RemedySpot.com

Re: Shaving question

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I wax ... shaving caused too much discomfort.My waxer is aware of my vulvar issues and is very careful and uses mild wax (no perfumes in it) Sincerely, Neely Shaving question

This is kind of an embarrassing question, but not sure who else to ask here. For me it's very difficult to see the skin changes etc and I'd like to shave my pubic area...I've done it a long time ago and it itches terribly as it grows in and if you shave all the time it gets irritated. I'm debating on doing it again because it would be much easier for me to notice skin changes. Also, it'll be more difficult to tell if the itching is from LS or if it's just irritated from shaving....

Any suggestions or does anyone have any experience with this?

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

I would suggest shaving, but only once every month or so. Yes it does grow back a little but you are still able to see the skin. I have noticed that if I shave much more than that the skin gets chafed and it seems to hurt more. Of course just use water of a very soft shaving cream. I found on a sex toy website ironically enough something called cucci shaving crem that was gental. Don't use any of the shaving substitutes either such as nair. I do say this from expierience... It hurt. Expect after shaving allot of general itching of the shaved area. It seems that hair wants to make a statement when it grows back in. I hope this helps

Candi

May i ask on general how much it costs to get that area waxxed? Usually I'm a bold person but calling with that question to different places for some reason makes me quite nervice.

Candi

May i ask on general how much it costs to get that area waxxed? Usually I'm a bold person but calling with that question to different places for some reason makes me quite nervice.

Candi

Hi Candi,No problem, I probably wouldn't call around with that question either!My waxer is fairly inexpensive.When I'm NOT looking to go "bald" (LOL) and just want a general clean-up, it's only $20.In the summer when I prefer to go Brazillian, it's around $40.(though I'm in Toronto, Canada - not sure what prices are like in the US). Sincerely, Neely Re: Shaving question

Candi

Hi Candi,No problem, I probably wouldn't call around with that question either!My waxer is fairly inexpensive.When I'm NOT looking to go "bald" (LOL) and just want a general clean-up, it's only $20.In the summer when I prefer to go Brazillian, it's around $40.(though I'm in Toronto, Canada - not sure what prices are like in the US). Sincerely, Neely Re: Shaving question

Candi

I've never tried that, but it looks so painful! Lol I get my eyebrows waxed and that's bad enough! Lol

Does it make it less itchy if you do it on a regular basis?

And yes, I'm pretty embarrassed about the question, lol.

Hugs-

Ivy

-- Re: Shaving question

Hi Candi,No problem, I probably wouldn't call around with that question either!My waxer is fairly inexpensive.When I'm NOT looking to go "bald" (LOL) and just want a general clean-up, it's only $20.In the summer when I prefer to go Brazillian, it's around $40.(though I'm in Toronto, Canada - not sure what prices are like in the US).

Sincerely, Neely

Candi

I've never tried that, but it looks so painful! Lol I get my eyebrows waxed and that's bad enough! Lol

Does it make it less itchy if you do it on a regular basis?

And yes, I'm pretty embarrassed about the question, lol.

Hugs-

Ivy

-- Re: Shaving question

Hi Candi,No problem, I probably wouldn't call around with that question either!My waxer is fairly inexpensive.When I'm NOT looking to go "bald" (LOL) and just want a general clean-up, it's only $20.In the summer when I prefer to go Brazillian, it's around $40.(though I'm in Toronto, Canada - not sure what prices are like in the US).

Sincerely, Neely

Candi

Yep, I know about the itching, like I said, when I was younger I tried it and swore I'd never do it again, lol.

What's funny is that recently my husband had very extensive surgery to repair 4 aneurysms and they had to open him up from breastbone down past his thigh. They had to shave his chest and he liked the way it felt bald....but, as it grew back he went nuts itching, lol. That was funny (for me, not for him, lol).

I wonder if waxing the pubic area is easier if you shave first?? Anyone know?

Ivy

Well the fun part is if it is or isn't on the list. I get amusement out of my vissual impairment. going in to a nice spa and asking someone behind the counter... It is an image only good enough for something crazy like utube.

Candi

Well the fun part is if it is or isn't on the list. I get amusement out of my vissual impairment. going in to a nice spa and asking someone behind the counter... It is an image only good enough for something crazy like utube.

Candi