

More on the Oprah Show....

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I spoke with Prendergast (PT) today. She is so into this guys. I mean she and Liz are truly going above and beyond with trying to 'spread the word'. They keep you in a single file line when entering the Oprah Show...but she, Liz and their patient were going up and down the line telling the women all about vulvodynia...*grin*. Explaining what it is, and treatment options. Too good! The producers asked the audience (before taping anything) if they had any questions for Dr. Oz.... raised her hand and immediately asked, "How can we effectively raise awareness for vulvodynia when so many medical practitioners aren't aware of it themselves"...now of course she knows more than Dr. Oz on this subject, but was looking for a way to

get the ball rolling. The producers took Steph, Liz & their patient to a room by themselves and they spent a half hour telling them all about PT for pelvic pain. YAY!!!! There were eight patients there ready to tell their story that Veasley had worked very hard to get there, but unfortunately only two got to speak. They did about an 8 minute segment on Vulvodynia. I thought it would be an entire show on the subject, that was disheartening but not enough to give up. Besides, giving up is not an option. is very hopeful, regardless what happens with the Oprah Show. She and Liz have hired a Publicist and are eager to speak with him on Monday (wanting to spread the word about pelvic pain and the option of PT). They are very serious about this! She suggested that we contact Dr. Oz and tell him how much we

appreciate his willingness to tackle the subject of Vulvar Pain (hoping for more from him). She will send us info along the way about ideas about spreading the word. has thanked me profusely, she says I got the ball rolling and lit a fire under her to do something about this (and all I did literally was spend some time emailing between her and Chris). I'm not being arrogant...and I'm not including that part to build myself up...just want you all to know that you shouldn't underestimate the power you have in trying to find ways to spread the word. Rhonda met Liz and Steph (I believe too) and the 3 of them are going to write a loooong article for the NVA Newsletter. They are not sure if they can get it out by the April addition. But will be writing it. If we will ban together, we can help spread the word and we'll

get there. Regardless of what Oprah decides to do...we can still make a difference. Many Hugs, Chelle PS - From what I understand the segment on Oprah should air in a few weeks or so.