RemedySpot.com

Re: Hi Beth............................................................

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Jack,

That's a very sweet story. Dementia in all it's forms whether it's Alzheimers or some other form such the one my friends mother suffers from is just a horror. It robs a family of the person they used to know and love and leaves a shell that looks like the loved one but the resemblance sometimes ends there. My own parents are so far doing ok, especially my Mom. She's still pretty sharp all in all. My Dad less so but not too bad when I consider all the factors that are in play for him.

Thanks for sharing that story Jack!

Beth

Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 UCTD 07/08

Change everything. Love and Forgive

Hi Beth........ ......... ......... ......... ......... ......... .......

I just read your post and related so very much with it. I can not believe you are working so hard. Taking care of mild dementia is bad enough, but my Daughter 's Mother-in law is in a home here in Richmond. She really needs it. She has recently been put into the locked area for Alzheimers. She has had severe dementia for a few years now, but this past year has been really "out of it". It is so sad to see her that way because she was so vibrant, alive, rich, rich, rich, rich, etc. Anyhow, when the kids had to give away all her clothes, they all went to Goodwill. I can not imagine how many thousands of dollars of beautiful clothes she had. When she was very well a few years back, she and I used to lunch all the time, she always bought all her clothes at Dillards and Hechts, now Macy's. My goodness, she was a smart dresser though and had her hair done every week, the whole schmeer, but always looked

great. She and her sister (from Chicago) who I converse with a lot were born in war torn Germany during the Hitler reign. She used to "heil hitler" every day. She and her sister were raised in an orphanage as their mom and dad were killed when they were small girls. The stories which has come out of the sisters is unreal. Such a shame. My parents fortunately, never had dementia of any kind, they, like us, just watched their bodies deteriorate of old age before their eyes. They lived to be almost 100, God Bless them both. It was awful to watch them together in a nursing home in SD. They shared a room, but a brand new home it was then in 1986.My daughter does her Patsy Cline, Standard songs, and jazz and Women of Country (which is all of them) at the SPRING ARBOR HERE in Richmond. A job I put on for her about 4 years ago. She still sings there every month. was called the other

day by Charlie Dick again, Patsy Cline's husband in Berkeley Springs, WV to ask her to sing on Oct. 20, at the Troubadore Lounge there again. But this time they are going to pay her well. Guess they really liked her. She will sing from 9pm=12am. She and Dennis will stay the night there in a motel. I am so proud of her, but not because of that, for sure, because she is my angel of mercy in more ways than one. I do worry about her traveling on the highways so much every day, but she sings herself songs and listens to book tapes and radio programs she enjoys along the way.Rambling.... ......... .......I LOVE YOU THIS DAY!MARY LOUIPF -02

Hi MB,

I have a step grandmother who suffers from Alzheimer's. A few months ago before she went to the nursing home, my dad was taking care of her with my Grandpa, who died in March. He would go to their house every Wednesday for the last 9 years to take them to get groceries, etc. Well, this particular week he walked in the house to find my Grandpa sitting in his recliner as usual. Daddy asked where my Grandma was and Grandpa said she was sleeping. All of sudden, she comes running down the hall in her B-day suit ready to go shopping!! What a hoot!!

My mom's dad, my Papaw, died from Alzheimer's when my oldest son who is now 31 was just a baby. I remember taking my son to see him at the nursing home. At the time, my son was barely old enough to walk, but big enough not to want to be held, so I let him out of my lap to walk around the room. My Papaw started yelling at me, "Pick him up!! He's stepping on my chickens!!"

Something I will surely never forget!! Bless them both and you, too!! CaroASTHMA 1976,OSTEOARTHRITIS 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/07, UIP 01/08, RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS 03/08 SJOGREN SYNDROME 07/08Mississippi

Subject: Re: Hi Beth............................................................To: Breathe-Support Date: Thursday, September 18, 2008, 8:55 PM

Jack,

That's a very sweet story. Dementia in all it's forms whether it's Alzheimers or some other form such the one my friends mother suffers from is just a horror. It robs a family of the person they used to know and love and leaves a shell that looks like the loved one but the resemblance sometimes ends there. My own parents are so far doing ok, especially my Mom. She's still pretty sharp all in all. My Dad less so but not too bad when I consider all the factors that are in play for him.

Thanks for sharing that story Jack!

Beth

Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 UCTD 07/08

Change everything. Love and Forgive

Hi Beth........ ......... ......... ......... ......... ......... .......

I just read your post and related so very much with it. I can not believe you are working so hard. Taking care of mild dementia is bad enough, but my Daughter 's Mother-in law is in a home here in Richmond. She really needs it. She has recently been put into the locked area for Alzheimers. She has had severe dementia for a few years now, but this past year has been really "out of it". It is so sad to see her that way because she was so vibrant, alive, rich, rich, rich, rich, etc. Anyhow, when the kids had to give away all her clothes, they all went to Goodwill. I can not imagine how many thousands of dollars of beautiful clothes she had. When she was very well a few years back, she and I used to lunch all the time, she always bought all her clothes at Dillards and Hechts, now Macy's. My goodness, she was a smart dresser though and had her hair done every week, the whole schmeer, but always

looked great. She and her sister (from Chicago) who I converse with a lot were born in war torn Germany during the Hitler reign. She used to "heil hitler" every day. She and her sister were raised in an orphanage as their mom and dad were killed when they were small girls. The stories which has come out of the sisters is unreal. Such a shame. My parents fortunately, never had dementia of any kind, they, like us, just watched their bodies deteriorate of old age before their eyes. They lived to be almost 100, God Bless them both. It was awful to watch them together in a nursing home in SD. They shared a room, but a brand new home it was then in 1986.My daughter does her Patsy Cline, Standard songs, and jazz and Women of Country (which is all of them) at the SPRING ARBOR HERE in Richmond. A job I put on for her about 4 years ago. She still sings there every month. was called the

other day by Charlie Dick again, Patsy Cline's husband in Berkeley Springs, WV to ask her to sing on Oct. 20, at the Troubadore Lounge there again. But this time they are going to pay her well. Guess they really liked her. She will sing from 9pm=12am. She and Dennis will stay the night there in a motel. I am so proud of her, but not because of that, for sure, because she is my angel of mercy in more ways than one. I do worry about her traveling on the highways so much every day, but she sings herself songs and listens to book tapes and radio programs she enjoys along the way.Rambling.... ......... .......I LOVE YOU THIS DAY!MARY LOUIPF -02