RemedySpot.com

? about Hormone testing

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

So when I go to my doc and tell her that I want my hormone levels

checked, which hormones are we checking? All hormones, including

steroids or do we focus on sex hormones (estrogen, testosterone)?

Guest guest

sex hormones, the FSH levels.

? about Hormone testing

So when I go to my doc and tell her that I want my hormone levels

checked, which hormones are we checking? All hormones, including

steroids or do we focus on sex hormones (estrogen, testosterone)?

Supercharge your AIM. Get the AIM toolbar for your browser.

Guest guest

snailsgal wrote: >>>>>>>>So when I go to my doc and tell her that I want my hormone levelschecked, which hormones are we checking? All hormones, includingsteroids or do we focus on sex hormones (estrogen, testosterone)? Hey there , sorry I'm slow replying, my little one turned five Friday! As for hormone testing, here are the tests I've had: Estradiol (most important estrogen to have tested) Testosterone Total Testosterone Free Progesterone LH FSH Hormone testing is tricky. It's important to learn all you can about the testing. There are certain days to test throughout the cycle that

will give a more accurate picture than random day testing, UNLESS you are menopausal. When menopausal you can have your levels checked anytime. You should not have testing done if you are on the pill or I would also think when you are nursing. Or using 'anything' that would impact your 'normal' levels. I learned about testing and 'when' to test and what to look for from Vliet's book - "Screaming to be Heard". Hugs, Chelle

Guest guest

I know there are certain times in the cycle when it's best to get tested. And I don't want to just be randomly tested because that will not be as useful of a result. However, one of the issues I'm having now is that my cycle is completely out of whack. Since I came off BCP's, I only have roughly every 7-14 days between cycles instead of a normal cycle. I don't want to go on any birth control that would regulate me until I'm able to do the hormone testing, because I want a sense of what *my* normal is before I make it normal, if that makes sense? The thing is, given this, I'm having a hard time judging when I should be getting tested. Should I just be using the times and adjusting them to what my cycle is now? Or should I use the cycle times as if my cylce was normal? Thoughts/suggestions would be appreciated. : )

Thanks,

~~

snailsgal wrote:

>>>>>>>>So when I go to my doc and tell her that I want my hormone levelschecked, which hormones are we checking? All hormones, includingsteroids or do we focus on sex hormones (estrogen, testosterone)?

Hey there , sorry I'm slow replying, my little one turned five Friday!

As for hormone testing, here are the tests I've had:

Estradiol (most important estrogen to have tested)

Testosterone Total

Testosterone Free

Progesterone

LH

FSH

Hormone testing is tricky. It's important to learn all you can about the testing. There are certain days to test throughout the cycle that will give a more accurate picture than random day testing, UNLESS you are menopausal. When menopausal you can have your levels checked anytime. You should not have testing done if you are on the pill or I would also think when you are nursing. Or using 'anything' that would impact your 'normal' levels.

I learned about testing and 'when' to test and what to look for from Vliet's book - " Screaming to be Heard " . Hugs, Chelle