RemedySpot.com

Re: urogyne or Dr Goldstein? PS

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I also agree with Chelle. Spending money on new docs is part of this. Most docs will not see you without a charge whether they help you or not. I wish I could get paid for saying SORRY, I can not help you!

BlueeberriCreate a Home Theater Like the Pros. Watch the video on AOL Home.

Guest guest

Seriously...DON'T PAY IT!!!! Or at least put up a decent fight. Send a letter, CC it to the medical board, your state's managed care organization, the hospital customer service (hah!) department, etc. I'm not saying get yourself sent to collections, but send them a token payment of $20 until you get it straightened out. Also, a dirty little secret is that doctors charge $250 (let's say) for a 10 minute visit or so. Insurance companies have them talked down to let's say $175. They will charge some poor person without insurance the full $250 but a rich ins company only $175. Ask them to reduce their price because you're paying out of pocket. Tell them you were not helped and you won't pay more than the copay and see what they say. Yes they can send you to collections, but they can also say "Ok, we'll take $50," or "If you pay in full now we will reduce it by $XX" or "Ok, no charge." Take your power back. Lindsey

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

Guest guest

Urogyns are like any other doc - some are helpful, some stink. My

pelvic floor PT works with a urogyn. and I would see her if I had to.

But it is frustrating doing all the trial and error we have to do to

find the right person, huh?

Melinda

Guest guest

Grrrrreat response Lindsey *grin*

Loved it... and nice to see your name again, missed you all SO much. ;) hugsDee

Re: urogyne or Dr Goldstein? PS

Seriously...DON'T PAY IT!!!! Or at least put up a decent fight. Send a letter, CC it to the medical board, your state's managed care organization, the hospital customer service (hah!) department, etc. I'm not saying get yourself sent to collections, but send them a token payment of $20 until you get it straightened out. Also, a dirty little secret is that doctors charge $250 (let's say) for a 10 minute visit or so. Insurance companies have them talked down to let's say $175. They will charge some poor person without insurance the full $250 but a rich ins company only $175. Ask them to reduce their price because you're paying out of pocket.

Tell them you were not helped and you won't pay more than the copay and see what they say. Yes they can send you to collections, but they can also say "Ok, we'll take $50," or "If you pay in full now we will reduce it by $XX" or "Ok, no charge." Take your power back.

Lindsey

Guest guest

My primary care physician's office gives you a THIRTY PERCENT discount

if you are paying out of pocket and you pay on the spot rather than

asking to be billed, because so many people that get billed never pay.

I had a two week period where I didn't have insurance and had to go in -

my charge would have beeen $75 but I paid $50 in cash then and there

and was done with it. Interesting, huh?

Melinda