RemedySpot.com

Re: Counterstrain - TOM

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Tom, let me see if I'm understanding you correctly...the counterstrain techniques you talk about so often are directly related to the 'diaphragms'? So...when you put that weight on my pubic bone and a hand under the sacrum/coccyx that was to 'reset' the muscles and give them a break, so to speak? Hence, 'resetting them to original positions'? I always struggled with trying to do that when I got home and the roll for control exercises...because it hurts (badly) to lie flat on my back (because of the spur). Because of the pain I stopped doing both of those things and now I see why! The pain of the spur kept me from doing them. I cannot WAIT to have that thing removed!!!! I'll see the Orthopedic Surgeon in early April! But, I also have the issue of the crooked tailbone, so once everything is properly addressed I should be on my way! Thanks again, Chelle

Chelle,

They are two sepparate techniques but... the premise is very similar and

so is the method by which it helps reset the muscle tone. Counterstrain

has specific leg positions that are held by someone else for 90 seconds to

turn the muscles of the pelvic floor completely off and let them reset.

But remeber, if you have not corrected bony mal-position the tension will

return. For this you need to use Muscle Energy.

TKO

> Tom, let me see if I'm understanding you correctly...the counterstrain

> techniques you talk about so often are directly related to the

> 'diaphragms'? So...when you put that weight on my pubic bone and a hand

> under the sacrum/coccyx that was to 'reset' the muscles and give them a

> break, so to speak? Hence, 'resetting them to original positions'?

>

> I always struggled with trying to do that when I got home and the roll

> for control exercises...because it hurts (badly) to lie flat on my back

> (because of the spur). Because of the pain I stopped doing both of

> those things and now I see why! The pain of the spur kept me from doing

> them. I cannot WAIT to have that thing removed!!!! I'll see the

> Orthopedic Surgeon in early April! But, I also have the issue of the

> crooked tailbone, so once everything is properly addressed I should be

> on my way! Thanks again, Chelle

>

>

Chelle,

Are you having surgery on your coccyx?

Re: Re: Counterstrain - TOM

Chelle,They are two sepparate techniques but... the premise is very similar andso is the method by which it helps reset the muscle tone. Counterstrainhas specific leg positions that are held by someone else for 90 seconds toturn the muscles of the pelvic floor completely off and let them reset. But remeber, if you have not corrected bony mal-position the tension willreturn. For this you need to use Muscle Energy.TKO> Tom, let me see if I'm understanding you correctly...the counterstrain> techniques you talk about so often are directly related to the> 'diaphragms'? So...when you put that weight on my pubic bone and a hand> under the sacrum/coccyx that was to 'reset' the muscles and give them a> break, so to speak? Hence, 'resetting them to original positions'?>> I always struggled with trying to do that when I got home and the roll> for control exercises...because it hurts (badly) to lie flat on my back> (because of the spur). Because of the pain I stopped doing both of> those things and now I see why! The pain of the spur kept me from doing> them. I cannot WAIT to have that thing removed!!!! I'll see the> Orthopedic Surgeon in early April! But, I also have the issue of the> crooked tailbone, so once everything is properly addressed I should be> on my way! Thanks again, Chelle>>

Guest guest

Dont forget to tell me how the tailbone thing comes out... I just fell and hurt mine. They have done an MRI and I will get the results ;tomorrow. Snofyre00Tom wrote: Chelle,They are two sepparate techniques but... the premise is very similar andso is the method by which it helps reset the muscle tone. Counterstrainhas specific leg positions that are held by someone else for 90 seconds toturn the muscles of the pelvic floor completely off and let them reset. But

remeber, if you have not corrected bony mal-position the tension willreturn. For this you need to use Muscle Energy.TKO> Tom, let me see if I'm understanding you correctly...the counterstrain> techniques you talk about so often are directly related to the> 'diaphragms'? So...when you put that weight on my pubic bone and a hand> under the sacrum/coccyx that was to 'reset' the muscles and give them a> break, so to speak? Hence, 'resetting them to original positions'?>> I always struggled with trying to do that when I got home and the roll> for control exercises...because it hurts (badly) to lie flat on my back> (because of the spur). Because of the pain I stopped doing both of> those things and now I see why! The pain of the spur kept me from doing> them. I cannot WAIT to have that thing removed!!!! I'll see the> Orthopedic Surgeon in early April! But, I also have

the issue of the> crooked tailbone, so once everything is properly addressed I should be> on my way! Thanks again, Chelle>>

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.