RemedySpot.com

Re: , vacation and Joyce

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Peggy,

Not home yet. I am staying for one more week. I am having a wonderful time with my grandsons, son and daughter-in-law AND!!! the weather has been great. I haven't been able to post much because of vacationing, gabbing till all hours in the morning and schoolwork. I am also way way way behind in posts.

I loved reading about Joyce's service and still can't quite believe she is truly gone. Kerry's descriptions and heart sharing thoughts had me sobbing my eyes out and I am so grateful that both her and Leanne got to be there and were able to represent all of us and let Lucien know how much she meant to us. I miss you Peggy and will try to call when I get home. Love you-

R. (52) Sarcoid/PF 3/2006 Carlsbad, California

From: Jane <jjarrett (AT) optilink (DOT) us>Subject: VickyTo: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. comDate: Tuesday, September 30, 2008, 9:09 AM

Hi Vicky!

I am glad to see you posting again after such a rough episode. When I was in the hospital four years ago (I know everyone is probably tired of hearing about this) when I was transferred to a long-term acute care unit, I was awake, groggy, but I could not even speak because I had a trach. Some of the nurses, CNAs, etc. who were taking care of me would come in and look at me. One of them, when changing my diapers would say: She has heavy legs. Now I could not reply and I was alone in my room with no family present. I was dead weight and I could not even turn myself over at all. They all dreaded coming in to change me and my bed. When I would press the button for them to come in my room, one of them told me to start trying to turn over before they got there. Some of them couldn't even do it and would get other

people to come and turn me over and boy did they gripe. And I still could not talk. However my greatest delight was when a year ago I went back to visit this horrible place and they were so surprised! I was told that hardly anyone comes walking back in on their own. So Vicky, what goes around comes around! God is taking care of everything!

You might want to get your daughter or husband to write a letter about the incident with the paramedics. That way, their boss and his boss will know exactly what was said. You deserve the utmost respect and should demand it and if you can't, your daughter or husband will be there for you.

Love & Toodles to you,

Jane UIP/IPF 12/1998 Dalton, Georgia aka pianolady_musicgirl