RemedySpot.com

Re: Hormone testing -

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi , I'll try to give you some input, but can I ask you a few questions? Do you see a correlation to your hormones and your v.pain? Is that why you want to get them tested or do you just want to know for a reference point from here on out? It's almost funny because everything you read about cycles always refers to the average 28 day cycle, which most women do not have an exact 28 day cycle every month, if ever. I suggest tracking your cycles from this point on (for at least a couple of cycles). Trying to peg down your Progesterone levels will be the hardest. Here are some suggestions for now: Estradiol: Day 1-3 Day 1 being the first day you bleed, which is also the first day of the cycle. The first three days of your period is when Estradiol (main dominant estrogen produced by the

ovaries) is at it's absolute lowest. Testosterone: can be tested anyday of the cycle I read where a Psychiatrist said to test the T. levels in mid afternoon. If you test early in the morning, not long after waking up, your T. levels are at their highest...later in the evening they fall to their lowest...so mid-afternoon will give a more accurate level. It's good to have the T. total and the Free T. levels checked. I personally go by Dr. Vliet's info and she says the Free T. should be between 1-2% of the Total amount. Progesterone: test in the mid-luteal phase Here's the tricky one. The Luteal phase begins when you ovulate and runs until day 1 bleed, it's best to test P. levels at the mid point between the two. So, when your cycles are not consistent, it can be tricky trying to pinpoint this test. If you really did have an exact 28

day cycle, mid luteal would be days 20 - 22. When I first got tested I had my Estradiol levels, Progesterone and T. total and Free T. all during the mid luteal phase...then I went back and had my Estradiol level checked on day one bleed about a week later. I hope this makes sense.... When it comes to what ranges are correct, you'll have to study and decide what makes sense to you. Again, I go by Vliet's info, lab ranges for hormones vary depending on the lab. ;) ~Chelle

Guest guest

Hi , I'll try to give you some input, but can I ask you a few questions? Do you see a correlation to your hormones and your v.pain? Is that why you want to get them tested or do you just want to know for a reference point from here on out? It's almost funny because everything you read about cycles always refers to the average 28 day cycle, which most women do not have an exact 28 day cycle every month, if ever. I suggest tracking your cycles from this point on (for at least a couple of cycles). Trying to peg down your Progesterone levels will be the hardest. Here are some suggestions for now: Estradiol: Day 1-3 Day 1 being the first day you bleed, which is also the first day of the cycle. The first three days of your period is when Estradiol (main dominant estrogen produced by the

ovaries) is at it's absolute lowest. Testosterone: can be tested anyday of the cycle I read where a Psychiatrist said to test the T. levels in mid afternoon. If you test early in the morning, not long after waking up, your T. levels are at their highest...later in the evening they fall to their lowest...so mid-afternoon will give a more accurate level. It's good to have the T. total and the Free T. levels checked. I personally go by Dr. Vliet's info and she says the Free T. should be between 1-2% of the Total amount. Progesterone: test in the mid-luteal phase Here's the tricky one. The Luteal phase begins when you ovulate and runs until day 1 bleed, it's best to test P. levels at the mid point between the two. So, when your cycles are not consistent, it can be tricky trying to pinpoint this test. If you really did have an exact 28

day cycle, mid luteal would be days 20 - 22. When I first got tested I had my Estradiol levels, Progesterone and T. total and Free T. all during the mid luteal phase...then I went back and had my Estradiol level checked on day one bleed about a week later. I hope this makes sense.... When it comes to what ranges are correct, you'll have to study and decide what makes sense to you. Again, I go by Vliet's info, lab ranges for hormones vary depending on the lab. ;) ~Chelle

Guest guest

Before I got pregnant (16 weeks ago now!) I had horribly irregular

cycles and was pursuing hormone testing and working with an

endocrinologist. When they did my testing, they did the tests on Day 3

and 20 like they're supposed to, but of course the day 20 tests were

way off because I hadn't ovulated yet like most people have on day 20,

which tells them something. SO I think you can have it done like

everyone else, you just get the lab orders written up and wait for your

period to start...but not sure how useful it will be. I was on my way

to finding out when I got sidetracked. =)

Melinda