RemedySpot.com

Bladder Infections or Hormones

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I know several of you have been diagnosed with IC, in addition to the v. pain, like myself, so I wanted to send this in hoping it might help. It's another excerpt from Vliet's book...("Screaming to Be Heard). I have found a big correlation between my estrogen level and bladder symptoms. Hope this info helps someone...~Chelle "...burning, frequency and urgency have many causes. Not all causes are due to infections. Repeated use of antibiotics creates problems with resistant bacteria and with chronic yeast infections. So make sure you take the responsible course of action, and go see your doctor for a urinalysis and urine culture before you start on antibiotics. I also think it is important to have your hormone levels checked if you are having problems with burning, frequency, urgency, or leaking of

urine. Many people don't realize the degree to which loss of estrogen plays a role in causing these changes during and after menopause. Rather than continuing to think you have an infection and taking antibiotics, I think it is far more effective to assess the possible hormone causes and address this problem directly, perhaps first with a vaginal estrogen cream or by taking one of the hormone therapy regimens if your doctor feels that is appropriate for you. If estradiol blood levels are below the 50-60 pg/ml range, it is highly likely that this is a major cause of urinary problems."