RemedySpot.com

Re: Topical hormones /

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

It sure does make sense..going on the birth control pill at age 38 after not being on it for 11 years ruined me.

It was one of the dumbest things I ever did, but I was not educated. Believe me, my daughter will know the pros and cons of birth control pills and how hormone levels affect our bodies.

I also know what you mean about DOCS saying you have your period you are FINE, then they donn't show the result numbers to the patient. Mine are in the "normal" range but on the VERY LOW SIDe. I know that is NOT normal for me! WOmen, please be firm and get your numbers and see if they are on the LOW side of normal. That could mean LOW for you if you do not feel good!

It's Tax Time! Get tips, forms and advice on AOL Money Finance.

Guest guest

It sure does make sense..going on the birth control pill at age 38 after not being on it for 11 years ruined me.

It was one of the dumbest things I ever did, but I was not educated. Believe me, my daughter will know the pros and cons of birth control pills and how hormone levels affect our bodies.

I also know what you mean about DOCS saying you have your period you are FINE, then they donn't show the result numbers to the patient. Mine are in the "normal" range but on the VERY LOW SIDe. I know that is NOT normal for me! WOmen, please be firm and get your numbers and see if they are on the LOW side of normal. That could mean LOW for you if you do not feel good!

It's Tax Time! Get tips, forms and advice on AOL Money Finance.

Guest guest

blueeberri@... wrote: >>>>Doesn't it matter what your levels are to begin with? It makes good common sense to at least have baseline levels of your hormones. I wish I would have done that in my 20's...but it was hard enough 'begging' my doc to test them in my early 30's. Most doctors attitudes are..."if you are still cycling, then your hormones are fine." So not true! You can indeed have problems with the receptors in the vulvar skin (even with good blood levels of estrogen and testosterone). When using the topicals, though, we should use a small amount and not over do it. It's always good to be

cautious. Past birth control pill use is notorious for 'blocking' Estrogen and Testosterone receptor sites, so even when you stop taking it, it can indeed leave you with after-effects. Does this make sense? ~Chelle