I remember feeling like just giving up....I had tried 12 different

treatments in a year, all unsuccessful! PT was my past hope and I was

DETERMINED to stick with it, so I just did it. It was not fun because

it's a lot of work but it worked! You have to know that eventually,

something will work, and that life cannot just be given over to this

disease. But we are all allowed to have those days where we just feel

like nothing will ever be better. I have them occasionally now that I'm

pregnant and can't do any treatments...it's frustrating but I will be

back into treatments someday and it's always only a matter of time...

Melinda C. in Mass.

Guest guest

Chelle,

You are SO right about telling people...I felt so burdened and alone

till I shared this horrible-ness with a few very close friends. They

pray for me, don't judge me, and just listen. I would go to counseling

as well if I felt the need, it can be very helpful to have someone

objective to just listen.

Melinda C. in Mass.

Guest guest

I can really honestly relate to you. The hardest part is dealing with the pain, and you ask will this ever end? I want to have intercourse and have kids someday. I get so depressed sometimes but I still hang onto that thread of hope.

Tina.

Just a few thoughts...

So i've been part of this group for a really long time, but haven't been too involved with the group or my treatment. I think it got to the point where..i lost the will to even try to treat myself b/c it felt like there was no point and that whatever i had...would just keep going on. I've been like that with PT, my gyno, and keeping up with my estrogen/lidocaine compound treatments. My question was, how do people manage to stay motivated in situations like these? I'm also probably going to see a therapist soon since it's worn down on me so much.

Guest guest

I to need that human contact to relate to others. What State are you in? I live in Virginia Beach

Re: Just a few thoughts...

>> So i've been part of this group for a really long time, but haven't > been too involved with the group or my treatment. I think it got to > the point where..i lost the will to even try to treat myself b/c it > felt like there was no point and that whatever i had...would just keep > going on. I've been like that with PT, my gyno, and keeping up with my > estrogen/lidocaine compound treatments. My question was, how do people > manage to stay motivated in situations like these? I'm also probably > going to see a therapist soon since it's worn down on me so much.>Dear Starry Dust, I read alot of web posts on several sites. I have posted many times over the last two years. I , personally, have come to the conclusion that I also need to TALK more - therapy or a Women's group perhaps. All the stuff written here is wonderful...there is a great deal of encouragement and support. But, it feels like a black box to me sometimes when I am low. There ia NVA contact in my state and she has had 3 meetings....real, live sit downs with other women. Each one I have had to miss because of travelling or something. But, isnt that a great idea? So, I encourage you to seek the human touch you may need - think I will do the same. I will never stop reading and posting here though! Email if youd like. na