RemedySpot.com

newbies

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi newbies

To be or not to be, that is the question regarding prednisone. There has always been discussion about prednisone. some people hate it, some people are glad it exists.

It has made my life easier. Fortunately when i was diagnosed I was put on 10 mgs, after about 2 weeks, the symptoms of ipf decreased, less coughing, less SOB, etc. it decreased the inflammation. eventually i was able to go down to 7.5 mgs.

last spring, during a flare up, the docs talked about getting listed for a transplant, but decided to increase the prednisone to 40 mgs. It took care of the inflammation, after being weaned slowly, i am down to 12.5 mgs. I should be down to 10 mgs by now, but have had other issues.

40 mgs was for less than a month, so except for being hyper and "off the wall" for a couple of days, i am happy i was on it.

Prednisone does not cure IPF, but it does relieve the inflamation and decrease the symptoms.

the worst side effect for me has been the weight gain.Pink Joyce IPF 3/06 Pennsylvania