RemedySpot.com

RE: Joyce Dalton

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I am so sad to hear the news about Joyce. She was one of the most courageous women I have ever known. She will truly be missed. This group will not be the same without her. I know she did not suffer at the end and she is at peace now. Bless her heart. She was a wonderful woman.

CaroASTHMA 1976,OSTEOARTHRITIS 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/07, UIP 01/08, RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS 03/08 SJOGREN SYNDROME 07/08Mississippi

Subject: RE: Joyce DaltonTo: Breathe-Support Date: Wednesday, September 17, 2008, 9:15 AM

I’m so sorry to hear that Joyce has lost her extended battle with this terrible disease. I can only offer the following quote from a Warren Hansen book.

"I will travel empty-handed. There is not a single thing I have collected in my life that I would ever want to bring except … the love of those who loved me, and the warmth of those who cared. The happiness and memories and the magic that we shared.” by Warren Hansen

The entire board has certainly shared magic, memories, warmth and love with this angel

Ken Baker UIP/IPF 12/05 New Hampshire

From: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. com [mailto: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. com ] On Behalf Of BethSent: Tuesday, September 16, 2008 10:12 AMTo: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. comSubject: Joyce Dalton

Good morning group,

Unfortunately this morning I have to pass along sad news. Last night at 10 o'clock our queen, Joyce Dalton passed away in her sleep. I'm copying and pasting an email that some of us received from her youngest daughter Gretchen. It's comforting for me to know that she did not suffer at the end.

I know you all join with me in extending our sympathy and condolances to her family. Joyce was one of the most courageous women I've ever had the pleasure of knowing. I met her last fall in Chattanooga . She and her wonderful husband Lucien made that trip when she was on 6-8 liters of continuous O2. It was amazing then and still strikes me as amazing now.

I will keep you all informed as arrangements for her memorial service are made.

Here is the email from Gretchen:

Last night, at approximately 10pm, Joyce Dalton passed away. She had been hospitalized since Wednesday evening, and deteriorated each day. She passed away in her sleep, taking each breathe slower than the one prior. No pain, no fear. A memorial service is tentatively planned for next Saturday (in 12 days) at Kraft Funeral in sville , IN. She will be cremated in the coming days. Thanks to all of you who loved and supported her these final years. She thought highly of you, and so enjoyed her time with the group. Best Wishes, Gretchen (youngest daughter)

Beth

Age 49 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 UCTD 07/08

Change everything. Love and Forgive

Thanks Leanne ... a card will go out tomorrow.

MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Joyce Dalton

Hello all,If anyone is planning on attending Joyce's service, here is the hotel info:20 rooms of various types (singles, doubles, handicapped) are booked at the Hampton Inn in Corydon. Hot breakfast is included with the room. General Manager, Powers . Room rate will be discounted to $89 + tax. The rooms are reserved under "Dalton Family," and must be claimed by this Saturday evening (9/20) or they will release them to the public. Guests should call 1- to make reservations. Address is 2455 Landmark Avenue, Corydon, Indiana, 47112.Also, if you'd like to send a condolence card, here's the address:Lucian Dalton501 Park Ridge Roadtown, IN 47122I am just so heartbroken over this. Joyce was a wonderful woman and my hero. She helped me in so many ways deal with this monster. What a fighter! She never gave up. She shared the bad with the good most oftentimes with a sense of humor. I'm going to add my thoughts to those on the board who have said this before me, but we all have an angel watching over us.... Leanne