RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: I'm pregnant-BECKY!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Becky- My doctor was concerned about the PAXIL in particular, being that it does have label warning of birth defects (heart related) in first and second trimester especially..... I was taking 40 mgs when I found out I was pregnant and I immediately started weaning down to as much as I could and then got completely off in December....which was VERY HARD...but when I got to 5 mgs, I could go without it , no withdrawls....and baby is fine according to all ultrasounds...... With expection of the BDefects, doc was also concerned of the baby having withdrawl symdrome after birth, which they said if I could wean low or quit 8 weeks prior to birth, Holly would be fine. So I am on target, and things are going really well. as for the Doxy, I was freaking out at first cause low and behold in college , one of my chemistry projects was about Birth

defects in relation to cycline drugs. YIPES..... Since my system had so much built up due to long term treatement I was concerned, My doctor was not! She basically used the old line of...."first trimester pregnancies will result in miscarriage, If drug related issues are at hand". She basically explained to me that the baby would rid itself ....if the drugs , in fact had detremental effects.....due to the harsh reaction on a first trimester fetus in large quantities....but in the same breathe, she assured me, I would be fine and not to worry about what I couldnt change. Its just one of those things, I couldnt read into too much or worry, cause I KNEW the cortisol from worrying is worse than most drugs on a little fetus..... Im sure you will be fine. When you

start to get overwhelmed about it,,,,,just think of how many women become pregnant in sustance situations....or during drinking binges. Most women dont know they are pregnant until 2 months...and a lot could be injested in that time....babies are VERY resilient.....and you have lots of prayer on your side.! Becky Thorn wrote: <<I have to admit - I went throught the same concerns you are going through in early pregnancy. I was 5-6 weeks too when I found out , and was

previously on a long term regimine of doxy as part of my Lymes treatment. I also was going through some MAJOR stresses and taking medications that , had I known I was pregnant, I would not have been on IE: paxil, etc....>> and Melinda, Thanks for your notes. Did your doctors express any concern over the meds you had taken?<<Bottom line is this, and it always calms my soul...you have been chosen to be a mother, and what happens prior to you knowing is out of your control, you have the gift of life, and you will be okay. God is always good about seeing us to the finish line.>> Amen.Becky Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.