RemedySpot.com

Re: I have a call into pulmo about Nutri-system

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hello Lou,

I'm on that prednisone too. I found a pulmonary rehab center and 2x a week a go for exercise. They give you O2 and a heart monitor and we exercise on various machines for about an hr. It is beginning to help. Of course diet helps too. The prednisone makes you crave all the bad carbs. I have to control my desire to snack on cookies.

I am 72 and hoping like all of us to be on earth for many more years.

Wilma - IPF 10/05 RA - 06 or 07. Psssst...Have you heard the news? There's a new fashion blog, plus the latest fall trends and hair styles at StyleList.com.

Hi Lou,

I agree the weight gain is horrid! And it is so terribly hard to lose. I tried Nutri system for a few months. It works if you stick to it and you don't have to cook for family. Since I have been on prednisone I found that the South Beach diet and the anti inflamation diet by Dr. Perricone both work if you can stick to them. In a nutshell they both include lots of vegies, a little fruit, lean protein ( preferably fish) and no bread, pasta, rice, corn or fried foods. I lost 15 pounds before this summer and then!!! went off the diet when all of my kids were here and gained 14 pounds back! I started back on the anti inflammation this week and have lost 2 pounds already. A typical day would be this:

Breakfast- 2 eggs scrambled with a sprinkling of cheese, cantalope or berries or 1 cup oatmeal w/fruit

Snack- piece of fruit preferably cantalope, berries or green apple ( all are anti inflammatory)

Lunch- Large salad,with 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice and 1 tablespoon olive oil, grilled chicken or fish, brocoli

Snack- Cheese, stick or 2 oz lean protein

Dinner- Chicken or fish , salad, broccoli

Snack-Green apple

If you don't cheat the weight comes off , slowly because of the prednisone and low exercise factor, but it does come off. I bought the book "The Perricone Promise" used off of Amazon and besides the diet and recipes, it also includes some really nice stretching and low impact exercise to do each day. Good luck-

R. (52) Sarcoid/PF 3/2006 Carlsbad, California

Subject: I have a call into pulmo about Nutri-systemTo: Breathe-Support Date: Wednesday, September 17, 2008, 12:08 PM

Have any of you ever tried it in desperation? ? I am desperate to lose this cotton-pickin weight of 55lb. It is horrid. I eat like a bird now, fat bird. haaha I want to discuss my lung xrays with him that I had done last week too as he was on vacation. The lungs did show more honeycombing and smaller or tighter. Want to see what he says about those as they are already on his computer anyhow.I just want to do something about my weight. I am 74 and man is it ever tough to lose it. Just want to know what you all do to keep your weight off off off off off. .........MARY LOUI LOVE YOU THIS DAYIPF - 02

ML ... I fight weight like you do. I have little to no appetite, eat very little...mostly fruit which I crave and maybe something like a Hot Pocket or some such thing. I do have some ice cream, but still it seems like I would lose weight.

I know how you feel.

I tried Nutri-System once. I thought it surely would be a good way to diet. I couldn't go the food. To spicy and "tomatoey" for me . I know the spelling is wrong.

I didn't know until after my first order and return that I could have ordered my own food preferences.

Keep on keepin' on friend.

MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

I have a call into pulmo about Nutri-system

Have any of you ever tried it in desperation?? I am desperate to lose this cotton-pickin weight of 55lb. It is horrid. I eat like a bird now, fat bird. haaha I want to discuss my lung xrays with him that I had done last week too as he was on vacation. The lungs did show more honeycombing and smaller or tighter. Want to see what he says about those as they are already on his computer anyhow.I just want to do something about my weight. I am 74 and man is it ever tough to lose it. Just want to know what you all do to keep your weight off off off off off. .........MARY LOUI LOVE YOU THIS DAYIPF - 02