RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Crisis Time

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Bruce ... once again you echo my thoughts.

MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Re: Crisis Time

There is the time I would have felt all the anxiety of the economy. Now,I realize that its not something I can solve and that I've got plenty ofother things more important to happiness than that. The same thing withother affairs of the world. The keys to our enjoyment of life are veryclose to us and most of them are things we can control or at leastmanage. I'm not at all unsympathetic to those more directly impacted bythe greed and mismanagement of others-I know that world better thanmost. But I know that we can find happiness in simple ways with familyand friends and food and housing and safety. I would say health, butguess I'm not healthy and still pretty happy. I wish I'd learned theselessons long ago.I know some would say to worry about future generations too. Well, Ihave concern about what they face. At the same time, maybe rather thanworry we should really teach them the lessons we have learned, how tofind happiness, and what's really important in life. It's not the sizeof the house or the cost of the cars. Not being political, much of whatwe see is the obsessive and excessive pursuit of wealth on the part of afew. Well, that pursuit takes down huge companies, but more than that ittears individuals and families apart. Both parents work ridiculous hourswith no vacations to have big homes they only sleep in, fancy cars theyonly drive to work in, and to provide for kids they are able to spendlittle time with and sometimes not really know. We see kids thinkingabout careers and instead of saying "you'll love that" we say "you'llnever make any money doing that." I see parents disappointed when theirchildren choose to change their majors in college to become teachers orsocial workers instead of lawyers or doctors. I have the poorest healthof my life, the least income I've had since I was very young (and thatis a long time ago) and the smallest apartment and, yet, I'm thehappiest of my life.Well, off my soap box. Yes, ....I know you're not surprised that gotme wound up. But, I do like your message and reminder.>>> My guess is that a lot of you are feeling quietly anxious about WallSt> & all that the instability means. Without being political I just want> you to know we're all in this together in the aftermath & to remindyou> ( & ME) that ALL that really matters is food on the table, a roof over> our heads & our families safe!>> in Oz>