RemedySpot.com

Re: I had a frustrating day today

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Bruce,

I called my PCP this morning and I got home a few minutes ago and they had called before 2:00 pm. I always have to go and exercise on Wednesday afternoon. I called back at 3:10 and got stupid voicemail. I left a stupid answer!!! This morning I thought: That doctors' office (at Siskin( is running over me and I am not going to put up with it. Especially since this is the second time. I have a hard time describing the neuropathy in my feet. I have had some shooting pains in my big toes but it's not like a pain on the pain scale. I guess I will always have tingly feet. I am sitting here waiting on the PCP's nurse to call back. She told me to!!!!!

Toodles!

Jane UIP/IPF 12/1998 Dalton, Georgia aka pianolady_musicgirl

> >> >> > Hi! I am so frustrated and upset. I went to the rehab doctor today for> > a 2 month follow-up in Chattanooga at Siskin. I was a patient 4 years> > ago when I was relearning everything!> >> > The original doctor that took care of me 4 years ago left after I had> > been home about 15 months. I didn't know he had left until I appear> > at my next apointment and no one is there. I think a PA came in and I> > told her I was not happy about these circumstances of not being> > informed. Next visit, they have hired a new PA and I really like him.> > He was so encouraging. He prescribed my medication and prescribed> > therapy for me twice. (PT) He wanted me to bring copies of my tests> > from Emory (Step Trial).> >> > I don't remember how long he was there but I know it was a good while.> > My appointment for Thursday was changed to today. So I went and this> > nice PA has left. Another doctor, that I didm't even know came in and> > he knew nothing about me. He didn't even listen to me or check my> > strength. Nothing!!! I asked how olong he had been there and he said 3> > years. So I wouln't have known him. But he is moving away next week!> >> > So I am trying to figure out what to do. I may call them and tell them> > I will never be back there.> >> > Jane UIP/IPF 12/1998 Dalton, Georgia aka pianolady_musicgirl> >>

Jane ... oh my gosh, what a frustrating day alright!

I find that in the teaching hospitals. Here today, gone tomorrow. I have occasionally had a letter from a Dr. but I think only twice. Part of the reason I stopped going to OHSU in Portland. Absolutely nothing personal and everything impersonal!

I think medical care is just changing...it's in your area, my area and all in between. Certainly in Canada!

I of course wish you well in this go-around.

MamaSher, age 69. IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

I had a frustrating day today

Hi! I am so frustrated and upset. I went to the rehab doctor today for a 2 month follow-up in Chattanooga at Siskin. I was a patient 4 years ago when I was relearning everything!

The original doctor that took care of me 4 years ago left after I had been home about 15 months. I didn't know he had left until I appear at my next apointment and no one is there. I think a PA came in and I told her I was not happy about these circumstances of not being informed. Next visit, they have hired a new PA and I really like him. He was so encouraging. He prescribed my medication and prescribed therapy for me twice. (PT) He wanted me to bring copies of my tests from Emory (Step Trial).

I don't remember how long he was there but I know it was a good while. My appointment for Thursday was changed to today. So I went and this nice PA has left. Another doctor, that I didm't even know came in and he knew nothing about me. He didn't even listen to me or check my strength. Nothing!!! I asked how olong he had been there and he said 3 years. So I wouln't have known him. But he is moving away next week!

So I am trying to figure out what to do. I may call them and tell them I will never be back there.

Jane UIP/IPF 12/1998 Dalton, Georgia aka pianolady_musicgirl