Re: Poor and Pink Joyce

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Bruce, What I understand is ...they will

attempt to finish the game tomorrow ( but it's supposed to be worse

tomorrow)..

..or they will do so on Wednesday...

when this miserable storm is finished. The field was a swamp!!! They

should have stopped at least 30 minutes sooner.

If they had decided to just call it a complete game ( it was offically

a game after the 5th)...they would have had to basically erase the

Rays' second run because the

Phillies had not had their at- bat in the

bottom of the 6th inning. So, the Rays have had sort of a repreive for

now.

Anyway, it's fun!!! Crazy but fun.

Sorry, Peggy!

Z fibriotic NSIP/05

Z 64,

fibriotic NSIP/o5/PA

And “mild”

PH/10/07 and Reynaud’s too!!

No, NSIP was not

self-inflicted…I never smoked!

Potter,

reader,carousel lover and MomMom to

Darah

and Sara

“I’m gonna

be iron like a lion in Zion” Bob Marley

Vinca

Minor-periwinkle is my flower

Bruce Moreland wrote:

So close.......and then the rains and now the game suspended

indefinitely as tomorrow is suppose to be worse. When it does the score

is 2-2 in the bottom of the sixth and they just need this game to win it

all. Even mother nature has it in for the Phillies it seems. This is the

first suspended World Series Game in history. Wonder if they are staring

at the tv waiting for it to finish or sitting in the rain waiting. This

is really sad for all the fans but nothing to do about it I guess.

No virus found in this incoming message.

Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com Version: 8.0.175 / Virus Database: 270.8.4/1749 - Release Date: 10/27/2008 7:57 AM

Actually the rule has been changed for the World Series and it would not have been called a complete game. Per Bud Selig, after the game, under the new rule for a Series, they would have gone into a rain delay which could have lasted for hours or days, but the game would have ultimately been played to its completion.

Don't feel bad about not knowing about that change in rules for the series. The Tampa Bay Manager didn't even know. They probably would have stopped earlier or something were it not for today's forecast.

Today

High: 44 °F RealFeel®: 31 °F

Winds gusting past 45 mph and colder with occasional rain

Tonight

Low: 36 °F RealFeel®: 22 °F

An evening rain or snow shower in spots; otherwise, mostly cloudy, windy and cold

Tomorrow

High: 50 °F RealFeel®: 38 °F

Clouds and sun, windy and chilly with a shower around, perhaps a snow shower early in the day

> > >> > So close.......and then the rains and now the game suspended> > indefinitely as tomorrow is suppose to be worse. When it does the score> > is 2-2 in the bottom of the sixth and they just need this game to win it> > all. Even mother nature has it in for the Phillies it seems. This is the> > first suspended World Series Game in history. Wonder if they are staring> > at the tv waiting for it to finish or sitting in the rain waiting. This> > is really sad for all the fans but nothing to do about it I guess.> >> > > >> >------------------------------------------------------------------------> >> >> >No virus found in this incoming message.> >Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com > >Version: 8.0.175 / Virus Database: 270.8.4/1749 - Release Date: 10/27/2008 7:57 AM> >> > > >>

By the top of the third I left the stands and went to the host's lunchroom. Had dinner with Jerry and did not return to the stands at all.

Before the gates were open, it felt like "snow" to me.

They were selling "hot chocolate".

It was very, very exciting waiting for the game to start. I did find a "warm" spot outside the lady's room where the wind was blocked. The wind was the worst part for me. It took some of the fun out of being there.

I was glad they suspended the game, was not looking forward to spending the night at the ball park.

This morning i heard that this is the first time a world series game had to be stopped due to weather. Now they have to "enact" a rule.

In the meantime, while waiting for the gates to open. Since Jerry works there we get there super early: 2:30 for a 5:30 gate opening for an 8:30 game. While on Darien Street outside the ball park, I saw Kerbeck deliver cars. A silver Rolls Royce, a black maserati, a white Bently convertable, and a black Bently. They took them off of the flat bed trucks and drove them into the players parking garage. I guess some of the players planned on driving home in their new cars.

Oxygen: i used the little helios, set at 2 lpm; switched to the marathon, also set a 2 liters, had some M6 tanks just in case. walked slowly to conserve o2. Was worried that i would use up my supply of o2 before I got home. But it lasted. Got home about 1 am. It was a very long day, or should i say evening.

at this time i do not plan on leaving the house todayPink Joyce IPF 3/06 Pennsylvania

So close....... and then the rains and now the game suspendedindefinitely as tomorrow is suppose to be worse. When it does the scoreis 2-2 in the bottom of the sixth and they just need this game to win itall. Even mother nature has it in for the Phillies it seems. This is thefirst suspended World Series Game in history. Wonder if they are staringat the tv waiting for it to finish or sitting in the rain waiting. Thisis really sad for all the fans but nothing to do about it I guess.

No virus found in this incoming message.

Checked by AVG - http://www.avg. com Version: 8.0.175 / Virus Database: 270.8.4/1749 - Release Date: 10/27/2008 7:57 AM

Pink I was worried about you when I saw the rain and people bundled up. Cold is one thing, wet is another.Cold and wet is DANGEROUS..  I hope you are ok.As Far as the Rays go-- they haven't been playing worth a ccaca. But it ain't over till the fat I sing. lolI haven't watched all of the games just check in between shows. Looking pretty sad right now. Take care and drink hot tea with honey. STAY OUT OF THE RAIN.. #1 rule, NO GETTING SICK. Love & Prayers, PeggyFlorida,  IPF/UIP 2004"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet, when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."  By the top of the third I left the stands and went to the host's lunchroom.  Had dinner with Jerry and did not return to the stands at all. Before the gates were open, it felt like "snow" to me. They were selling "hot chocolate". It was very, very exciting waiting for the game to start.  I did find a "warm" spot outside the lady's room where the wind was blocked.  The wind was the worst part for me.  It took some of the fun out of being there.  I was glad they suspended the game, was not looking forward to spending the night at the ball park. This morning i heard that this is the first time a world series game had to be stopped due to weather.  Now they have to "enact" a rule.  In the meantime, while waiting for the gates to open.  Since Jerry works there we get there super early:  2:30 for a 5:30 gate opening for an 8:30 game.  While on Darien Street outside the ball park, I saw Kerbeck deliver cars.  A silver Rolls Royce, a black maserati, a white Bently convertable, and a black Bently.  They took them off of the flat bed trucks and drove them into the players parking garage.  I guess some of the players planned on driving home in their new cars. Oxygen:  i used the little helios, set at 2 lpm; switched to the marathon, also set a 2 liters, had some M6 tanks just in case.  walked slowly to conserve o2.  Was worried that i would use up my supply of o2 before I got home.  But it lasted.  Got home about 1 am.  It was a very long day, or should i say evening.  at this time i do not plan on leaving the house todayPink Joyce IPF 3/06  Pennsylvania --- On Tue, 10/28/08, Zion <ljz741 (AT) verizon (DOT) net> wrote:From: Zion <ljz741 (AT) verizon (DOT) net>Subject: Re: Poor and Pink JoyceTo: Breathe-Support Date: Tuesday, October 28, 2008, 12:12 AMBruce, What I understand is ...they will attempt to finish the game tomorrow ( but it's supposed to be worse tomorrow)...or they will do so on Wednesday...when this miserable storm is finished.  The field was a swamp!!! They should have stopped at least 30 minutes sooner.If they had decided to just call it a complete  game ( it was offically a game after the 5th)...they would have had to basically erase the Rays' second run because thePhillies had not had their at- bat in the bottom of the 6th inning.  So, the Rays have had sort of a repreive for now.Anyway, it's fun!!! Crazy but fun.Sorry, Peggy! Z 64, fibriotic NSIP/o5/PAAnd “mild” PH/10/07 and Reynaud’s too!!No, NSIP was not self-inflicted…I never smoked!Potter, reader,carousel lover and MomMom to Darahand Sara      “I’m gonna be iron like a lion in Zion”  Bob MarleyVinca Minor-periwinkle is my flower  Bruce Moreland wrote:So close....... and then the rains and now the game suspendedindefinitely as tomorrow is suppose to be worse. When it does the scoreis 2-2 in the bottom of the sixth and they just need this game to win itall. Even mother nature has it in for the Phillies it seems. This is thefirst suspended World Series Game in history. Wonder if they are staringat the tv waiting for it to finish or sitting in the rain waiting. Thisis really sad for all the fans but nothing to do about it I guess.No virus found in this incoming message.

Checked by AVG - http://www.avg. com

Version: 8.0.175 / Virus Database: 270.8.4/1749 - Release Date: 10/27/2008 7:57 AM

Pink

I certainly felt for you enduring all that but you were part of history.

Forever people will talk about that game and you'll be able to say " I

was there " .

>

>

>

> So close....... and then the rains and now the game suspended

> indefinitely as tomorrow is suppose to be worse. When it does the

score

> is 2-2 in the bottom of the sixth and they just need this game to win

it

> all. Even mother nature has it in for the Phillies it seems. This is

the

> first suspended World Series Game in history. Wonder if they are

staring

> at the tv waiting for it to finish or sitting in the rain waiting.

This

> is really sad for all the fans but nothing to do about it I guess.

>

>

>

> No virus found in this incoming message.

> Checked by AVG - http://www.avg. com

> Version: 8.0.175 / Virus Database: 270.8.4/1749 - Release Date:

10/27/2008 7:57 AM

>