RemedySpot.com

Hollis - traumeel

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi Hollis:

I used to use Traumeel suggested by also. She had it made up from the compounding pharmacy she deals with. Did she give you that option?

Sherri

-------------- Original message --------------

Melinda,

Hmmm. . . my bottle has 100 tablets. Must be different sizes.

The ten tablets are for making up one batch -- which will last quite a while.

Just be sure to grind them very, very, very finely; otherwise you'll be left

with little sharp pieces which are NOT crotch-friendly, believe me! A mortar

and pestle would probably be easiest, but my method is to put the 10 tablets

in a ceramic cereal bowl, break them down with a metal spoon, and then smoosh/

rub the pieces against the sides over and over until they're turned into an extremely

fine powder. Add to 1 oz. emu oil and store in a glass jar. Per 's directions,

i apply a fingertipful (my term, not hers) to my vulva 3x/day.

Hope this works for you. Tell me how it goes!

Hollis

Hollis,

I was wondering about your traumeel in emu oil potion...I am interested

in trying this as I am pregnant and can't use any of the steroids or

creams I was using, and I already love emu. I bought some traumeel

tablets, but there are only 60 in a bottle...are you using 10 every

single time you apply, or does 10 make up multiple applications?

Melinda

Guest guest

I am going to try this also. I bought a mortar and pestle, but

how you do it makes perfect sense. I have a cat that needs medication that I

mix up in his food the same way you do with the Traumeel. I just take the pill

and a spoon and flattened it to a powder in his cat dish and then mix it in with

his cat food. I don’t know why I didn’t think I couldn’t do the same thing with

the Traumeel and the emu oil. I have to find a glass container now to store it

in. Does it really work well? How much pain does it take away?

nne

VulvarDisorders [mailto:VulvarDisorders ] On

Behalf Of hgz

Sent: Friday, February 29, 2008 6:25 PM

To: VulvarDisorders

Subject: RE: Hollis - traumeel

Melinda,

Hmmm. . . my bottle has 100 tablets. Must be different

sizes.

The ten tablets are for making up one batch -- which will last

quite a while.

Just be sure to grind them very, very, very finely; otherwise

you'll be left

with little sharp pieces which are NOT crotch-friendly, believe

me! A mortar

and pestle would probably be easiest, but my method is to put the

10 tablets

in a ceramic cereal bowl, break them down with a metal spoon, and

then smoosh/

rub the pieces against the sides over and over until they're

turned into an extremely

fine powder. Add to 1 oz. emu oil and store in a glass

jar. Per 's directions,

Hollis

Hollis,

I

was wondering about your traumeel in emu oil potion...I am interested

in

trying this as I am pregnant and can't use any of the steroids or

creams

I was using, and I already love emu. I bought some traumeel

tablets,

but there are only 60 in a bottle...are you using 10 every

single

time you apply, or does 10 make up multiple applications?

Melinda

Guest guest

nne,The glass container isn't absolutely necessary. I just personally want to store any oilin glass, since it can leach chemicals out of plastic containers.For me, it wasn't so much a dramatic change in pain levels (though i do find it soothingand i do think that it IS helpful in that regard) as it was the phenomenal change in myvulvar skin that i hadn't even realized had taken place. When Dr. Kellogg suggested itto me at my initial consulation with her, there was so much skin erosion and capillaryinflammation (i can't remember the technical term) that she was pretty sure i hadlichens planus. Whatever it was, she said it was about the worst example of irritationshe had ever seen, which shocked me, because, while i did think there was some rednessi really didn't think it was THAT bad!When i returned about four months later, prepared to start on steroids for what, at thatpoint, i was SURE was LP (i had experienced some fusion of my inner labia in the interim),she was absolutely blown away by the change. A visiting gyn, who was training with her,even said to me that, if my vulva walked into her office, she would think it looked greatfor a 52 year old (!). The only thing i had been doing differently was the Traumeel/emuoil combo. So, for me it clearly works as an anti-inflammatory treatment. feltthat for someone like me, who's hypersensitive to everthing, the Traumeel is the way togo. She said that steroids aren't needed with how good my skin now looks. Yay!!!!!Hollis > I am going to try this also. I bought a mortar and pestle, but how you do it makes perfect sense. I have a cat that needs medication that I mix up in his food the same way you do with the Traumeel. I just take the pill and a spoon and flattened it to a powder in his cat dish and then mix it in with his cat food. I don’t know why I didn’t think I couldn’t do the same thing with the Traumeel and the emu oil. I have to find a glass container now to store it in. Does it really work well? How much pain does it take away?nne   From: VulvarDisorders   [mailto:VulvarDisorders ]  On Behalf Of hgzSent: Friday, February 29, 2008 6:25 PMTo: VulvarDisorders  Subject: RE: Hollis - traumeel Melinda, Hmmm. . . my bottle has 100 tablets.  Must be different sizes. The ten tablets are for making up one batch -- which will last quite a while.Just be sure to grind them very, very, very finely; otherwise you'll be left with little sharp pieces which are NOT crotch-friendly, believe me!  A mortarand pestle would probably be easiest, but my method is to put the 10 tablets in a ceramic cereal bowl, break them down with a metal spoon, and then smoosh/rub the pieces against the sides over and over until they're turned into an extremely fine powder.  Add to 1 oz. emu oil and store in a glass jar.   Per 's directions,i apply a fingertipful (my term, not hers) to my vulva 3x/day. Hope this works for you.  Tell me how it goes! Hollis Hollis, I was wondering about your traumeel in emu oil potion...I am interested in trying this as I am pregnant and can't use any of the steroids or creams I was using, and I already love emu. I bought some traumeel tablets, but there are only 60 in a bottle...are you using 10 every single time you apply, or does 10 make up multiple applications?  Melinda  

Guest guest

Sherri,Yes she did. But it's cheaper and just easier for me to do it myself. Plus, i like playingaround with stuff like this. . .Did you have any positive response with the Traumeel? What base was used by Custom Prescriptions?Hollis Hi Hollis: I used to use Traumeel suggested by also. She had it made up from the compounding pharmacy she deals with. Did she give you that option? Sherri ------------ -- Original message ------------ -- From: hgz <hgz (AT) verizon (DOT) net> Melinda, Hmmm. . . my bottle has 100 tablets. Must be different sizes. The ten tablets are for making up one batch -- which will last quite a while. Just be sure to grind them very, very, very finely; otherwise you'll be left with little sharp pieces which are NOT crotch-friendly, believe me! A mortar and pestle would probably be easiest, but my method is to put the 10 tablets in a ceramic cereal bowl, break them down with a metal spoon, and then smoosh/ rub the pieces against the sides over and over until they're turned into an extremely fine powder. Add to 1 oz. emu oil and store in a glass jar. Per 's directions, i apply a fingertipful (my term, not hers) to my vulva 3x/day. Hope this works for you. Tell me how it goes! Hollis Hollis, I was wondering about your traumeel in emu oil potion...I am interested in trying this as I am pregnant and can't use any of the steroids or creams I was using, and I already love emu. I bought some traumeel tablets, but there are only 60 in a bottle...are you using 10 every single time you apply, or does 10 make up multiple applications? Melinda

Guest guest

Hi Hollis:

The base was aloe gel. I get everything compounding in aloe gel. I didn't have inprovement with the topical Traumeel. I thought the Traumeel injections worked really well.

Sherri

Sherri,

Yes she did. But it's cheaper and just easier for me to do it myself. Plus, i like playing

around with stuff like this. . .

Did you have any positive response with the Traumeel? What base was used by

Custom Prescriptions?

Hollis

Hi Hollis:

I used to use Traumeel suggested by also. She had it made up from the compounding pharmacy she deals with. Did she give you that option?

Sherri

------------ -- Original message ------------ --

Melinda,

rub the pieces against the sides over and over until they're turned into an extremely

Hollis

Hollis,

Melinda

Guest guest

Sherri,Did you notice an improvement with your first injection? Or was the effect cumulative?I had one -- my first -- at my last appointment and all i can say is that i was thrilled itdidn't cause a flare-up. Besides feeling a little dull ache at the injection site for a fewdays i really didn't notice anything one way or another. It would be nice if i had someonelocally that could give them to me on a regular basis, since i'm just too far from Phillyfor that, but i don't -- at least not yet.Hollis Hi Hollis: The base was aloe gel. I get everything compounding in aloe gel. I didn't have inprovement with the topical Traumeel. I thought the Traumeel injections worked really well. Sherri ------------ -- Original message ------------ -- From: hgz <hgz (AT) verizon (DOT) net> Sherri, Yes she did. But it's cheaper and just easier for me to do it myself. Plus, i like playing around with stuff like this. . . Did you have any positive response with the Traumeel? What base was used by Custom Prescriptions? Hollis On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 9:46 PM, Shopper56 (AT) comcast (DOT) net wrote: Hi Hollis: I used to use Traumeel suggested by also. She had it made up from the compounding pharmacy she deals with. Did she give you that option? Sherri ------------ -- Original message ------------ -- From: hgz <hgz (AT) verizon (DOT) net> Melinda, Hmmm. . . my bottle has 100 tablets. Must be different sizes. The ten tablets are for making up one batch -- which will last quite a while. Just be sure to grind them very, very, very finely; otherwise you'll be left with little sharp pieces which are NOT crotch-friendly, believe me! A mortar and pestle would probably be easiest, but my method is to put the 10 tablets in a ceramic cereal bowl, break them down with a metal spoon, and then smoosh/ rub the pieces against the sides over and over until they're turned into an extremely fine powder. Add to 1 oz. emu oil and store in a glass jar. Per 's directions, i apply a fingertipful (my term, not hers) to my vulva 3x/day. Hope this works for you. Tell me how it goes! Hollis Hollis, I was wondering about your traumeel in emu oil potion...I am interested in trying this as I am pregnant and can't use any of the steroids or creams I was using, and I already love emu. I bought some traumeel tablets, but there are only 60 in a bottle...are you using 10 every single time you apply, or does 10 make up multiple applications? Melinda

Guest guest

When I got the injections I was getting three or four at a time. Two on each side of the vestibule or sometimes two on one side and one on the other. I don't remember how quickly they worked. I went for a series (every 7-10 days for like 2-3 months) to different times. I had gotten pain with sex twice after having a bv infection. The injections worked for that. Since using estradiol I don't get pain after the bv infection anymore.

Sherri

Sherri,

Did you notice an improvement with your first injection? Or was the effect cumulative?

I had one -- my first -- at my last appointment and all i can say is that i was thrilled it

didn't cause a flare-up. Besides feeling a little dull ache at the injection site for a few

days i really didn't notice anything one way or another. It would be nice if i had someone

locally that could give them to me on a regular basis, since i'm just too far from Philly

for that, but i don't -- at least not yet.

Hollis

Hi Hollis:

The base was aloe gel. I get everything compounding in aloe gel. I didn't have inprovement with the topical Traumeel. I thought the Traumeel injections worked really well.

Sherri

Sherri,

Yes she did. But it's cheaper and just easier for me to do it myself. Plus, i like playing

around with stuff like this. . .

Did you have any positive response with the Traumeel? What base was used by

Custom Prescriptions?

Hollis

On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 9:46 PM, Shopper56 (AT) comcast (DOT) net wrote:

Hi Hollis:

Sherri

Melinda,

Hollis

Hollis,

Melinda

Guest guest

Oh, gee. . . Your mentioning that reminded me that i have one, too, as part of a pillcutter freebee i got from iHerbs.com at one point. I'll have to try it out and see howit compares to my method.Hollis Hollis, Thanks for the info. I bought a pill crusher that turns pills into powder for mixing into beverages. Going to try that! Melinda